Epcot Pyro Test?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If this is true, I'm hoping someone gets a video of the revised show up on YouTube. I'm very intersted to see how much music they'll cut.
Anything BUT YouTube - we want quality, not an MPEG mess!

Still, it`ll be interesting to see how they work around it. And even more interesting to see the final product. I really hope that date is right ;)

Figments Friend

I bet it would be, I also wouldn't be surprised if there were a special 25th anniversery tag on the show.

That would totally rock. Disney already knows our huge group is going to be there that night, and having our Illuminations Dessert Finale Party RIGHT THERE by the water.....what better time to show off the "new" Globe then in front of a ready made, fully appreciative audience ( 110% pure EPCOT Fans!)

Oo! Oo!!

:slurp:

CrashNet

If this is true, I'm hoping someone gets a video of the revised show up on YouTube. I'm very intersted to see how much music they'll cut.
If its the same as the first test, which I believe it is, they finish Chaos (the creation with the inferno barge), then jump immediately into the more upbeat portion of the Earth (video) portion of the show with a simple display with some additional pyro...all in all they cut about 2 and a half minutes from the show.

As for the burnoff...lets just say if they leave the show as it is now, its time will be a little bit sooner than it usually is. ;)

CaptainMichael

I didn't get to Epcot until 8:30 last night, so I didn't get to see the early show, but there was a reception taking place on the Italy island. But I got to watch Wishes and IllumiNations at the same time last night - it was a great sight!
You must have been right next to me then:wave: I was standing near the lampost nearest the AA. I couldn't understand why they were taking that couple's picture in front of the F&W construction wall:brick:

well the year of a million dreams cannot meet its daily quota unless guests are forced to be in bed by 6:30 pm.
Everything was closed by 9 last night...MK closes at 7 tomorrow for P&P:fork:

Was anyone here at Epcot today wearing the black retro Epcot shirt and taking pics of SSE?

Question to CM's, do we get to stay for EMH's?

Figment82

You must have been right next to me then:wave: I was standing near the lampost nearest the AA. I couldn't understand why they were taking that couple's picture in front of the F&W construction wall:brick:

Question to CM's, do we get to stay for EMH's?

I was on the other side of the Italy Island (near Germany), but we were very close!

As for EMH, CMs can not stay for EMH nights unless they themselves are guests of a Disney resort. You can remain in the park and shop/eat (like other non-resort guests do) but you can not obtain a wristband.

CaptainMichael

I was on the other side of the Italy Island (near Germany), but we were very close!

As for EMH, CMs can not stay for EMH nights unless they themselves are guests of a Disney resort. You can remain in the park and shop/eat (like other non-resort guests do) but you can not obtain a wristband.

Ooooh...I was quite surprised to see Wishes looming above the Land.

That stinks:(

Ok, bedtime for me...my shift starts at 6:30....:dazzle:

CSUFSteve

Gosh, I can't imagine Epcot anymore with RoE!! 2009, eh? Well, I guess I've only taped it like 10 times, haha! Does a 10-yr contract really mean anything, though? I mean are there royalties involved to anyone for which Disney is legally bound to no longer do it? If it's just an internal 10-year thing, well... yeah, DL's Fantasmic! was supposed to be updated every 5 years too and we see how often that's happened...

Anyway, RoE will always be special because of the Millenium Celebration. Too many memories of that year. It'd be weird to see it without the mini-SSE too. It was weird seeing it w/o the WWIII barge!

Someone said something about a meet on Oct 1?? Where's the link to that thread?! EPCOT Center is DEFINITELY my favorite Park. Although I sometimes miss the more educational tone, Epcot is a Park that could only be done by Disney. I will definitely be there on Oct 1. Knowing Disney, I'm skeptical of anything overly special for the 25th beyond a press event, merchandise "opportunities", and a brief ceremony at Park opening. But a 25th tag ala Christmas would be SOOO awesome!!

"We've just begun to dream!"

PaisleyMF

Anything BUT YouTube - we want quality, not an MPEG mess!

Out of topic:
YouTube uses flash, and if the user encode in a lower quality is a poor video, now slowly they are swithching to H.264 (HD MPEG) used by Apple, Microsoft, BlueRay DVD and HD DVD discs.

bigcatholicj said:
for those interested....Met Life bought out MGM last night, so that's why they closed early.....i wonder how much that cost..

Depends on the event, They can use just an area or the whole park. I remember Loooong time ago Disneyland use to cost between $10,000 and $250,000 for 3 hours. and that was from a land to the entire park. I hear that last year MGM was booked and it was $250,000 for 3 hours (not sure I could be so wrong)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom