Epcot in need of another country?

juscet

I think I heard that the actual country would have to fork over a certain amount of money to sponsor their country in the World Showcase. Every few years I read about a possible new country coming, but obviously it does not come to fruition. Plus with the world economy the way it is, I would guess that this expense would be hard to justify. Personally, I think a country from Africa (the outpost doesn't count) should be represented.

rkelly42

I would go with Brazil. I have been to brazillian restaurants and they are great with great food and atmosphere and also they could add an amazon rainforest kind of ride. Maybe even a great Anaconda style rollercoaster(I know that name is already taken i think at busch gardens).

Jaytrod

egypt would be amazing esp in illumiNations.!!!

That would be cool! However Im not sure what the food is like there ??.. The could make Australia and have a tea cup like ride that looks like boomerangs and put in an Outback lol. Fosters giant beer would be a nice addition to drinking around the world as well hehe.

hpyhnt 1000

For a new pavilion, my vote goes for Brazil, just becuse its so unique in terms of location AND culture, and it would finally give South America some representation in WS.

Also, an India pavilion would be stunning IMHO.

brubuc

If the new Hilton is seen behind Italy, I wouldn't be surprised if something is done to hide it from the WS. Perhaps a Coliseum façade... ?

EPCOT Explorer

I think Mr. Smith posted this several weeks ago in a similar thread...

3202495272_9bb4cf6c36.jpg

Empty WS Plots.:D Amazing, eh?

KingStefan

I think I heard that the actual country would have to fork over a certain amount of money to sponsor their country in the World Showcase. Every few years I read about a possible new country coming, but obviously it does not come to fruition. Plus with the world economy the way it is, I would guess that this expense would be hard to justify. Personally, I think a country from Africa (the outpost doesn't count) should be represented.

I guess Morocco doesn't count either?

wolf359

Add me to the list of those that would rather see the existing pavilions plussed more over all new countries being added. I think Germany, Japan, and Italy immediately come to mind as pavilions I don't visit that often for that long because of the lack of anything to do there. Adding MORE pavilions without addressing the issues of the existing ones will only make the disparity even more obvious.

Uncle Lupe

It's just very difficult to add a new country. With all the red tape it's easier to join NATO.

I vote for Petoria! :ROFLOL:

matt88mph

Personally, I'd love to see a pavillion that represents the great nation of Fraggle Rock.

But in all seriousness, something (and I'm stopping just short at saying anything) needs to be done in World Showcase. It's starting to get boring and the crowds that I see back there when I go are starting to show it. I never have to wait for Maelstrom anymore, and the shows I see are playing to half capacity or less. The only time I ever see it moderately crowded is around dinnertime and for Illuminations. Maybe this Kim Possible program that they're running now will help pick up interest, but I can't see much past young preteens and their families.

Personally, I think both renovation and new pavillions would be a good idea to boost crowds. The E-ticket in Japan that's been tossed about for years could be the best part of a solution, plus more rides in the relatively empty pavillions (I'm looking at you, Equitorial Africa). Then they should start thinking about new pavillions: Russia, Spain, Australia, Brazil, Greece, and Israel have all been tossed around since Epcot opened. Any one of them could bring in more people (though I wouldn't recommend using Israel for a while. There's just too much controversy there) and would be able to keep people in Epcot for a full day.

(Though in all honesty, I'm a Future World boy myself.)

DisneyPrincess5

Egypt!

Egypt would be a cool edition to the World Showcase.
They could make the building a pyramid or a sphinx. As for an attraction, they can either go the traditional route and have some sort of movie or relaxing ride (a la Mexico's Gran Fiesta Tour) showing the history and architecture of Egypt, or they can so some sort fast paced ride through Egypt that involves history and architecture as well. Something with King Tut's tomb maybe? Cleopatra? Camels?
I love the world showcase, but even I'll admit, it needs a little something new and exciting. :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Do you think Epcot is in need of another country in World Showcase?

A few recommendations I could think of would be Australia, New Zealand, maybe a South American Country. I would like to see a new country just for the new foods, gift shops and possible attraction....

Any ideas/news/thoughts/etc...?
:wave:

I'd actually like to see Australia added to AK - animals - a fun ride - etc. As for another country in Epcot, I would add like Greece, Russia, or Chili and make the Trading Post into Jamaica or Bahamas.

Roxas

My ideas for rides:

Egypt: Nile Rive Cruise

Similar to the El rio de Tiempo ride in Mexico a cruise down the river nile showing the rich history of Egypt. Including AA's and models of the Pyramids and Sphinx.

Australia:

Soarin' Style ride with stunning flights over the australian plains, Sydney and melbourne, ending at Uluru. The music is the theme from the Rescuers Down under.

the-reason14

I rather see them add a ride to an existing pavilion than add a new country with just shops and a restuarant with a possible circle vision movie. Id much rather see a new boat ride or even a roller coaster added to a WS country.

Yankeeplex

If a new country is to be considered, the one obvious point has to be food that is both exotic and intriguing. Not to mention something about the culture that would lend itself to having people actually being interested in the background story. This pretty much eliminates Australia and much of Asia. Maybe something from Spain or Portugal. They could have tapas as food and they have a rich history. Because of Le Cellier, it would be tough to have another steak house, such as Brazil or Argentina, which are very beef centric. Just some of my random thoughts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom