Epcot International Festival of the Arts coming in January 2017

Little Green Men

Too bad I'm sure they aren't a snack credit but these are definitely on my try list!
IMG_0340.JPG

They're very good! Definitely try them!

I am Timmy

Each to their own.

The shacks are a blight on the landscape.

We avoid F&W like the plague. We were gutted this year when the start was brought forward even earlier. We only saw RoE twice as opposed to the half dozen plus times of previous years. And one of those we arranged so we didn't have to be in the mob.

And not opinion but fact, the festivals prop up the parks bottom line. They're a band aid to fix years of neglect.
My family and I have been to F&W a few times, and purposely skipped the park last year because of it. Even during the week , it was a party atmosphere with small children in tow. Crowded and full of drunk people, I didn't want to believe the festival had devolved, but it had. At least on every occasion we were there.

I am Timmy

The average person who visits WDW comes for one week every few years. Most big fans come for one week yearly. Who cares if there are special events year-round? It's nice to feel like something special is happening when you visit. Better than a crappy marketing campaign "celebration" about taking pictures.
My family especially enjoys the F&G. All the spring flowers are beautiful, the topiaries amazing, and the experts on hand to answer all my children's questions about bonzai growth and maintenance = priceless. I can't tell you how many bonzais (sp?) they have lovingly killed over the years trying to master the art. The point here is, they learned something that stuck with them, and they still try to this day.

I am Timmy

Performers announced (via Travel Agent email):

dtnemail-jnd91313-b2be8.jpg

In collaboration with Disney Theatrical Productions, this new festival brings an exciting new showcase of favorite music and Broadway talent to the America Gardens Theatre stage. Throughout the six weekends of the festival, different pairings of phenomenal Broadway artists will perform songs from some of Disney on Broadway’s award winning shows.

We’re excited to share the lineup of performers for this brand new series:

• Jan. 13-16 and 20-23: Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland performing songs from: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid
  • Jan. 27-30 and Feb. 3-6: Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey performing songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Newsies and Aladdin
  • Feb. 10-13 and 17-20: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White performing songs from Disney’s The Lion King, Aida, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid
Performances will be at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Friday through Monday of each festival weekend.

And, as we’ve previously shared, you can book your Clients for a meal and performance combo. The dining package includes a three-course meal or full buffet at participating Epcot restaurants and priority seating at the 8 p.m. concert. Prices range from $39-$69+ tax for adults, $23-$41+tax for children. This event is non-commissionable. Book one of these select experiences for your Clients today by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Also during the Festival, Future World Plaza will be filled with a variety of other visual and live performances including Epcot Living Statues, performances by Central Florida high schools and acclaimed university and college talent appearing through a partnership with Disney Performing Arts. Plus, Epcot’s American Music Machine will perform on the Future World Fountain Stage.

The festival runs Fridays through Mondays starting Jan. 13–Feb. 20, 2017.
Thanks for this! This sounds lovely, I always enjoy hearing people sing Disney songs from the movies. Wish I could go!

danv3

It took a long time for each food item to be plated and served because each dish is so fancy. Lines for food could be epic on Saturdays and Sundays. Everything I ate tasted good though.

COProgressFan

This Herb Ryman Epcot print is awesome. Is it for sale at the festival?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...-international-festival-of-the-arts/29429.htm

Was wondering the same thing! I would love full size prints of the Ryman artwork. Hoping someone can chime in if it's an item for sale.

EDIT: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...for-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/

This link indicates the poster will be for sale and that select items will be appearing on the Shop Disney Parks app next week.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom