Epcot to show all FIFA World Cup games from Brazil live

omurice

I got to go in there for lunch there one day it was a nice break from the heat. It was alright, they did not do anything special, no F&W style cuisine, just some basic things like Southwest Chicken Wrap and some bevs, including beer. Was nice to see inside there after so many years.
Odyssey has very dark color scheme, but perhaps it was the blacked out the windows. And oh if you love to wall to wall 80s carpeting, you'll simply love carpeting going up some of the walls!

AndyGator

Are you asking why Big River smells the way it does or Odyssey? Big River has the wonderful smell of a mash tun making beer.[/QUOTE

Yes Big River. And no, it does not smell like a mash tun. It smells like wet carpet and feet. I brew beer regularly. I am familiar with the aroma.

doctornick

Well, Argentina and Brazil are still playing, so I guess there is a lot of demand among a certainly segment of guests due to that....

baymenxpac

disney to open once-awesome restaurant, pavilion to use as ESPN Club satellite locations.

yeah, guys. it just doesn't get any better than this.

pmaljr

debbie-downer-snl-sketch-video.jpg

LOL

JohnD

That's great and all but unless you need someplace to get out of the heat and cool down for a bit, what's the point? Sounds like a great vacation plan. Spend all kinds of money to get to WDW. Then go to Wonders of Life to watch the World Cup. If that's what you want to do, it's your money.

My sole reason for doing this would be to cool down until the next FP+. Adult beverages ought to be served too.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That's great and all but unless you need someplace to get out of the heat and cool down for a bit, what's the point? Sounds like a great vacation plan. Spend all kinds of money to get to WDW. Then go to Wonders of Life to watch the World Cup. If that's what you want to do, it's your money.

My sole reason for doing this would be to cool down until the next FP+. Adult beverages ought to be served too.

If you were a football fan you'd understand.

doctornick

It's a 2 hour game, more or less. If one were a big soccer fan -- especially if one's team/country were playing -- why wouldn't you take the time out during a vacation to watch a game? If you are at WDW for a week or longer, then that time would be a small percentage of the vacation.

JohnD

It's a 2 hour game, more or less. If one were a big soccer fan -- especially if one's team/country were playing -- why wouldn't you take the time out during a vacation to watch a game? If you are at WDW for a week or longer, then that time would be a small percentage of the vacation.

Not knocking the World Cup but you go to the trouble to book a trip to WDW, schedule the parks, get your FP+ and ADRs, then sit down to watch an entire game? It would be one thing if you went to ESPN SportsZone in Boardwalk. Completely another to take two hours out of your day to watch it while INSIDE a park.

Perhaps the only justification I would have is to find out, say, that Soarin has a two hour wait (you used your FP+ on Test Track). So, you decide it's not worth the effort to wait in line and you go watch the game instead while the rest of your party waits to ride Soarin'. I can see that. Maybe not any other reason.

Nero the dog

Before today Brazil have not lost at home for 12 years. They are now quoting what the record scores are in World Cup matches. 9-0 by the way.

wdrive

I can understand why some people are saying 'Why spend money coming to WDW then watch TV?' but I think Disney is being clever here. There are football/soccer fans who would stay in their hotel to watch the game instead of going to the parks. By having the games on at Epcot people can still watch the game and they can still spend their money in the parks. Being English, if England were still in the World Cup I would definitely be watching it no matter how much I had paid. May as well watch it in Epcot where once the game is over I can go straight back into the parks immediately. If Disney weren't showing it I would either be sitting in my hotel room watching and not spending any money or I'd be off somewhere else watching it and spending money there. I know Disney would rather have that money.

Last edited:

FrankLapidus

I wish WDW would put on Liverpool games in the parks when I visit, I love my holiday but I hate being out of the football loop back home.

Think this is a brilliant idea, I remember being in Epcot in 2010 when Germany beat England 4-1 and the German CM's in World Showcase delighted in mocking me. I didn't have the heart to tell them I'm Welsh and so I was nearly as delighted by the result as they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom