EPCOT Update: AT&T & Pure and Simple Gone, and What's Left of Food Rocks

General Grizz

Original Poster
Spaceship Earth – AT&T has officially departed. All main advertisements signatures have been removed.

P1010137.jpg

P1010139.jpg

P1010140.jpg
(Sign for Global Neighborhood)

The Global Neighborhood has a wall surrounding it. However, there are absolutely no signs of construction (see photographs). The small central area is simply walled off with no confirmed plans of installing a new attraction, including Time Racers. In short, Global Neighborhood is only closed because AT&T is publicizied all over it.

P1010142.jpg

P1010144.jpg

P1010146.jpg

Innoventions – Future World’s central has several spots set up for the upcoming Flower and Garden Festival. Currently the 18-minute Innoventions loops is playing, not the 52-minute version. Future plans indicate that Innoventions will be demolished to make way for “Future World Gardens,” an expansive and intriguing plan.

P1010134.jpg

Universe of Energy – ExxonMobil signs have not been removed from the area. However, ExxonMobil dropped sponsorship of the attraction – and Walt Disney World’s gas stations – in March. Hess is currently taking residence of the gas stations but has no plans to sponsor the Universe of Energy.

Wonders of Life – The pavilion is open this week (through the 17th, at least). Crowds have been extremely large in size. Pure and Simple has had its sign removed and construction walls covering the restaurant.

P1010184.jpg

The entire gift area is now left barren.

P1010183.jpg

This was extremely depressing, despite the great turnouts at Cranium Command, Sensory Funhouse, Body Wars, and the Making of Me.

P1010192.jpg

Mexico – The new cultural area features video postcards and an expansive look at Mexican regions, art, and everyday living. A KidCot Funstop is also set up here.

Canada – Soarin’ over California is being constructed directly behind Canada and the Imagination pavilion. Tentative plans call for a new Water Rapids ride to be built as part of the Canadian pavilion, next to the space which will be empty after Soarin’ is finished. This ride may be themed to Brother Bear, and could possibly involve a coaster track.

Journey into Imagination – The glass cleaner has been removed, although certain portions of the glass remain dirty. New Easter, Ballerina, and Skunk Figment plushes are on sale.

The Land – Food Rocks has been completely gutted. Most of the Audio-Animatronics figures have actually been destroyed, although some of the sets and characters were salvaged.

The Living Seas – The current Nemo operation is being stopped in expansion at this point. With a lower budget, Disney is reconsidering the plan to reopen the Sea Cabs. Thus, the “Nemo and Friends” and Nemo Meet and Greet outside may be all the rehab. Despite this possible cancellation of the rehab of Seas, crowds remain high. Crush now narrates the same video about Sea Turtles that is on the second level.

Blizz

Nice update.. (take a look at mine to!)

yeah the AT&T thing is depressing and I to was shocked to still see the ExxonMobil signage...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Has ALL the At&t stuff been removed INSIDE from the ride itself... i.e. when those kids are video conferencing each other and you see the At&t logo? :confused:

Blizz

Originally posted by DMC-12
Has ALL the At&t stuff been removed INSIDE from the ride itself... i.e. when those kids are video conferencing each other and you see the At&t logo? :confused:

ALL the AT&T is gone.. even the subtile hits of it.

DMC-12

Originally posted by Blizz
ALL the AT&T is gone.. even the subtile hits of it.

Kewl.... Hopefully Microsoft or someone else with more $$$ (than At&T) and that truly cares about SSE will pick up the sponsorship... and fix it up and take of it the right way. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Superb update - especially for those of us more than a car ride away!! Many thanks.

I`ve not heard about Innoventions demolition or the Canada water ride - not even on these boards! Any more details (I understand these are RUMOURS and nothing more...)

Watch - in 24 hours the boards will be full of threads about new hybrid water coasters in World Showcase :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Thanks for the news Grizz! :D

I'm shocked to see all the AT&T references gone now. How long have they been actually down? I'm also surprised to see no one had mentioned anything about this yet on the boards.

Also, the water rapids attraction in the Canada pavillion sounds good. Brother Bear would make a nice fit there.

DMC-12

Originally posted by marni1971
Watch - in 24 hours the boards will be full of threads about new hybrid water coasters in World Showcase :lol:

Yes... and Jim Hill will write an article about it tomorrow claming to be the first to know about this.. :lol:

Great Update... Thanks Grizz!... The new water ride (rumor?) in Canada has peaked my intrest! :sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12

Actually, these AT&T logos are still there at the finale and also on the TV screen convo between the "TL" boy and the Japanese girl.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Yeah, I never heard of either of those things either. The initial source was an executive, as relayed from my trusty nephew, 'Lil Buford. So whether or not they will actually materialize, they ARE current plans being considered.

Dayma

Spaceship Earth – AT&T has officially departed. All main advertisements signatures have been removed.

Is there another sponsor that will take over?

Basically we were talking last year about it happening about 10/00/03 and it didnt so I am just wandering how it got drawn out and if there is anything planned....

Thanks

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by blackride
Is there another sponsor that will take over?

Basically we were talking last year about it happening about 10/00/03 and it didnt so I am just wandering how it got drawn out and if there is anything planned....

Thanks

Nothing is planned. If a current sponsorship were confirmed, then the AT&T logos would be replaced by new logos, but this is not the case (in essence, everything is still "sitting there.")

Microsoft was a rumor years back. . . no clue what's going on.

Hopefully not Comcast. :hammer:

Kwit35

Thanks 'Uncle' Grizz

Thanks for the update. Kind of makes me sad. I hope they don't start changing, yet another classic.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Re: Thanks 'Uncle' Grizz

Originally posted by Kwit35
Thanks for the update. Kind of makes me sad. I hope they don't start changing, yet another classic.

The name is GENERAL grizz, but hey, I'll take the uncle. :lol:

I hope SE doesn't change (ride-wise). That's the one attraction I can't see changed - which makes me overjoyed the rehab plans were cancelled. I hope the new sponsors have enough integrety to *enhance* the CURRENT ride and make an awesome post-show.

- Unca Grizz

Moustronaut

Demolish Innoventions?

Would Disney really pull an attaction that was one of the few that attracts new sponsorship?

I know the society of plastics industry has publisized that they are in with their new innoventions booth for the next year and a half and possibly longer. And there is the new nano-tech exhibit also to open soon.

I mean if they've got some super huge sponsor for a new exhibit then that's great and all, but I can't see them actively building new exhibits that they know will be short lived.

Not to mention they have a whole pavilion that's just seasonal that could be torn or converted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom