"Epcot Promenade Stucture" removal

HMF

I completely agree. There is nothing wrong with the tarps. There are plenty of other "permanent" structures that should be demolished first.
OK' Let me throw my two cents in. The tarps are part of the Epcot of my childhood. That being said I think (like the wand) their time has come and the sooner the better.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't mind the tarps. If they went I would be happy, but if they stayed I wouldn't go crazy. They're no BAH.

Now the LaL. I hope it dies in a fire.
So you like a obstructed view of SSE?:shrug::rolleyes::lol:
OK' Let me throw my two cents in. The tarps are part of the Epcot of my childhood. That being said I think (like the wand) their time has come and the sooner the better.

:cry: To grow up with this EPCOT is tragic!:lol:

HMF

:cry: To grow up with this EPCOT is tragic!:lol:
If you are talking about the EPCOT of the late 00s yes it is very tragic. EPCOT at the turn of the Millenium however was one of the happiest experiences of my life. I use the term "Childhood" loosely because I was 9 when I first went to WDW.

disneychamp1

I don't mind them, but they do block the view of Spaceship Earth and it's probably time for them to go. What I think should go too is LaL and to me, the worst offender, that mess in front of Test Track...really cheap looking and blocks the wonderful lines of the building.

EPCOT Explorer

If you are talking about the EPCOT of the late 00s yes it is very tragic. EPCOT at the turn of the Millenium however was one of the happiest experiences of my life. I use the term "Childhood" loosely because I was 9 when I first went to WDW.

Yep.:wave:

And yes, EPCOT 2000 was a GREAT moment before the "Wand Era"came in. I loved how it was finally in the center of something that all of WDW was enjoying.:D

HMF

It's just like right before the wand came down. One person said it wasn't and another person said it was

The Conundrum

after removing the tarps and LAL graveyard they can win me back to the park by installing new versions of the energy ride, horizons, and Imagination. Ever since 2000 going to Epcot has become worse and worse to the point where every time I turn around im cringing about something. Too much tackyness, too much lack of heart/effort, too many cartoon tie-ins that were obviously pushed down Epcot's throat by marketing folk (im looking at you michael mendhal)

themoose

they should replace the tarps with solar panels and the twirling light pole things with mini wind turbines. show the people what the future is really going to look like.

HMF

they should replace the tarps with solar panels and the twirling light pole things with mini wind turbines. show the people what the future is really going to look like.
If we are going to show what the future will probably really like if we continue in the direction we are going in we should have monitors showing WALL-E.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom