EPCOT's Future World to become Discoveryland on October 1??

bucklmd

imagineer boy said:
Its a Lord of the Rings term.

In other words, Grizz has decided to leave the boards because other members were rude to him. I'm sure some day, he'll pay us all a visit again...

OK, thanks for clearing that up. Sorry I didn't get the LOR term. I've never watched it. Well, I enjoyed reading a lot of Grizz's posts, but there are always two sides to every story.

jedimaster1227

imagineer boy said:
Its a Lord of the Rings term.

In other words, Grizz has decided to leave the boards because other members were rude to him. I'm sure some day, he'll pay us all a visit again...

I probably would have done the same thing if it were me (And it has been but we won't go into that now:zipit: ) I hope everyone realizes that kindness and patience are the only way to keep a forum alive. So, lets all hold hands... Just kidding...

Anyways, I think that we should make a list for Steve to put on the Introductory "New Member's" forum. We will compile all of those nit-picks and subjects that fire up members on the forum and make others think that they are rude and then leave. I will send something to Steve tommorow! :wave: (I am going to Epcot and maybe MK tommorow! Yeah! :sohappy: )

Tim G

goofyfan13 said:
Well, looks like I'll have to get on it as much as possible in the next year...
Why???

Won't help...

If it's gotta go, it's gotta go... No mortal can change that...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Corrus said:
Why???

Won't help...

If it's gotta go, it's gotta go... No mortal can change that...

What do you mean "gotta go?"

I know you don't like CoP, but why on earth would there be a need for its demolition? People do ride it, and there's other places to build stuff at MK.

Tim G

mousermerf said:
What do you mean "gotta go?"

I know you don't like CoP, but why on earth would there be a need for its demolition? People do ride it, and there's other places to build stuff at MK.
It's got nothing to do with, me liking it or not... mark my words... before this christmas, it will be closed for good... it should have been closed a long time ago... it's outdated, scruffy... and old... so get used to it... C.O.P. - R.I.P. :lookaroun :) :D

But think of what you could do with the space... (and no...no meet'n greet)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Corrus said:
It's got nothing to do with, me liking it or not... mark my words... before this christmas, it will be closed for good... it should have been closed a long time ago... it's outdated, scruffy... and old... so get used to it... C.O.P. - R.I.P. :lookaroun :) :D

But think of what you could do with the space... (and no...no meet'n greet)

Is there enough room for a bake shop that sells cookies, a store that sells yeti plush, and a submarine ride based on Nemo?

Seriously - if they take down CoP, will they also get rid of the old Skyway station? If CoP goes and it stays, i'll be annoyed.

Tim G

There's a work-around solution for that...

The only problem (IMO) will be the closing of a huge part of the park...

goofyfan13

MouseMadness said:
I think maybe he means just to experience it as much as possible :)

Right on.

It's not going to be the end of the world for me if it goes, but it was still a nice attraction to sit and relax and enjoy. :)

Spicey477

Great ideas

Newbie here and I am totally enjoying this thread! I think you all should compile a list of these rumors and lame questions that get asked over and over, I would like some answers myself... I think it should be required reading for all new forum posters!

DisneyWales

DiscoveryWorld

I think DiscoveryWorld would make more sence with the new direction Epcot is taking than Future World. It has a broader theme, they could add a weather Pavaillion to DiscoveryWorld.

It never really made sence to me why it was called Futureworld. But whats in a name?!?! Anyway Discovery World is Better than Discoveryland, they have one of them in Paris, and its not all that great (Well Space Mountain asside)

jedimaster1227

I feel Future World should stay but be spruced up a bit to fit in to the theme of "Future World." Maybe we will see something like this soon when Siemens' Rehab of the park happens.

(Steve has decided to look at the list we just made on this thread about things for Newbies not to do or talk about. Also, I realized that we on this thread don't know how to count- Check the numbering to see what I mean :lol: )

yensidtlaw1969

DisneyWales said:
I think DiscoveryWorld would make more sence with the new direction Epcot is taking than Future World. It has a broader theme, they could add a weather Pavaillion to DiscoveryWorld.
I think you can pretty much put a weather pavillion out of your head. It's not going to happen and I don't believe it ever was.

I myself would rather see someything much more progressive, something that pushes the limits of today's Technology and makes people say "YES! THIS is the Epcot attraction we've all been waiting for!"

Yensid "tick-tock-tick-tock-.-.-." tlaw1969

jedimaster1227

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I think you can pretty much put a weather pavillion out of your head. It's not going to happen and I don't believe it ever was.

I myself would rather see someything much more progressive, something that pushes the limits of today's Technology and makes people say "YES! THIS is the Epcot attraction we've all been waiting for!"

Yensid "tick-tock-tick-tock-.-.-." tlaw1969

I agree on the idea of a weather pavilion. 2% likely overall, in other words, it isn't happening any time soon if ever. I truly am waiting for that attraction that makes me feel like Disney is still being handeled the way Walt Disney would have wanted it to be handled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom