Epcot Wand up or down? (POLL)

Do you want to see the SE wand stay or get the boot?

• I would hate to see it go, I want it to stay!

Votes: 234 38.7%
  • It is annoying, I would tear it down myself!

Votes: 370 61.3%

• Total voters

DisneyWales

Wand

I like the wand, ive never been to Epcot before the wand was there, but I Like the way it looks, its like a magic wand casting a spell over Epcot!, however the support tower on the left side is Horrific!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
it would be against the rules to really tell what i think about the wand. i would have to wash my mouth out with soap...... actually wash my fingers. :D

Huge Dreamer

Like I have said before sell tickets to watch it be taken down. It would be a great event to start of Epoct's 25th. Thats just my thoughts on it and I don't think it is going any where soon but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Rototom

Down goes the wand......

Down as fast as possible.

I may be wrong but my guess is most people voting for it to stay were never there before it was up.

PeeplMoovr

I'm amazed that so many people actually like that thing.

I be curious to see if younger people like it more than older people.

Oh - I voted for blow it up, then crush it into little pieces and sink it to the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.

SpenceMan01

Give it the 'ol heave-ho. And take that damn Hat from MGM too. Maybe they can get a bulk discount at the trash yard! :lol:

Seriously though, if it's still there for EPCOT's 25th, I will be up in arms!

Grizz: Congrats on 13k posts!

My two cents: For nearly 20 years, Spaceship Earth was unadorned with any type of identification and, I dare say, none was needed--everyone knew that it was the quintessential symbol of EPCOT. Then in late 1998 or early 1999, up went the structure wrapping around the ball and reading, "2000," in preparation for Disney's millenial celebration. I thought, "Well, okay, if you really need to draw attention to the coming Y2K thing, that's fine." But after all the celebrating, the sign was changed to be what it is now.

In truth, I really don't care one way or the other, but I do have a preference: take it down, for two reasons: first, if you're looking at it, you already know where you are, so the sign is necessary. Second, Mickey's arm and hand should not be there: EPCOT was Walt Disney's dream, independent, I think, of Mickey and the world Walt created around him. That ball, unadorned, reminds all of us, as it should, of the genius and vision of the man whose life was far too short, and who gave us so much of what we love and enjoy.

SirGoofy

Hmmm, I've been pondering about the wand for a little while, and I think I know of a reason why it is still up. I'm guessing they're gonna put 25th or something on it when Epcot's anniversary rolls around. I'm probably wrong, but it's just a thought...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom