Epcot mystery project - KP?

EPCOT Explorer

uklad79

Didn't Martin take some pictures of some Kiosks waiting to be fitted out while he was their? I think he added a comment about it looking like some work had been done for something coming soon?

EpcotServo

Kimmy may be cool,but not for EPCOT.:(

What ever happened to that retro attitude we has a few weeks ago?:lookaroun

That's what I first thought, but after trying it out a few times, I think it works. Because when you're walking around world Showcase, unless you're doing it, you can't see anything unusual. As long as it's confined to Innoventions, and hidden in World Showcase, It's fine with me.

yoyoflamingo

When I went to WDW in August, the Imagineer I dined with at the Brown Derby confirmed Kim Possible was coming to EPCOT permanently. As Jerm already said, I 'm will to bet these are for the KP interactive experience.

Zip-D-Dude

Sorry guys, just don't buy it. Looking at these people's website, they do show control. Not kiosks. SCAV would be Show Control Audio Visual? Show Case Audio Visual? Nothing they do would indicate a kiosk. The fifth Permit was for a kiosk from a seperate company. They very well could be associated with Kim possible scavenger hunts, but the electronics for that are already in place. No need for additional permits.

Just speculating:drevil:

Rob562

Mostly unrelated but this thread made me think of it:
Where were the WorldKey Information Kiosks located in WS and how many were there? I seem to remember only 2, but at any rate their location might be close to the locations of these new kiosks.

There were three satellite locations. One was across the walkway from the Germany restrooms (which for a time was the location of an ATM, not sure what it is now. I think there's a glass artist in that area, possibly the same structure). There was one near the Port of Entry shop at World Showcase Plaza (though I can never remember which store is which), and the third was on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase across from the kid's play fountain. I believe the structure is used as a small retail location.

As for the permits, if Merf's locations are correct of Germany, AA, France and the UK, that covers four out of the six locations of the Illuminations spotlights. (Norway and the pair on Innoventions are the other locations) Perhaps some part of their control or lift systems are being replaced?

Another possibility is additional lighting or other effects to add to Reflections of Earth during the still-rumored refurb of the Earth globe...

-Rob

EpcotServo

They very well could be associated with Kim possible scavenger hunts, but the electronics for that are already in place. No need for additional permits.

Just speculating:drevil:

Nope, they aren't. They were made-to-travel, and they all up and left with WDI R&D. The gargoyle in France was here for a bit longer than the rest, but it left just a little while ago.

Mr.EPCOT

There were three satellite locations. One was across the walkway from the Germany restrooms (which for a time was the location of an ATM, not sure what it is now. I think there's a glass artist in that area, possibly the same structure). There was one near the Port of Entry shop at World Showcase Plaza (though I can never remember which store is which), and the third was on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase across from the kid's play fountain. I believe the structure is used as a small retail location.

I think the one on the Future World/World Showcase bridge was where that random awning is at the start of the bridge to Odyssey. And I could swear that there was a WorldKey satellite in the main entrance plaza, and one added when International Gateway opened.

Zip-D-Dude

Nope, they aren't. They were made-to-travel, and they all up and left with WDI R&D. The gargoyle in France was here for a bit longer than the rest, but it left just a little while ago.

I stand corrected, but the whole Kim Possible thing doesnt ring with the type of work these guys already do. Were these the guys that developed and tested the Kim Possible technology?

Magicot

I really wonder how much longer Kim Possible's popularity will last. Apparently the show was cancelled in September of this year. With potential declining interest, why are they supposedly bringing her to Epcot? Can't they just create a new character exclusive to Epcot??

EpcotServo

I stand corrected, but the whole Kim Possible thing doesnt ring with the type of work these guys already do. Were these the guys that developed and tested the Kim Possible technology?

Yea. The Kim Possible game was devolped as a test of a brand new way to interact with the parks. It was just a test, but the Kim Possible storyline and the technolgy tested was SO popular, it's supposed to be returning as a full-blown thing that is more than just a test.

Brian Noble

Well, if by "cancelled" you mean "ended after the 'extra' fourth season that Disney had not originally planned for, but decided to order after the huge response to the end of the third season," well, then yes it was cancelled.

;)

jedimaster1227

All I want to know is when it goes live....I'm itching to get another super-cool WDI phone to play with! WDI R&D is the best....heh heh!

:D

Don't look too far into the phone-technology... It was a java-based app utilizing Nextel/Motorola's mobile phone software and GPS capability. While it worked well during the test, it wasn't anything absolutely amazing. The only thing that was unique in the software/programming was the networking ability during the trivia/quiz questions (when you could request answers from other players).

It is for KP.

Yes. The King and Court scene in the UK pavilion was recently reinstalled (and set on B Mode- where it moves like a normal scene, not reacting to any outside items, with A Mode [the reactive one] being saved for dates when the challenge will take place) with the toy soldier and gargoyle scenes to be added next.

Yea. The Kim Possible game was devolped as a test of a brand new way to interact with the parks. It was just a test, but the Kim Possible storyline and the technolgy tested was SO popular, it's supposed to be returning as a full-blown thing that is more than just a test.

I'm pretty sure they will have a limited amount of users per time, setting the activity to be shorter with a more circular motion around the World Showcase, saving time during they activity. From my recent understanding of the upgrades given to the existing software base, players in the challenge will be "rewarded" with virtual attraction fastpasses in certain locations. See the connection with the recently filed patents for mobile networking/fastpass options? The surveys for the previous test proved that users took time to ride and experience the attractions of the World Showcase, slowing their progress in the challenge (some even going over the amount of time allotted). In response to this, WDI needed to come up with a way to speed up players' movements around the lagoon without truly limiting their ability to experience the park. From what I have been shown and told so far on the newest version of the game, they have solved this (the single most negative product of the test) by utilizing the early test product of their virtual fastpass system. Essentially, this new system for queuing will be tested through the Team Possible Challenge.

EpcotServo

I'm pretty sure they will have a limited amount of users per time, setting the activity to be shorter with a more circular motion around the World Showcase, saving time during they activity. From my recent understanding of the upgrades given to the existing software base, players in the challenge will be "rewarded" with virtual attraction fastpasses in certain locations. See the connection with the recently filed patents for mobile networking/fastpass options? The surveys for the previous test proved that users took time to ride and experience the attractions of the World Showcase, slowing their progress in the challenge (some even going over the amount of time allotted). In response to this, WDI needed to come up with a way to speed up players' movements around the lagoon without truly limiting their ability to experience the park. From what I have been shown and told so far on the newest version of the game, they have solved this (the single most negative product of the test) by utilizing the early test product of their virtual fastpass system. Essentially, this new system for queuing will be tested through the Team Possible Challenge.

Ahhh....sounds interesting! What I meant to get across was that instead of it being an under-the-radar thing you had to know or be asked about, it will now be something everybody knows about, and is here forever.

Don't quite get just how the Fastpass thing will work. I mean, Fastpasses for World Showcase shows and rides? The only rides that would be anything worthwhile are way over in Future World.

Hmmmm....should be interesting. Any rumors on when it will go live?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*angry Merf*

Well, it's happened again. I'm going to have start posting in cryptic video messages which feature my watermark over every single word I say.

Some "person" from Laughingplace.com is posting my posts from here (including this thread) word for word and pretending it's his own posts.

How rude is that? First peeps say my pics are theirs, now they're taking my whole posts word for word.

Can someone please explain this phenomena to me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom