Epcot France rumor?

wiigirl

I agree. The only thing exciting is Test Track. I'm so bored with Epcot right now.

Awww...I personally love Epcot!
75.gif

wdw71fan

Back in 2010 Screamscape reported that a survey was done in Epcot asking about what countries you would like to see and which you wouldn't mind being removed. Nothing came of that.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ilion-by-removing-an-existing-country.566015/

actually, something did .. but getting sponsorship from new countries is a lot more difficult today than it was when Morroco was built..

In part because people realize (see: governments) that Epcot is NOT what it used to be.. It does not instill the wonder it once did..

danlb_2000

Premium Member
actually, something did .. but getting sponsorship from new countries is a lot more difficult today than it was when Morroco was built..

In part because people realize (see: governments) that Epcot is NOT what it used to be.. It does not instill the wonder it once did..

What did come of it?

elchippo

I feel like boat rides do and would work best in WS......I have a hard time picturing a typical dark ride over there...plus, whatever ride they did build would need to complement the overall pavillion, not upstage it. You dont want a ride with Soarin' level of wait times....

coachwnh

France is still the only movie we havent seen in Epcot. Havent eatien there yet either. (Have it planned for Valentines Day this Feb though!!!) Anyway, its actually my favorite area to watch illuminations and the entrance to Epcot is my favorite gate in all of the parks!!! Not sure why we dont spend much time there.:rolleyes:

tl77

I think if people want thrill rides in Epcot the unused World Showcase plots are the place to do. Hide them in show buildings behind the tree lines like a "Rockin' Roller Coaster" sort of thing, and give Future World back it's "spell binding, awe inspiring" original vision and bring the "cartoons and comedians" era to an end... everybody wins

NoChesterHester

I think if people want thrill rides in Epcot the unused World Showcase plots are the place to do. Hide them in show buildings behind the tree lines like a "Rockin' Roller Coaster" sort of thing, and give Future World back it's "spell binding, awe inspiring" original vision and bring the "cartoons and comedians" era to an end... everybody wins

I do not think World Showcase is where they need to add a bunch of thrill rides. Completely against the character and environment.

NewfieFan

I'm torn on a Ratatouille attraction in France. I personally feel that if there is any attractions involved with WS they should teach or educate about the culture/country that you are "visiting". I think Maelstrom does well with that & also invokes interesting fantasy lore with the trolls to keep little ones entertained. I love Donald, but I believe Rio del Tiempo used to be a much better attraction culturally, IMO. I'm not one to gripe too much about characters being fused with pavilions & such but there has to be a way to add an attraction about France & then maybe throw in Ratatouille subtly.

If by entertained you mean scared, then yes, the trolls do keep little ones "entertained"!
Don't know much about the Ratatouille ride so I find it hard to comment on it. However, Epcot NEEDS something new, something different!

JungleTrekFan

Yep, so does Germany. But from what I understand, they aren't completely unused. They make for good storage. Maybe someday...
I thought german’s show building was (at least a good chunk of it) repurposed for their huge buffet/restaurant? and come on storage? Epcot has more than enough space to store things.
Japan’s show building is humongous. Random but now all i can think of is that its used as a cage for Godzilla lol

Another side note but, since Disney already works with Studio Ghibli to distribute and voice over for english versions, how cool it would be to have some sort of Ghibli movie inspired attraction. Not that most americans watch Japanese animated films, but it would be a good cultural tie in and something thats almost universally know from Japan.

nytimez

I thought german’s show building was (at least a good chunk of it) repurposed for their huge buffet/restaurant? and come on storage? Epcot has more than enough space to store things.
Japan’s show building is humongous. Random but now all i can think of is that its used as a cage for Godzilla lol

Another side note but, since Disney already works with Studio Ghibli to distribute and voice over for english versions, how cool it would be to have some sort of Ghibli movie inspired attraction. Not that most americans watch Japanese animated films, but it would be a good cultural tie in and something thats almost universally know from Japan.

From what I recall reading, the "real" show building in Germany was never built. The restaurant is not the show building. Only part of the show building was built -- I want to say the load/unload area, but this is from memory of something I read, not first-hand knowledge. I'm sure others here can provide more insight.

Hold on... turns out I actually bookmarked that thing I read. Here's the link.

awoogala

exactly what I have been thinking. My daughter lost her mind hen we got her a small ponyo from Japan last trip! Would love some studio ghiblie! We love all the movies.. Totoro, princess mononoke, kiki's delivery service, howl's moving castle.. Amazing stuff!

Mrs.Toad

This is this million dollar question with WS. What will work as far as rides with an area that has specific amounts of room by country/pavilliion, in an area like WS, that as opposed to the other 3 parks and even FW, is sedate and quiet, and that represents people, culture, history?

I would think mostly boat rides or dark rides. And the fact is there are only 2 and they are both boat rides. (Mexico and Norway)

I think money is the issue and they don't want to throw it into boat rides and dark rides that age quickly. Could be wrong though, and they have stalled in WS for years. FW too if we go there...

I think to do a dark ride for a WS country it is going to look something like a modernized Delta Dreamflight. But then again, they could do a tamer coaster like BTMR that goes through early history/legends/mythology of a country. I would love to see something comparable to the ride system Nemo has or the dearly departed Horizons had that goes off to the side.

But if somebody asked me. Hey, we are going to create one more ride in WS. You pick the country....I would have to go with Japan. Because when you look at never built ideas in WS, that one stands out for me as something different. A simulated train ride with the appearance of looking out at Japan. And with today's technology. I was thinking Soarin, Spider-Man, as far as screens and things like that. It could be wonderful and something new if done properly.

And there could be something beautifully done with France. Depending on the theme and what parts of the history they chose, and how it would suit a chosen ride system, effects, etc.

DznyRktekt

I really wish they would add the Mary Poppins ride to the U.K. Pavilion that was planned and never built. The mountain range/ raft ride behind Canada would be nice too since it would block the view of the Soarin show building. Love World Showcase, especially the faux exterior environments in Mexico and the German Biergarten.

Mrs.Toad

I like that idea. Mary Poppins is timeless, a classic. The only thing that would hold me back is the rich history of the UK and debating other things they could put there.

I think I would prefer something similar yet modernized to the Peter Pan ride system for Poppins. Almost like you are flying with her.

Love the interior of Biegarten too, though I have done research on the food (menu and pictures) and we always go elsewhere. Though I do go in to look around and admire and the CM in Germany are cool with my loitering, after they ask if have a res, and I then tell them what I am doing.LOL!

NoChesterHester

Have you never been to the Norway pavilion?

and maybe try reading beyond the first sentence of my original post, thanks :)

Putting a smiley face doesn't excuse you from being a jerk.

I read your post and stated my opinion. Your opinion is no more valid than mine.

If Malestrom is a thrill ride than I'm the pope. Mild thrills maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom