News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

I agree that Harmonious was doomed by the very poor decision to leave them out in view destroying the view of World Showcase. I think if that had not happened, Harm would still be playing next week. It may have also needed some sponsorship cash, because maintenance was costing a fortune.
Is Epcot interested in a Sponsorship for WSL? I don't remember if ROE eneded with one or not. We know EF and Harm is not sponsored.

aladdin2007

I agree that Harmonious was doomed by the very poor decision to leave them out in view destroying the view of World Showcase. I think if that had not happened, Harm would still be playing next week. It may have also needed some sponsorship cash, because maintenance was costing a fortune.
which is something they should have foreseen before it was even green lit. We all saw that coming before it even began.

peter11435

ROE's Globe worked beautifully like.....90% of the time . Maybe more? How did Epcot maintain that?
There are eight massive LED screens on the fin barges. Each are significantly larger than the screen on the earth globe. There’s also exponentially more show lighting, fountains, etc used in Harmonious. Plus the massive moving arms. Then consider the fact that nothing can be brought backstage for maintenance

monorail81

It was very difficult to make it through the crowd for tonight’s finale. (This picture was taken at 8:58.)
E408DA43-74B9-4458-9577-5A23478A7D5D.jpeg

Vinnie Mac

I look forward to Epcot Forever tommorow and the new show in October but I'm not gonna jump on the hate train and claim Harmonious was the worst thing ever. Gave me some great personal memories and it will always remind me of 2022 and 2021 which were two of the best years of my life. It's been real, but we gotta move on now

jrhwdw

And there goes Harm! Along with the 50th with the last Answer The Call in WSL. You did the 50th WDW!!! Bumpy to say the least, but WDW did it!!! THANKS WDW!!!!!!!

Disone

It was very difficult to make it through the crowd for tonight’s finale. (This picture was taken at 8:58.) View attachment 708254
It was packed front center. PACKED
PXL_20230403_011459748.jpg

Lots of Harmonious wear. Crowd sang along and cheered. And a huge population stayed for the post show and waited for the barges to shut off for the last time.

I know you hated it. And I know you love to take pictures of how unpopular it was but it most certainly had its fans.

It wasn't illuminations. I'll give you that for sure. But it also wasn't nearly as bad or as hated as some made it out to be. I'll miss it but I look forward to what they do next.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

It was packed front center. PACKED
View attachment 708271

Lots of Harmonious wear. Crowd sang along and cheered. And a huge population stayed for the post show and waited for the barges to shut up.

I know you hated it. And I know you love to take pictures of how unpopular it was but it most certainly had its fans.

It wasn't illuminations. I'll give you that for sure. But it also wasn't nearly as bad or as hated as some made it out to be. I'll miss it but I look forward to what they do next.
That's fine if he hates Harm. Everyone has their opinion. However is WSL really lacking Crowds like his Pics???Totally Understand that Harm is not 360 which makes Japan and Showcase Plaza full. Does Epcot need people deep all round WSL every night??

Disone

That's fine if he hates Harm. Everyone has their opinion. However is WSL really lacking Crowds like his Pics???Totally Understand that Harm is not 360 which makes Japan and Showcase Plaza full. Does Epcot need people deep all round WSL every night??
In short no. I'm not going to say it's crazy busy but If you're expecting to come to Epcot and be able to throw a brick blindfolder without hitting anyone based on his pictures..... maybe just leave the brick at home:).

He has done an absolutely masterful job of taking pictures that make it look like almost no one is there.

There are plenty of people in WSL during the evening.

I honestly don't think illuminations had that much of a crowd from the same spots It's day had gone by the time it retired after 20 years.

I go more by the full service sit down restaurants. Most are still very hard to get into. Also......

When I came into the park at 8:15, just to watch Harmonious, I noted Only monorail's, blue and teal were running on the line. However for park exit after 9 they now have added red. They wouldn't do that if they didn't think it was busy enough to warrant doing so.

jrhwdw

In short no. I'm not going to say it's crazy busy but If you're expecting to come to Epcot and be able to throw a brick blindfolder without hitting anyone based on his pictures..... maybe just leave the brick at home:).

He has done an absolutely masterful job of taking pictures that make it look like almost no one is there.

There are plenty of people in WSL during the evening.

I honestly don't think illuminations had that much of a crowd from the same spots It's day had gone by the time it retired after 20 years.

I go more by the full service sit down restaurants. Most are still very hard to get into. Also......

When I came into the park at 8:15, just to watch Harmonious, I noted Only monorail's, blue and teal were running on the line. However for park exit after 9 they now have added red. They wouldn't do that if they didn't think it was busy enough to warrant doing so.
I thought ADR's were way down for Harm? Wasn't that one of the last straws?

Disone

I thought ADR's were way down for Harm? Wasn't that one of the last straws?
I can't speak to how far down they are. I can only speak that if you want one on short notice. You're going to have a hard time finding it. Maybe they used to be booked out 9 months in advance and now they're only booked out 3 months in advance? But go ahead and try booking one for same day... Good luck with that 🙂

jrhwdw

I can't speak to how far down they are. I can only speak that if you want one on short notice. You're going to have a hard time finding it. Maybe they used to be booked out 9 months in advance and now they're only booked out 3 months in advance? But go ahead and try booking one for same day... Good luck with that 🙂
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I Wish!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom