Epcot mystery project - KP?

devoy1701

*angry Merf*

Well, it's happened again. I'm going to have start posting in cryptic video messages which feature my watermark over every single word I say.

Some "person" from Laughingplace.com is posting my posts from here (including this thread) word for word and pretending it's his own posts.

How rude is that? First peeps say my pics are theirs, now they're taking my whole posts word for word.

Can someone please explain this phenomena to me?

I was just about to ask if you've confronted them about it...then I saw the mild explosion by someone known on that site as mousemerf... :drevil:

I'd be mad too! I think it's funny that the Admin is deleting your posts though... I'm guessing there might have been some colorful language? :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Admin doesn't want to delete the bad-guy's first post, though it obviously violates LP's community standards.

CrashNet

If its posted on a forum, its really fair game. No real way around it. When information gets posted here thats new it always finds its way in some form or another on the other communities within a few hours.

As for the records, as it has been stated previously, they are for the Kim Possible Scavenger Hunt.

leobloom

here's a surprise, morf in a tizzy! and what about? somebody copying his post detailing public documents.

you'd think somebody had "stolen" something important--like a picture of a HM model that he didn't take.

morf, you're an endless source of amusement!

jedimaster1227

*angry Merf*

Well, it's happened again. I'm going to have start posting in cryptic video messages which feature my watermark over every single word I say.

Some "person" from Laughingplace.com is posting my posts from here (including this thread) word for word and pretending it's his own posts.

How rude is that? First peeps say my pics are theirs, now they're taking my whole posts word for word.

Can someone please explain this phenomena to me?

I've had people do the same thing with my podcast footage (twice actually). I basically got tired of it and threatened to end my services, video, photo and all. I said that if the situation happened again, I would stop releasing anything. Thats stopped most of them now...

I would recommend contact the moderator of Laughingplace.com (I've tried before when they took my information as well, but that didn't work too well). If you don't get any help in that department, make a decision on how much you are willing to put up with. While we all appreciate the great updates you give us (I look forward to them for when I get home from school), you must remember that first and foremost, this is your decision, and you must do what you feel is right. Good luck getting rid of this post-stealing troll! :wave:

here's a surprise, morf in a tizzy! and what about? somebody copying his post detailing public documents.

you'd think somebody had "stolen" something important--like a picture of a HM model that he didn't take.

Not appropriate, nor does this add anything to this thread. Please troll somewhere else...

devoy1701

Admin doesn't want to delete the bad-guy's first post, though it obviously violates LP's community standards.

just to let you know....I did some snooping on Halley123. She also took Imayoyo's post on here about the July Injury report. Now granted most of it was just a quote from an article....but not the first line of the thread when Imayoyo mentioned the "idiot" that jumped out of the safari vehicle on Kilimanjaro....

http://mb.laughingplace.com/MsgBoard-T-91631-P-1.asp

AstareGod

If you're really serious about it, claim copyright on the photos (you own them already since you took them) and contact the administrator to demand they remove them. Google 'Cease and Desist" and usually you'll find some sort of template you can edit and send them.

As for the text you post here, that might be governed under different rules (check the Terms of Service for WDWMagic... you might be relinquishing the copyright on the words you use).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A word on theft..

It's not theft to hear about, learn about, etc.. and then discuss or quote and cite. It is theft to take someone else's work and present it as your own.

ImaYoyo

just to let you know....I did some snooping on Halley123. She also took Imayoyo's post on here about the July Injury report. Now granted most of it was just a quote from an article....but not the first line of the thread when Imayoyo mentioned the "idiot" that jumped out of the safari vehicle on Kilimanjaro....

http://mb.laughingplace.com/MsgBoard-T-91631-P-1.asp
How's that quote go? Imitiation is the highest form of flattery? I'm not worried that someone copied my post cut and dry. I'm just here to make sure the info gets to the general public:)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
How's that quote go? Imitiation is the highest form of flattery? I'm not worried that someone copied my post cut and dry. I'm just here to make sure the info gets to the general public:)

Even if that person is presenting not just the information but also your words, opinion, and expertise as their own?

ImaYoyo

Even if that person is presenting not just the information but also your words, opinion, and expertise as their own?
For my posts... that's fine. I can understand for others it not being... my posts have a reason behind them. So for me, no, I'm not worried. I do however feel bad for others that do this sort of thing as a hobby or similar.

But on a side note, I'm also a fan of Karma. She'll get what's coming to her.

Kingdom WDW

I'm beginning to think maybe you're Halley123...

leobloom

A word on theft..

It's not theft to hear about, learn about, etc.. and then discuss or quote and cite. It is theft to take someone else's work and present it as your own.

question, morf: then why did you get so upset when other boards picked up on the HM model picture? at the time, you acted like you had an exclusive copyright on that photo.

leobloom

For my posts... that's fine. I can understand for others it not being... my posts have a reason behind them. So for me, no, I'm not worried. I do however feel bad for others that do this sort of thing as a hobby or similar.

But on a side note, I'm also a fan of Karma. She'll get what's coming to her.

You see, your problem is you don't post looking for public adulation. You're only looking to distribute information. Get your priorities straight!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
question, morf: then why did you get so upset when other boards picked up on the HM model picture? at the time, you acted like you had an exclusive copyright on that photo.

Cuz they were stealing my bandwidth from my photo hosting server.

So let's see.. people have:

1. Used my photos to sell items on eBay and make a profit.

2. Used my photo-hosting bandwidth to promote themselves, which I pay for.

3. Used my words to present information to promote themself, which my time and effort goes into. And btw, my time does have a direct dollar amount equivalent, which i can prove in court.

devoy1701

why do you insist on calling him morf on this and on laughingplace? is it a sign of disrespect?

ImaYoyo

You see, your problem is you don't post looking for public adulation. You're only looking to distribute information. Get your priorities straight!
How many usernames will constitute troll-ship... I'm going with 1... There's a mute button on this site to drown out certain posters, right?

And I kinda like the name morf. It sounds Trekie-ish.

devoy1701

And I did want to point out that at a college or university... you get marked for plagiarism on your perminent record if you put a phrase or something the professor said during a lecture in your paper without citing them.... I'm not talking about his notes, I'm talking about plain words that come out of his mouth that you copied down. Taking someone's post on a public open forum and presenting it word for word as your own is the exact same thing...

ImaYoyo

One solution would be for someone to create a laughingplace.com username for us to use (I used to have one... can't remember what it was) and post links to our older posts... maybe we should start signing the date and time to everything we do...

imayoyo 10/31 15:03 :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The good news is that "leemac" over there just agreed to let me repost all of his information over here but to present it as my own.

Whoo hoo! He's got lots of juicy stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom