Epcot's 40th Anniversary

TikibirdLand

Yep.
I said it earlier, absolutely zilch for the 40th.
Mark my words.

All you will see is limited edition merch, 'retro' branded merch, official Disney blog / social media hype posts, and a couple of bones tossed to the salivating 'original' fans.
Every marketing trick in the book will be used to sell something to you that reminds one of the EPCOT Center attractions that no longer exsist.
Expect the nostalgia card to be swiftly and cunningly played.

I'd really like to be more positive about this...but nope.
Not happening.
Today's Disney will do zip unless it's related to merchandise or 'Instagram photographable' product.
Oh, they WILL however have one of those pricey 'D23 Disney Destination' events ....for fans who want to 'celebrate Epcot's 40th'....for a price.

Having said all that........'negativity'.....
I propose a positive option -

✨

I say we all show up in the Park on October 1st and have our own celebration, together, as it should be.
As has been done before.
Power to the people.

WE are EPCOT Center now...we are the FUTURE and we are the global community it has brought together.
Epcot deserves better then just another social media marketing campaign.
Think of the people who designed, built, and labored over this marvelous creation that has inspired and driven so many of us.
They deserve better respect, too.

Rile the masses, and do it up right.
Don't for a minute trust today's TDO to do anything substantial in regards to honoring the 40th.
It's up to those who care the most about the legacy of this Park to do something.
One cannot just keep wishing and hoping something will happen.
YOU have to MAKE IT happen!

So, what are you waiting for?

✨

-
yeah, that'll show 'em. Show up enmass and all pay your Benjamins and channel your inner urban explorer looking for lost Horizons, Set into Motion your love of omnimovers at EPCoT and find the lost remnants of Cranium Command...

I do agree that EPCoT deserves better than what TDO will be doing. But, I'm not so sure giving them more money will convey the message, "YOU SUCK AT EDUTAINMENT". To me, it just screams, "I'll do anything; just don't let EPCoT die!".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd love to hang around for Epcot's 40th but we won't be able to be gone that long (have another engagement on the coast about a week prior, plus possibly a few days on land before that).

Amused to Death

Merchandise. Sold at one location. With a four hour plus wait. While all other retail locations around the park are deader than a doornail. Exactly as they've done before and exactly as they will continue to do in the future. It's as if the mouse has no memory.

Trekkie101

Park Hours etc should drop in the next few days.

Personally hoping for the same firework tag as the 30th with the WW3 barges.

Thelazer

They need to re-work Epcot forever if they are going to do that.
There was a fan made version going around that was DAMN good in it's arraignment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom