Epcot France rumor?

tl77

Putting a smiley face doesn't excuse you from being a jerk.

I read your post and stated my opinion. Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

If Malestrom is a thrill ride than I'm the pope. Mild thrills maybe.

Oh I see "I'm the jerk" thanks for clearing that up:)

but getting back to the original POINT and THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD, if they want to add rides in Epcot World Show case is the only place for them, and they chould "Hide them in show buildings behind the tree line"

I wasn't stating an opinion I was stating a fact, hope that's all crystal clear now

Calvin Coolidge

Obviously I'm not expecting new WS pavilions to be built any time soon, but the current pavilions could stand to be jazzed up a bit. My main problem with WS is that, except for the two boat rides (which are nothing to write home about) and American Adventure, the rest of the "attractions" are basically just documentaries. And as high-quality and compelling as they may be, you can watch a video about Canada or China or whatever on Youtube. I feel like if every pavilion had one really compelling attraction - it doesn't have to be on the scale of AA, just SOMETHING - then WS would feel like more than just stores and restaurants. Don't get me wrong, I love the restaurants, but, as a practical matter, how likely is it that you'll go to more than one or two of them on a trip? EPCOT just doesn't feel like a full-day park any more.

(Does anyone know what happened to the old Meet the World AAs?)

Uddy

Mexico has one too. It's not much of a ride but it's something to do when you're there.

I hate the Three Amigos. They should have left it alone. It was fine the way it was. Transitioning from an awesome volcano to a Taco Bell style renovation STINKS! The birds bring a cheapness to it that doesn't belong anywhere in Epcot. AUTHENTICITY IS CRUTIAL!!!!

EOD K9

Ok I got it. Does anyone remember the E.T. ride at Universal?? You do? Good. Hows aboout for the French Pavillion, we sit on a similar vehicle on bicycles, and we do a Tour De France? If anyone has actually watched the bike race you get to see some beautiful scenery. Something could be done in a similar fashion as a previous poster has said....similar to If You Had Wings. The main difference being that none of us would be tested for performance enhancing drugs. Who is with me on this? Plus les choses changent plus elles restent les mêmes.

invader

Ok I got it. Does anyone remember the E.T. ride at Universal?? You do? Good. Hows aboout for the French Pavillion, we sit on a similar vehicle on bicycles, and we do a Tour De France? If anyone has actually watched the bike race you get to see some beautiful scenery. Something could be done in a similar fashion as a previous poster has said....similar to If You Had Wings. The main difference being that none of us would be tested for performance enhancing drugs. Who is with me on this? Plus les choses changent plus elles restent les mêmes.
Cool idea, I don't think it's the best idea for a ride like that's ride system though.

Skippy's Pal

I hate the Three Amigos. They should have left it alone. It was fine the way it was. Transitioning from an awesome volcano to a Taco Bell style renovation STINKS! The birds bring a cheapness to it that doesn't belong anywhere in Epcot. AUTHENTICITY IS CRUTIAL!!!!

Totally agree. Went with an open mind last year; should have suspected something when we were literally the only family on the boat around 4:30. Awful. The prior version of the ride was a little lame but the Three Amigos retread is something we'll never do again.

EOD K9

El Rio Del Tiempo was more of a showcase of Mexico than the current incarnation. It fit more in the theme of WS. The idea is to show people the country they are visiting. Wasn't a good change IMO.

El Grupo

Simply put, if TDO would commit to a similar budget for WS as they did to the FLE ($500 million IIRC), I suspect they could add another country w/o a sponsorship and 3 decent attractions in existing countries.

Unlike the FLE, costly external theming would be more focused (all on the new country). So hopefully, more cash would be available for the attractions.

And, as a previous poster mentioned, I'd hope that they would build the additional attractions in countries that currently don't have such offerings (e.g., Germany, UK and Japan). I like the Mary Poppins idea for U.K. Being a Dickens fan, I wouldn't mind seeing the concepts for a show ride based on some of his stories realized as well.

FrankLapidus

I like the film and the characters but I agree the ride should have been left alone or at least not been "Disneyfied" to the extent that it was. I'd rather something along the lines of Maelstrom that would show more of the culture of Mexico but the ride is still a pleasent enough way to pass ten minutes for me.

We all know that france is already being redone as it is, but screamscape is saying that impressions de france could be going to make room for a new attration. Does anyone know anythinkg about this?

doctornick

We all know that france is already being redone as it is, but screamscape is saying that impressions de france could be going to make room for a new attration. Does anyone know anythinkg about this?

There's rumors of the Ratatouille ride from Paris also being added to Epcot's France, but I don't think that is anywhere near being green lit (it will probably not get any further than "being discussed" unless the ride ends up being very popular and affordable to copy).

michmousefan

The Screamscape rumor didn't necessarily say the the movie was going to be replaced for a new ride, but speculated that an additional attraction might be added to the pavilion. Given the recent upgrades to IDF to digital projection, I don't see the movie (or at very least the theater) going away any time soon.

WDWFREAK53

Totally agree. Went with an open mind last year; should have suspected something when we were literally the only family on the boat around 4:30. Awful. The prior version of the ride was a little lame but the Three Amigos retread is something we'll never do again.

The Three Amigos is a film with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Chevy Chase.

The Three CABALLEROS is what the Mexican Pavilion boat ride's overlay was.

aladdin2007

The Screamscape rumor didn't necessarily say the the movie was going to be replaced for a new ride, but speculated that an additional attraction might be added to the pavilion. Given the recent upgrades to IDF to digital projection, I don't see the movie (or at very least the theater) going away any time soon.

They would have to use the theater space as there isnt enough room back there to add another show building,,,unless they were to use the existing plot between France and Morocco on the left side, but I dont see TDO spending that way. Unless its a bar of some kind. :confused:

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
They would have to use the theater space as there isnt enough room back there to add another show building,,,unless they were to use the existing plot between France and Morocco on the left side, but I dont see TDO spending that way. Unless its a bar of some kind. :confused:

Not necessarily. There is plenty of room behind the building. The only thing back there is a couple of temporary buildings which could easily be moved.

Slowjack

I thought german’s show building was (at least a good chunk of it) repurposed for their huge buffet/restaurant?
I think the German restaurant was always part of the plan. But yes, the show building that's there isn't big enough for much. I was in there around '87 or so--back when I would go places I shouldn't--and I recall it was about the size of a small gymnasium. At the time they were using it a workshop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom