Epcot International Festival of the Arts coming in January 2017

tribbleorlfl

I must say, this doesn't seem quite as half-baked and shoehorned-in as I was expecting it to be. There are experiences I actually want to participate in.

That being said, the heavy focus on "abstract" and "deconstructed" on a lot of the menu items, as well as many of the ingredients themselves, remind me a lot of the industry trends in the late 90's.

Bolt

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to walk up and find a seat. By sending an email for 'reserved seating' I imagine it's like getting a FastPass for Mickeys PhilharMagic, it makes you feel you need to go.

hpyhnt 1000

I don't think you are giving the festivals a fair appraisal. My problem is more that these festivals pad numbers while the rest of the park decays. Festivals at a permanent world's fair seem pretty appropriate to me. It would just be customary to also update your exhibition halls (pavilions, in Epcot's case). I actually think this festival has some novel entertainment and food that differs from the other three events in the park.

Bingo! I agree the whole festival concept works perfectly at Epcot and I have zero problems with them being there (though it'd be nice to have less focus on food and booze). And I think this new one has potential. But when they become the raison d'etre for the park's existence? That's when you've gone too far.

The festivals should be a nice "extra" that enhances your time at Epcot. Unfortunately, in recent years they've basically become the ONLY reason you would go to Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom