Epcot Monorail Being Evacuated

Rob562

they need trackside walkways like on hogwarts express

So with only a handful of evacs in the 43 years the monorail has been in operation (and specialized equipment to handle such evacs), you'd have the visual eyesore of a walkway next to the beam the entire length?

-Rob

Glasgow

If the monorails had screens instead of windows you'd be able to simulate a nice sunny day instead of a breakdown and no one would've known the difference while they were fixing it.

Rob562

las vegas and other monorail systems use them

I believe the Vegas monorail is a double beamway the entire route, so the walkway can be hidden in the middle. There are many sections of the WDW monorail, the Epcot spur especially, where you have a single beam that would require a walkway sticking out the side.

The Vegas beams were also designed and built with the center walkway in mind. The two beams are separated by enough distance to fit the walkway. The WDW beams are not. There may also be an issue with adding that much more permanent weight to the pylons.

To add a center walkway would require a complete rebuild of the WDW beams, or possibly stand-alone support structures for walkways along the outside.

-Rob

dstrawn9889

It is impossible for a roller coaster to be stuck in the middle of a loop unless acted upon by an outside force
like friction, uneven weight distribution, wind resistance, ........ but i agree, short of a derailment e-brake the likelihood of the train coming to a complete stop and balanced in the loop is like 2^2,079,460,347 to one against.(check that obscure movie reference)

Last edited:

ABQ

like friction, uneven weight distribution, wind resistance, ........ but i agree, short of a derailment e-brake the likelihood of the train coming to a complete stop and balanced in the loop is like 22,079,460,347 to one against.(check that obscure movie reference)
free-vector-don-t-panic-clip-art_103946_Dont_Panic_clip_art_hight.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom