Epcot mystery project - KP?

ImaYoyo

:lookaroun
The good news is that "leemac" over there just agreed to let me repost all of his information over here but to present it as my own.

Whoo hoo! He's got lots of juicy stuff.
Lol... while you're at it, you should take TDL Fan's Quality walks too... That'd be merftastical...

EpcotServo

A word on theft..

It's not theft to hear about, learn about, etc.. and then discuss or quote and cite. It is theft to take someone else's work and present it as your own.

Hey Merf...just promise me you won't do one of those silly "stealing movies" ads that they play before a movie that they make look so "extreme". I hate those things!

:lol:

EpcotServo

I edited it. I had to watch the ad to get it right. It makes me feel guilty every time I go on uTorrent...

Have you seen the new episode of The Boondocks on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, where they go to the movies? They do a killer parody of it!

So I checked out the thread over at LP, and have to say, that's pretty crazy.

I know a FourmWar is coming.

Because in the end...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!
:D

Scar Junior

Sorry about the pests Merf. It's a shame that some people are this pathetic. You provide such great info and pics for us... I trust that they'll get what's coming to them.

Kingdom WDW

Have you seen the new episode of The Boondocks on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, where they go to the movies? They do a killer parody of it!

Is that the one where it says "You wouldn't steal a liver,"? I don't watch Cartoon Network.

I think I found my Laughing Place...:lookaroun

CrashNet

More like "You wouldn't steal a purse...you wouldn't steal a TV...so why would you steal Merf's pictures?"

Actually, it would be more like "You wouldn't steal a purse...you wouldn't steal a TV...so why would you steal words on a public message board regarding public information that everyone already has access to simply because you put it up."

Honestly, if its that big of a problem that someone else is posting your exact words, I would seriously consider not posting anything on the internet ever again. That's pretty much what the entire world wide web is based on. Had original information not based on public info been posted, such as a story, an article, or a review, this would make a lot more sense.

EpcotServo

Actually, it would be more like "You wouldn't steal a purse...you wouldn't steal a TV...so why would you steal words on a public message board regarding public information that everyone already has access to simply because you put it up."

Ohhh...snap!

CBOMB

*angry Merf*

Well, it's happened again. I'm going to have start posting in cryptic video messages which feature my watermark over every single word I say.

Some "person" from Laughingplace.com is posting my posts from here (including this thread) word for word and pretending it's his own posts.

How rude is that? First peeps say my pics are theirs, now they're taking my whole posts word for word.

Can someone please explain this phenomena to me?
That's true, a new poster on laughingplace.com did use your exact words, and did not give you credit. If it upsets you that much I suggest you contact a copyright lawyer, and take this person to court. Good Luck! I sure would like to know why so many of your post in that thread received an admin. Do you really think people will take you seriously when that happens. I do agree with you though, the other person was clearly in the wrong.
The good news is that "leemac" over there just agreed to let me repost all of his information over here but to present it as my own.

Whoo hoo! He's got lots of juicy stuff.
leemac has some of the best information on Disney that you can fine. Yes he did say you could steal his stuff if that's what you wanted to do. I guess that would make you just like the person who ripped off your words. You would at least have his permission, but you would still be presenting the information as your own. I consider that to be unethical, I posted that over on laughingplace.com about the person who used this thread over there with out giving you credit.
You might also want to steal Spirit of 1974's stuff, he is a treasure trove of knowledge. He's the one who broke the story about the WAND coming down. There are a lot of people over there with a wealth of knowledge. Laughingplace.com is also run by a very knowledgeable person, and Doobie is one of the fairest people around when it comes to web sites.
One solution would be for someone to create a laughingplace.com username for us to use (I used to have one... can't remember what it was) and post links to our older posts... maybe we should start signing the date and time to everything we do...

imayoyo 10/31 15:03 :D
You already do, that's how I was able to find this thread. Why bother as you said earlier you are not looking for accolades with each, and every post you make. You are only interested in supply information to folks. I've read numerous excellet post that you've made. Not once did I ever think you were looking for praise or to have other members feed your ego. That would be unlike some other posters.

A Forum War? I don't know why you would feel that. Maybe you could clarify that for me. I did like your reference to the Highlander though.

Honestly, if its that big of a problem that someone else is posting your exact words, I would seriously consider not posting anything on the internet ever again. That's pretty much what the entire world wide web is based on. Had original information not based on public info been posted, such as a story, an article, or a review, this would make a lot more sense.
What a very reasonable post. I congradulate you for getting to the bottom line of this episode. If anybody thinks their knowledge is so sacraed they should not post it in an open forum. If you are offended by somebody using a quote by you, confront that person in a civilzed manner. Don't make a fool of yourself by trying to go on a Holly Crusade in Disney forums. It's just not very becoming of an adult.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't think a "forum war" is appropriate nor would prove anything.

Let's just stand the high ground and let the unethical destroy there own credibility !

ImaYoyo

Just so everyone is clear, the "Forum War" and other such comments were all sarcasm... it's a WDW Fan Forum... who the hell cares?!?!?!? I hope no one is THAT serious about this stuff. It's all in good fun.

The Mom

Premium Member
You've all said your piece; plagarism should not be tolerated (and if it is brought to my attention, I will delete it) but talking about issues with other WDW fansites is discouraged here. If you have a problem with another site, please let the administrator at the other site handle it, and then leave it there. If you are unhappy with ANY website, just stop visiting it.

Thank-you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom