Epcot's 25th Aniversery

Swamp Fox

I wouldn't mind seeing the lucite sculpture put back in the entrance fountain. Sure it was plain during the day but it looked awesome at night.

Swamp Fox

Figment fan

Original Poster
I would like to see some of the original attractions come back (Journey into Imagination being my favourite) and like to see "Captain EO" come back and have Wonders of life open daily.

askmike1

Perhaps they can theme Tapestries to Future World rather than the nations (or dreams). They can use the same 'puppets' (and the sage of time), just change the meaning of the parade to something like 'looking to the future.' And perhaps they can keep the dreamcatcher float too, just make the kids write what they'd like to be in the future (or what they'd like to see in the future).

Number_6

Some people here are talking about adding a new pavillion or certain types of new attractions to World Showcase pavillions. First question I have is "Where would you be able to put a new pavillion?" Right now, as it stands, I just can't see where the space would be located. As far as adding a coaster to Japan, you would pretty much have to knock down most of the pavillion to fit something like that since The Boardwalk's cast parking is pretty much right behind it. You might be able to add the Rhine River ride to Germany, since I'm not sure how it looks just behind there, but other than that, I just don't see where they would get the room for this great expansion.

askmike1

Number_6 said:
Some people here are talking about adding a new pavillion or certain types of new attractions to World Showcase pavillions. First question I have is "Where would you be able to put a new pavillion?" Right now, as it stands, I just can't see where the space would be located. As far as adding a coaster to Japan, you would pretty much have to knock down most of the pavillion to fit something like that since The Boardwalk's cast parking is pretty much right behind it. You might be able to add the Rhine River ride to Germany, since I'm not sure how it looks just behind there, but other than that, I just don't see where they would get the room for this great expansion.
WS has room for an additional 8 (I forget what the number was exactly) pavillions.

-Michael

longfamily

The outpost between China and Germany, space between the roses and Canada, and as a stretch...the international gateway are all places that could be redesigned to make a few new pavillions (countries). the outpost can be moved to the area between Morocco and Germany.

It would be logical to have an Epcot anniversery for marketing reasons. Everyone would be really excited about such a prospect and many people would schedule a Disney vacation just to be part of something like this...another way to get people to come.:)

aimster

Fantasmic said:
It scares me so much talking about Epcots 25th Anniversary.

I'm the same age as Epcot
I was 8 when Epcot opened so...

Age is just a number. You're freaked out about turning 25? Lord help you when 30 starts creeping up on ya. :lol: For the record, I was very happyt o turn 30. 10 years of being in my 20's was way too much. I hated it. I absolutely love being 30.

Number_6

longfamily said:
The outpost between China and Germany, space between the roses and Canada, and as a stretch...the international gateway are all places that could be redesigned to make a few new pavillions (countries). the outpost can be moved to the area between Morocco and Germany.

The outpost was supposed to be a pavillion originally, but something happened where they decided it wasn't feasable or they didn't have the funding or whatever it was so they made it into a small outpost. It would depend on what was in the area behind it and if they could do something with it there. International Gateway is the entrance to Epcot for people staying at Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach and the Swan and Dolphin. Redesigning it to be a pavillion would be harder to do now than it would have been prior to the construction of the Epcot area resorts. There are no buses from Boardwalk or Y&B to Epcot because people can just walk right over or take the water shuttle. And the area between Morocco and Germany? That's called Japan, The American Adventure and Italy...

askmike1

Disney was supposed to have a whole Africa pavillion, but because of the South African Apartheid movement, Disney did not view any as suitable partners for the pavillion.
Also, there was supposed to be a huge Soviet/Russian Pavilion during the Disney Decade, but because of costs (and possible relations from the Russian sponsor to the mob) this was nixed too. More info on this can be found here.

-Michael

longfamily

Number_6 said:
And the area between Morocco and Germany? That's called Japan, The American Adventure and Italy...

tsk tsk tsk...
I'm not an idiot, it was a joke.:brick:

However, there is enough space where the outpost is to build something new if they did in fact think to go that route. There is also plenty of room at the international gateway to build another country. go to the gateway and look right.

Number_6

longfamily said:
tsk tsk tsk...
I'm not an idiot, it was a joke.:brick:

Since sarcasm doesn't translate over to text very well without some sort of indicator, and I have heard people make comments like that before and be serious, sometimes there's no way to know if a person is serious or not. ;)

Buzzforprez

Swamp Fox said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the lucite sculpture put back in the entrance fountain. Sure it was plain during the day but it looked awesome at night.

Swamp Fox

Hate to tell you but they just sold that on ebay :cry:

KumbaRider

They need to add the boat ride to Germany, another Pavillion between Germany and China, and one between Morocco and France....of course, after that they'll add the log flume to Canada, all while providing unlimited funds for the projects!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Chape19714 said:
Keep in mind, a parade is probally the last thing on thier mind, because EPCOT was not origionally designed to host a parade..

Believe it or not, World Showcase prom was designed from the outset to host a parade - around the whole length too. Hidden / motorised lighting and audio was fitted from day one, as were zoning plans, sensor tracks and RF transmitters. Strange when you rightly say crowd control was difficult.

There is plenty of room for more countries - I`d say 4 for definate, including the still vacant Africa lot. Also, Italy and Germany still have space for their water rides, Japan could still hold a mountain (possibly utilising the Meet The World building) and France could still have its Expo hall. On the UK is locked in now - the Millenium pavilion takes up the space reserved for its Crystal Palace show building.

Pixie Duster

Redesigned Energy ,yay! I love Ellen, but ya, time to revamp. Epcot and I will be turning 25 together and Epcot is about the get more magical as of 4/3/05... nothing big, so don't start speculating

General Grizz

Pixie Duster said:
Redesigned Energy ,yay! I love Ellen, but ya, time to revamp. Epcot and I will be turning 25 together and Epcot is about the get more magical as of 4/3/05... nothing big, so don't start speculating
From what I hear, this revamp will be MORE than a revamp... I have no specifics, but from what I hear everything - including the subject matter - is fair game for the axe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom