Epcot Pyro Test?

wickedfan07

Anything BUT YouTube - we want quality, not an MPEG mess!

Still, it`ll be interesting to see how they work around it. And even more interesting to see the final product. I really hope that date is right ;)

Haha...I said YouTube because I guess its the fastest. But if you can do something much better ( ;) ) I'd be more than happy to watch it.

Thanks for the info CrashNet. I'm just curous because RoE is one of my favorite compositions of all time and I was wondering if they were going to mutilate it badly.

CrashNet

So when they Globe comes back,will the show be any different from the version they play now?

...Hope not,I love RoE.:(
The show will be the same, just with a new and improved Earth. :)

And 2009 is just the first time something new might replace it. It does not necessarily mean RoE will be gone in 2009. No one really knows at this point, though I'm sure there are some people high up in Disney who do. To be a fly on that wall...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

And 2009 is just the first time something new might replace it. It does not necessarily mean RoE will be gone in 2009. No one really knows at this point, though I'm sure there are some people high up in Disney who do. To be a fly on that wall...

Is there anymore word on timeframes for the earth barge refurb?

DABIGCHEEZ

We were at BCVs on 8/29 and had a voicemail that EPCOT would be testing some new fireworks after the park closed. And sure enough at about 11:20pm or so it started. I went out on the balcony and watched. It seemed to be different types of fireworks(colors and burst types). It was more like they were testing for timing or somehing because the lasers and music was on as well. It lasted about the same amount of time as the regular show.

CrashNet

Is there anymore word on timeframes for the earth barge refurb?
Steve, the word is as early as next Wednesday and for most of September. With what happened the first time though, I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I see it happen. I'll let you know what happens next week.

EPCOT Explorer

I know exectly what you mean...On the downside you'sd have to look out for a flyswatter LOL.

We were at BCVs on 8/29 and had a voicemail that EPCOT would be testing some new fireworks after the park closed. And sure enough at about 11:20pm or so it started. I went out on the balcony and watched. It seemed to be different types of fireworks(colors and burst types). It was more like they were testing for timing or somehing because the lasers and music was on as well. It lasted about the same amount of time as the regular show.
If what you say is true,the pyro sounds too long just be be a tag for the 1st...Perhaps The SkyDance is already in the works?

culturenthrills

2009 seems like that would be a good time. Steve Davison is currently working on Wonderful World of Color for DCA and Rivers of Light for DAK. So I wouldn't be surprised if he turned his full attention to the ROE replacement after those.

1FoolishMortal

Gosh, I can't imagine Epcot anymore with RoE!! 2009, eh? Well, I guess I've only taped it like 10 times, haha! Does a 10-yr contract really mean anything, though? I mean are there royalties involved to anyone for which Disney is legally bound to no longer do it? If it's just an internal 10-year thing, well... yeah, DL's Fantasmic! was supposed to be updated every 5 years too and we see how often that's happened...

DL's Fantasmic! has been slowly updated (at least technically) over the past few years. More recently, they completely replaced the jungle/princess barges and upgraded them with new LED-lighting (similar to what Dreamlights over in Tokyo uses). Suffice to say, it's MUCH better than what was there before.

pheneix

Steve Davison is currently working on Wonderful World of Color for DCA and Rivers of Light for DAK. So I wouldn't be surprised if he turned his full attention to the ROE replacement after those.

Doubtful that he will be involved with any Illuminations production. He does great work, but this kind of show is not his thing, nor does it need to be.

Illuminations is not about fairy tales and pixie dust!

boo52

Doubtful that he will be involved with any Illuminations production. He does great work, but this kind of show is not his thing, nor does it need to be.

Illuminations is not about fairy tales and pixie dust!

He is the Director of Nightime Entertainment Worldwide. I think he will be involved.

1FoolishMortal

In the past, Don Dorsey generally has a hand in the Epcot nighttime spectaculars. In fact, on his website, under upcoming projects he has "Sky Dance" listed. I'm assuming the next Illuminations is, once again, going to be a Dorsey production.

CSUFSteve

DL's Fantasmic! has been slowly updated (at least technically) over the past few years. More recently, they completely replaced the jungle/princess barges and upgraded them with new LED-lighting (similar to what Dreamlights over in Tokyo uses). Suffice to say, it's MUCH better than what was there before.

Yes, technically you are correct. Sorry, I was referring to the content / scenes vs backstage changes. Technically, TONS of stuff has improved since the show opened. Nice to see "cremora" has survived the 15 years though!! :)

I just realized that the only time I have ever seen it right up against the railing was for the Cast Preview. Wow.

boo52

In the past, Don Dorsey generally has a hand in the Epcot nighttime spectaculars. In fact, on his website, under upcoming projects he has "Sky Dance" listed. I'm assuming the next Illuminations is, once again, going to be a Dorsey production.

Don has been show director on almost all of the Epcot nightime shows. However, if he were show director for the new show, if there will be one, he will still answer to Steven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom