EPCOT war memorial?

cmheisel

Original Poster
What are the granite emplacements at the entranceway to EPCOT with the digitized photos on them?

My wife and I joke that it's a war memorial, I think they're like D-Day tank obstacles.

Any chance now that the wand is gone, and Universe of Energy has it's proper color scheme, that the Imagineers might open-up the entrance plaza again?

sweetpee_1993

Lol! I find it interesting that there are guests who don't know what the LaL walls are. When you think about it, it makes sense that people wouldn't know unless they had been there when they were being sold. On our recent trip my youngest and I were standing by my sons' tile talking about it when a couple nice gentlemen approached me and asked what the walls are, what do they mean. Now I see very plainly that without explanation they don't make sense. The gentlemen also wanted to know how they could get a tile. I explained everything, of course. They thought it was neat to see my son now 12 years old standing next to the picture of him when he was just 6.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
What are the granite emplacements at the entranceway to EPCOT with the digitized photos on them?

My wife and I joke that it's a war memorial, I think they're like D-Day tank obstacles.

Any chance now that the wand is gone, and Universe of Energy has it's proper color scheme, that the Imagineers might open-up the entrance plaza again?

I think you need better bait.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Welcome to WDWMagic!

If someone who dosn`t know the reasons behind LAL thinks this surely TDO have no excuse not to accelerate their removal.

Back at the Millenium, guests could pay top have their picture `laser etched` on a little bit of metal and have the photo stuck on one of the rocks. A great way to have paying guests pay more to cover some of the costs of the new plaza design. Only not enough signed up and there are plenty of empty spaces. The program has long closed, and the entrance to the park is left looking like just how you described it.

Mr.EPCOT

One of these days, someone is going to have to photoshop the EPCOT War. Dreamfinder and Figment firing a missile out of the Dream Machine at Nigel Channing. Commander Fullerton spearing Nemo and his buddies. the hovercraft from Horizons, X-2 rocket from Mission: SPACE dogfighting in the middle of Surprise in the Skies or Skyleidoscope. SMRT-1 and Tom Morrow 2.0 duking it out in a laser robot battle. Germany invading France and bombing the United Kingdom. Dinosaurs tearing Ellen to shreds. An army of Test Track cars invading Hub City/Center Core. The Kitchen Kabaret cast eating Patrick Warburton. Canada going "Eh?"

EPCOT Explorer

One of these days, someone is going to have to photoshop the EPCOT War. Dreamfinder and Figment firing a missile out of the Dream Machine at Nigel Channing. Commander Fullerton spearing Nemo and his buddies. the hovercraft from Horizons, X-2 rocket from Mission: SPACE dogfighting in the middle of Surprise in the Skies or Skyleidoscope. SMRT-1 and Tom Morrow 2.0 duking it out in a laser robot battle. Germany invading France and bombing the United Kingdom. Dinosaurs tearing Ellen to shreds. An army of Test Track cars invading Hub City/Center Core. The Kitchen Kabaret cast eating Patrick Warburton. Canada going "Eh?"
:sohappy:

Grandma and Grandpa from Horizons killing Lt. Dan....Perrin/Dobbs, Cronkite and Irons yelling at Dench...

WIN!

Mr.EPCOT

:sohappy:

Grandma and Grandpa from Horizons killing Lt. Dan....Perrin/Dobbs, Cronkite and Irons yelling at Dench...

WIN!

Walter Cronkite says "And that's the way it was," and then bludgeons Judi Dench to death with the sharpened edges of the old descent Spaceship Earth model.

Eyorefan

My sister and brother-in-law joined us on our most recent trip to WDW this past September. It was my BiL's first visit since 1986.

When we walked into Epcot for the first time, he stoped dead in his tracks and said, "What the heck happened here? Did someone die?"

Yeah, it is way past time for TDO to change the entrance. I really don't think the memorial look is a good way to draw people into your theme park.

Maryssa*

...I have SUCH a huge urge to draw this.

EPCOT Explorer

My sister and brother-in-law joined us on our most recent trip to WDW this past September. It was my BiL's first visit since 1986.

When we walked into Epcot for the first time, he stoped dead in his tracks and said, "What the heck happened here? Did someone die?"

Yeah, it is way past time for TDO to change the entrance. I really don't think the memorial look is a good way to draw people into your theme park.
Yes, EPCOT Center aesthetics and common sense. :lol:
I've always wanted to a smackdown between Dreamfinder and Nigel Channing Celebrity Deathmatch-style.
It would be amazing.

The Empress Lilly

Tear down the war memorial!

I don't mind the concept. I can well figure myself having paid to get a picture of my family up there.

But the thing is a misplaced eyesore. It is vandalism, the destruction of a what was once a sight to behold, for a quick one-time gain. Silly.

(Just move these tombstones someplace else already!)

BenS

As someone who actually bought a Leave a Legacy tile, I would also like to see it moved. Obviously there's nowhere they could put the big pillars, but the tiles themselves could be relocated.

Maybe the Innoventions breezeways? Or that one quiet corridor in the Innoventions West. (the same building Club Cool is attached to, and where the Epcot 25th anniversary place was)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom