Epcot in need of another country?

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Do you think Epcot is in need of another country in World Showcase?

A few recommendations I could think of would be Australia, New Zealand, maybe a South American Country. I would like to see a new country just for the new foods, gift shops and possible attraction....

Any ideas/news/thoughts/etc...?
:wave:

Auroragirl

Original Poster
21 years ago?!?!?! :veryconfu Had no idea.

:shrug: Any one know what they haven't tried in putting a new country in WS?

EPCOT Explorer

21 years ago?!?!?! :veryconfu Had no idea.

:shrug: Any one know what they haven't tried in putting a new country in WS?
They have the room and the plans. Various new Pavilions have been drawn up and even "announced" as coming soon.

Do a search for "World Showcase Expansion" here or even on google. You are bound to find a slew of information.;):wave:
Because they're cheap. End of story.

That too!:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Needs another country? In all honesty no. The area is, in all actuality, doing fine as it is (which is why nothing has been done to it for 20+ years now).

In order to plus WS and Epcot however, yes another pavilion would be lovely. However, at this point, I'd be happy with a new attraction going into one of the existing pavilions (i.e. Italy, Germany, etc.). That would help liven the area up again. :)

Animaniac93-98

Freedonia could be added. :shrug:

But pulsing, like building Maelstrom as originally intended or lengthening it, or adding new shows/rides would be nice. Just keep the Disney characters out (unless it's Bernard and Bianca or Mr. Toad in U.K.).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Russia, we could do with a vodka stall, and an attraction based on the dramas that made up Russian history, with a bit of organised crime and eco disaster thrown in.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Sure they have the room, but exactly WHERE would it go? There doesn't really seem to be the space around the path for a new country to get a respectable front facade like the other countries.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Sure they have the room, but exactly WHERE would it go? There doesn't really seem to be the space around the path for a new country to get a respectable front facade like the other countries.

Im sure theres a few images around with the plots clearly marked, next ti germany springs to mind

bgraham34

I don't know if they need a new country. Would I love to see one, most definitely. What they really need is new rides in the existing countries. I would not be surprised if Dubai wanted to go into there though.

epcotWSC

Russia is my #1 choice or possibly Spain or Belgium. Although South America isn't represented at all (Mexico is part of North America). Possibly Brazil or Argentina would be cool too.

The thing is, you want a culture that's different than what you currently have. The South American countries all have similar cultures (with that Native mixed with Spanish flavor, although Brazil is a bit different). So it's hard to really add a new one when you have Mexico. Spain is very similar to France, Italy, and in some ways Mexico. Belgium is kind of similar to Germany. That's why I go with Russia. Plus Vodka galore, lol.

Figment632

I was told on the seven hour tour which name escapes me at the moment that there is room for up to 7 more countries. I don't know about that but after looking closely I'd say there is room for at least 5 new countries.

WishingOnAStar

I think India would be a nice addition. They could model the look off of Slumdog Millionaire and have starving children beg everyone for money as they pass through. Kinda like a despressing IASW

Or maybe Iraq, that would be interesting

Or instead of a country what about the Island from Lost? That would be really cool.

But seriously, I think Australia would be the best option

wvdisneyfamily

I would like to see another country. Greece would be great. However, I have to agree with those that say we don't need another country. What we need is to further develop those that we have.

lpet11984

I'd love to see a new country or two in WS. Russia would be very cool, as would Australia, Greece, Thailand, or Brazil. Unfortunately every time I think of Brazil, I think of the huge teen tour groups, but I can put that negativity aside for a new pavilion. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom