Epcot Monorail Being Evacuated

peachykeen

Original Poster
Sounds like a lightning strike.

http://m.wesh.com/news/disney-world-monorail-evacuated-passengers-report-lightning-strike/26937720

If anyone is wondering why the Monorail couldn't be towed, it has stopped in the exact worst location, directly on switchbeam 9. That is the switchbeam that would be used to get the tractor out onto the beam from the spur that was built specifically to tow Epcot trains. If I'm seeing the picture correctly, the tractor is sitting directly next to the cab. Ironic.

Last edited:

Metilinos

""Literally stuck on a monorail at Disney, lighting struck and we immediately stopped. I'm convinced that I'm going to die," said Twitter user @nnaaatttalliiie at 6:07 p.m.""

:hilarious:

I love how over dramatic people are. C'mon. Like Disney's gonna shrug it off and go "eh, count your losses, we'll start fresh tomorrow".

mousehockey37

""Literally stuck on a monorail at Disney, lighting struck and we immediately stopped. I'm convinced that I'm going to die," said Twitter user @nnaaatttalliiie at 6:07 p.m.""

I love how over dramatic people are. C'mon. Like Disney's gonna shrug it off and go "eh, count your losses, we'll start fresh tomorrow".

I know, like really... c'mon, they'll give them all a free Mickey Bar!!!!! Maybe even an extra Free Fastpass for tomorrow!

Metilinos

If I was convinced I was going to die you can be damned sure I'm going to spend my last moments tweeting it......I might start a thread here to say goodbye though.

Well, jumping on Twitter might be second to me blogging about my impending death on Tumblr but, I don't think in said scenario I would feel like I was gonna die. The monorail just stopped. What could have possibly happened once it stopped?!

mousehockey37

Well, jumping on Twitter might be second to me blogging about my impending death on Tumblr but, I don't think in said scenario I would feel like I was gonna die. The monorail just stopped. What could have possibly happened once it stopped?!

Velociraptors... maybe a T-Rex... there weren't any goats nearby were there? :eek:

Lucky it wasn't Pirates, all the tourists would've been eaten by now... :eek:

Metilinos

That is the ONE ride I would NOT want to be evac'd from...

My guess is it's probably one of the easier evacs.. Grab a ladder or a cherry picker. Maybe one of those slides from airplanes. Imagine if you got stuck on like Space Mountain or on the loop at Rock'n Rollercoaster?

mousehockey37

Don't worry, in about a week or so, we'll get a one post wonder that totally bashes WDW and the way this all went down with the monorail tonight. Ya know, like our friend that was on here a few months ago with THE MOST AWFUL TRIP REPORT EVER... even though she knew of all the changes with FP+ and stuff, you guys know who I'm talking about... LOL

Metilinos

Hey you know what? Stuff happens (editing my language for everyone :3)

Get over it and call it a day. The people who complain and bash it are usually the ones who feel the world owes them for the slight inconvenience they encountered. Everyone was safe, correct? So no harm no foul.

mousehockey37

Hey you know what? Stuff happens (editing my language for everyone :3)

Get over it and call it a day. The people who complain and bash it are usually the ones who feel the world owes them for the slight inconvenience they encountered. Everyone was safe, correct? So no harm no foul.

I already made that post way back about people complaining and Mickey Bars and such.. lol..

I can just see it now.... My trip was RUINED because of being stuck on the monorail... Disney owes me 20x what I paid for vacation, a free cruise, Anna and Elsa privately coming to my home and Sam Eagles GLORIOUS 3 1/2 hour fireworks finale... not to mention the free neverending fastpass as well as 2 mickey bars.

Oh the humanity!!!!

Metilinos

Just think of the odds of being struck by lightning, the. The odds of being on a monorail in disney and have it be struck by lightning.

natatomic

Don't worry, in about a week or so, we'll get a one post wonder that totally bashes WDW and the way this all went down with the monorail tonight. Ya know, like our friend that was on here a few months ago with THE MOST AWFUL TRIP REPORT EVER... even though she knew of all the changes with FP+ and stuff, you guys know who I'm talking about... LOL

I wish I DID know who you were talking about! My drama llama is hungry!

Also, from the wesh.com photo, it looks like they're gonna evacuate from the hatches. Luckies! That would be so cool!

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

You should've seen the "survivors" Facebook page from the Fantasy cruise that caught a bit of rough seas getting back to Port Canaveral behind Hurricane Sandy. A WDWMagic'er was on that sailing and she said "eh, it was a little rough". But the "survivors" aren't convinced yet that Disney wasn't trying to kill them. Cracks. Me. Up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom