Epcot France rumor?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
The moment a pixar-themed ride goes into that pavilion is the moment I've truly lost hope for World Showcase forever.

Does that mean you have hope for it now? The recent changes have all been food-related. Not that I mind, because I love food, but I think there's room for more, just so long as they keep it balanced.

baymenxpac

It's not exactly a rumor, but Screamscape reported [...]

::stops reading::

i don't like to dismiss anything immediately before insiders chime in, but screamscape essentially just aggregates rumors (both legitimate stuff and fanboi half-baked wish lists) from around the net.

the surveys are fairly routine, so i wouldn't read much into it.

edit: i read your whole post and you asked for us to dismiss the screamscape stuff, so i will. apologies.

would it be great? absolutely. but future world needs the work more. and, unfortunately, our insiders have said nothing is on the drawing board for epcot. which...is just criminal. but so be it.

michmousefan

The reason I wouldn't mind it is that Paris is such a LARGE part of that movie, it's basically a character itself.
I still don't see it happening in a million years.

At least not until the Ratatouille attraction opens in Paris... and if the reviews are say, as strong as they are for Carsland, well... then maybe TDO will want one for itself. I do empathize with the comments about adding a Pixar attraction to a WS pavilion -- but if "Paris" is the star of the attraction, then maybe it would work for the France pavilion. Sort of depends on how the actual ride works out, and we don't know the storyline of the thing yet, do we?

Gregoryp73

Every pavillion in both WS and FW should have:

1.) A Moving attraction of some sort
2.) An Eatery
3.) Some type of memento peddling place.

Epcot should hit on all senses, in it's current state seems more than unfinished.

On another note, while I love Ratattoullie...after seeing what they did at the living seas and TL @ MK, I would prefer they keep the Pixar properties at the studios to shore up that park. There is more than enough brain power to build exciting new adventures in EPCOT, AK, and MK...

IWant2GoNow

I'm torn on a Ratatouille attraction in France. I personally feel that if there is any attractions involved with WS they should teach or educate about the culture/country that you are "visiting". I think Maelstrom does well with that & also invokes interesting fantasy lore with the trolls to keep little ones entertained. I love Donald, but I believe Rio del Tiempo used to be a much better attraction culturally, IMO. I'm not one to gripe too much about characters being fused with pavilions & such but there has to be a way to add an attraction about France & then maybe throw in Ratatouille subtly.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
::stops reading::

i don't like to dismiss anything immediately before insiders chime in, but screamscape essentially just aggregates rumors (both legitimate stuff and fanboi half-baked wish lists) from around the net.

You mean kind of like what happens a lot around here? I don't see the difference. They're just another source for rumors. Occasionally they get one right, but like most of the rumors that float around Disney, nothing is ever legitimate until they break ground.

That's not to say that I give this any real credence, because it was a fact-less piece of information about a survey that was happening at Epcot without even any mention of the details of the questions, and a bit of speculation (wishful dreaming).

muteki

I think a Ratatouille ride could work well in France, if done properly. It is probably my favorite film they did, and it amazes me that they got to make it.

That being said, I also really like Finding Nemo, and we all know how that one turned out. If they make the ride predominantly about France and not the movie I could see it working, but I doubt that would be the outcome. Probably not if it is simply a lift of the attraction they are putting elsewhere.

A narration by Patton Oswalt (and how French is that really) or maybe a cameo by the characters would be the extent of what I would like to see.

Disneyfann

I thought all along that the "belle" theme in the FLE, should be moved to France. People are already upset about alcohol being served in the MK, and it would be fine in Epcot. Plus I would like a more obscure character to get brought up. But with the current TDO it will never happen, and obvious money making characters and movies will be used, instead of the actually good ones...

bethymouse

I agree. The only thing exciting is Test Track. I'm so bored with Epcot right now.
Yep! We really missed it this last time.:( EPCOT is a nice place to visit for a 1st timer. But, once you've been around World Showcase once, then there's not much else to see.:( My boys love the Phineas and Ferb Adventure, but it's still not enough IMHO.

KevinYee

American Adventure *has* been changed (the finale photo montage is updated)... the France movie, while upgraded to digital, is the only "show" left intact from 1982.

M.rudolf

Im going to post this and probably lose all credibility, last I heard Rat was being looked at for another park. but it could be possible for it go into epcot. Jim Hill was actually saying that it could be going into DHS with mi and carsland. It was something that I hadnt heard and I found it funny when this thread popped up

Admiral01

Premium Member
I sure hope they don't change the movie in France. Add a ride, but don't remove the movie. It is a wonderful stand-alone attraction in itself. Most of the other countries have no attractions. Add to those before you screw with the beauty that is "Impressions de France."

alphac2005

I sure hope they don't change the movie in France. Add a ride, but don't remove the movie. It is a wonderful stand-alone attraction in itself. Most of the other countries have no attractions. Add to those before you screw with the beauty that is "Impressions de France."

I agree, but it would buck the trend over the past many years. It seems to be that if you receive a new attraction, then there will be a subtraction of a previous attraction. It always seems to add up as neutral or a net loss in total attractions around there.

IWant2GoNow

Im going to post this and probably lose all credibility, last I heard Rat was being looked at for another park. but it could be possible for it go into epcot. Jim Hill was actually saying that it could be going into DHS with mi and carsland. It was something that I hadnt heard and I found it funny when this thread popped up

Interesting. I take it this ride does very well at DLP? I'm kinda wondering where they would squeeze it in with MI AND Carsland. Neat rumor anyway. Thanks for all your input, M.rudolf!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom