Epcot / Germany River Ride

Elonwy

Just a note for all my Canadian friends on the boards and for those of you who sympathize with Canada being represented by a lumberjack costume...

Please don't get rid of the lumberjack costume!!!! Embrace the Lumberjackness of the pavilion. Here's why...in pretty much every other pavilion the costumes are made of layers and layers of clothing...we're talking tights, skirts (over more layers or skirts) aprons, blouses, vests, jackets, ties or scarves, hats and bonnets and in Canada...shorts and a thin button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

true, there are boots, but hey you could drop something on your toe and be fine! The inside workers wear pants or culottes but still...bare legs for the girls, not layers of pantyhose in the middle of August.

It's a great costume...shhhhh...don't tell anyone though or they'll make it more fancy and drown all the Canadians in layers of polyester :zipit:

maryszhi

this sounds also like something disney wanted to do for italy. they actually got the boats, but ran out of money since epcot was costing alot more then they thought. they scrapped it and the boats are tied up along the italian pavilion. i hope they continue the idea.
i think germany could have very well been another one.
i hope they open another thrill ride, and a gondola ride threw italy...how loverly. i also wish they would open an irish pavillion that would have irish dancers and stuff so i could work there while doing something i love, irish dancing

scottnj1966

this sounds also like something disney wanted to do for italy. they actually got the boats, but ran out of money since epcot was costing alot more then they thought. they scrapped it and the boats are tied up along the italian pavilion. i hope they continue the idea.
i think germany could have very well been another one.
i hope they open another thrill ride, and a gondola ride threw italy...how loverly. i also wish they would open an irish pavillion that would have irish dancers and stuff so i could work there while doing something i love, irish dancing

If never seen any plans for Italy having a ride attached to it. Do you have any scans or pics of a model? There has only been that one boat for a very long time.

It sure would have been nice to have a boat ride like they do in Vegas at one of the resorts there.

Fun2BFree

i also wish they would open an irish pavillion that would have irish dancers and stuff so i could work there while doing something i love, irish dancing

What does an Irish pavilion have to offer that is so unique compared to the UK pavilion? Architecture and culture are largely similar, and there isn't any special cuisine of note, whereas Russia, Greece, Australia, Egypt and Brazil are practically begging for a pavilion.

JCorduroy

What does an Irish pavilion have to offer that is so unique compared to the UK pavilion? Architecture and culture are largely similar, and there isn't any special cuisine of note, whereas Russia, Greece, Australia, Egypt and Brazil are practically begging for a pavilion.

Well, I'll counter that with a Greece/Italy pavilion are as similar as Ireland and the UK. ;) (Kidding...kidding.) I'd actually probably kill someone to have a Parthenon ruins attraction and something detailing the Greek Gods.

Seriously though, I see your point with regards to the Irish pavilion. As someone proud of my Irish ancestry, even I don't see the need for a pavilion dedicated to Ireland.

I do question a Brazil pavilion though, simply because I don't know much about the country or culture (anyone care to educate me?).

tare

brother bear???

what is the brother bear ride at canada that was mentioned????are they going to build it soon???

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
what is the brother bear ride at canada that was mentioned????are they going to build it soon???
Nooooo.... it`s a rumour based on a Canadian Mountain rapids ride that has been floating (no pun intended) around since before Soarin' was built.

Fun2BFree

Seriously though, I see your point with regards to the Irish pavilion. As someone proud of my Irish ancestry, even I don't see the need for a pavilion dedicated to Ireland.

I do question a Brazil pavilion though, simply because I don't know much about the country or culture (anyone care to educate me?).

Reasons why Brazil should be a WS pavilion:

800px-Amazon_Forest.jpg

CorcovadofotoRJ.jpg

800px-Brazilian_Carnival.jpg

And as for my living in Northern Ireland, I'm not terribly proud. :shrug:

wickedfan07

I'd love to see Greece, Brazil and Egypt join World Showcase. I know this one has bounced around since the park opened, but what about Spain? Another one I thought of was Belgium, but that might be too similar to France for it tomake sense (like the UK/Ireland argument).

I'd also love for Italy to get an attraction. The gondola ride sounds cool, whether or not it was ever on the table. Every pavilion should have an attraction, but they can't all be the same. There are already two boat rides in WS, adding many more boat rides, though they are wonderful attractions, would be getting redundant.

Figment1986

Their should be a panama pavilion...

then have an attraction based on the panama canal and rainforest...

I'm semi-serious, that was a fun trip on the disney magic.

When you think of Brazil, think Carnivale (ala party and fiesta). It's a fun, lively atmosphere. Think Portuguese dialect (Portugal being another country not represented in WS) with sexy Latin dances (tango, rumba, samba, paso doble, cha cha, etc). Heck, they could even tie Dancing With the Stars into that pavilion. lol

maryszhi

Don't forget drinking your way around the world! :sohappy: That's how I experienced my first sparkling red, introduced a friend to cold sake, and saw my first bottle of champagne sabored. And seriously, everyone should have a margarita with them when they travel down El Rio del Tiempo.
my dad tried that, only got through four countries. :)
My friends sister whose in her twenties did it. we has to help her back to the hotel, and help her through a really bad hang over

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom