Epcot Fountin Walls Are DOWN!

omg1224

Thats true. Its amazing the amount of emotion and meaning that a fireworks/light show can produce. And I agree, they should do two shows a night so that one can soak it all in more effectively. :D

i didnt mean 2 shows I mean do one more sone after the globe opens with a 3 minit grand inally with all effects running to get good pictures, some last minit glances, and to soak it all in. It ends to fast and thet is the #1 thing that bothers me about the show. thats what i miss in from the old show and the water graphics in the fountains. The can play celebrate the future hand in hand then I will be happy. i hope they dont completly change the show just change some parts like the earth part. change the music and add more life to that part and maby change the begining song. They should use the rocketeer as the first song. After that they should take out the celtic music and play the circle of life as the globe comes out and show all diferent changes in species than when the globe starts they should use the soarin music and have more holograms and images all over the place. then they should use the regular music than go with the extra finally. 2 shows is a good idea to but we all know what happens from there. they will cut back and get sloppy.

CrashNet

I know we've kinda fallen off topic here, but has anyone gotten the chance to film one of the shows, possibly at night, so we can see a nice example of what it looks like now? Not to be picky, but "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand" is my personal favorite. :)

The fountain is nostalgic for me. I worked at Innoventions and did rope drop daily, and you'd be amazed at the number of people I was able to genuinely surprise just by pulling them aside a minute before a show started and saying, "watch the fountain." Ah memories...

omg1224

I know we've kinda fallen off topic here, but has anyone gotten the chance to film one of the shows, possibly at night, so we can see a nice example of what it looks like now? Not to be picky, but "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand" is my personal favorite. :)

The fountain is nostalgic for me. I worked at Innoventions and did rope drop daily, and you'd be amazed at the number of people I was able to genuinely surprise just by pulling them aside a minute before a show started and saying, "watch the fountain." Ah memories...

My Bad :)

CTXRover

I found this video on youtube from a user "mousetrips" of the updated fountain at night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJO9qAEQwU

I'm amazed at the number and brilliance of the colors. I don't ever recall that much color in the shows. I'd say with some confidence that new lighting effects were part of the refurb. The fountains themselves also seem to be back to their original glory in terms of power of the jets.

EPCOT Explorer

I found this video on youtube from a user "mousetrips" of the updated fountain at night:

I'm amazed at the number and brilliance of the colors. I don't ever recall that much color in the shows. I'd say with some confidence that new lighting effects were part of the refurb. The fountains themselves also seem to be back to their original glory in terms of power of the jets.

Very nice.:D

Looks like a successful refurb to me.:sohappy:

omg1224

Very nice.:D

Looks like a successful refurb to me.:sohappy:

When I saw the hardware taken out I was shure the shows were done for. But they were fixing the fig and putting in new lights. The old lights you would see a little discoloration like you would on an old c 9 christmas light. I am pretty shure they are LED lights. Thats all I see in the disney parks.

NewfieFan

I ain't no expert either... but those colors are bright! And I have seen the show a few times after dark! Me likey!!!:D:sohappy:

Sorry for a dumb question... but I honestly don't know... when does the fountain show play? Does it have a schedule, for example does it play every hour on the hour, or something like that? I always stop to watch but I've never noticed if there's a pattern to them!

omg1224

I ain't no expert either... but those colors are bright! And I have seen the show a few times after dark! Me likey!!!:D:sohappy:

Sorry for a dumb question... but I honestly don't know... when does the fountain show play? Does it have a schedule, for example does it play every hour on the hour, or something like that? I always stop to watch but I've never noticed if there's a pattern to them!

It goes off every 15 minits. they dont post it but they should add it on the brochure. It is not a dumb question. I used to just wait and hope that the fountain would go off soon. Dont plan to see it after illuminations. That isnt a reliabul time. i have been there where I waited for the show to start and it never went off. That is after illuminations. I would say see it around 8:00 if it is dark out. i noticed if the Standard fountains and the lights are on there is a show. If the lights and the top fountains are off that ushrualey means the shows are done for the day. The waterfall is always on even if the shows arent. If the lights are off dont count on it.

omg1224

I like the epcot fountain better than the belagio and i think it is safe to say it is in better condition or just as good condition as the belagio fountain. It is small but it has colors and more fountain varietys.

GymLeaderPhil

Yes, some very nice LEDs were placed into the fountain allowing many more colors with the same amount of lights. Be sure to see it from the Fountain View Cafe balcony!

Rob562

It goes off every 15 minits. they dont post it but they should add it on the brochure.

I don't know that it's exactly something they should officially publish... While I think that everyone SHOULD stop and watch a show or three at the Fountain, it's nice to still have some "little" things in the parks that are there for people to stumble across and discover for themselves. Makes the Disney parks that much more magical, and it makes the experience that much more memorable for the Guests. Like the "Kiss Goodnight" at the Castle. It's not published by Disney (at least not in the Times Guide), and it's not something that the majority of the Guests get to see, but it's truly magical for those who do happen to be there at the right time. If they put it on the daily Times Guide, it'd take a little something away from it.

Getting back to the Fountain, does anyone know if it still chimes the hour? I remember back when it would do it on the hour, and with each chime, a different set of fountain jets would fire off. And then 30-60 seconds after it was done the fountain show for that quarter-hour period would play.

I can't wait to see video of the Fountain this December, to see what the bright and vibrant new LED lights do for the Fountain during its holiday programming with the Lights of Winter arches...

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

WOah! It`s far better.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know that it's exactly something they should officially publish... While I think that everyone SHOULD stop and watch a show or three at the Fountain, it's nice to still have some "little" things in the parks that are there for people to stumble across and discover for themselves. Makes the Disney parks that much more magical, and it makes the experience that much more memorable for the Guests. Like the "Kiss Goodnight" at the Castle. It's not published by Disney (at least not in the Times Guide), and it's not something that the majority of the Guests get to see, but it's truly magical for those who do happen to be there at the right time. If they put it on the daily Times Guide, it'd take a little something away from it.

Getting back to the Fountain, does anyone know if it still chimes the hour? I remember back when it would do it on the hour, and with each chime, a different set of fountain jets would fire off. And then 30-60 seconds after it was done the fountain show for that quarter-hour period would play.

I can't wait to see video of the Fountain this December, to see what the bright and vibrant new LED lights do for the Fountain during its holiday programming with the Lights of Winter arches...

-Rob
I seem to remember it doing that, but I havn't seen it in recent times.

NewfieFan

It goes off every 15 minits. they dont post it but they should add it on the brochure. It is not a dumb question. I used to just wait and hope that the fountain would go off soon. Dont plan to see it after illuminations. That isnt a reliabul time. i have been there where I waited for the show to start and it never went off. That is after illuminations. I would say see it around 8:00 if it is dark out. i noticed if the Standard fountains and the lights are on there is a show. If the lights and the top fountains are off that ushrualey means the shows are done for the day. The waterfall is always on even if the shows arent. If the lights are off dont count on it.

Thanks! I didn't know it played every 15 mins! But I'm pretty sure I watched the fountain show twice after Illuminations on my Sept. 09 trip! It's my favorite way to take in the park at the end of the night!

It also chimed the hour when I was there in Sept. as well!

GymLeaderPhil

-Rob
Still chiming as of last week.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kiss Goonight.... what a pain that was to see. Non of the MSUSA CMs knew what I was talking about. You have to be in the hub to hear it though; regular BGM is played on MSUSA and in Town Square.

A wonderful way to end the day (make sure you can hear the fantastic version of WYWUAS)

hpyhnt 1000

Kiss Goonight.... what a pain that was to see. Non of the MSUSA CMs knew what I was talking about. You have to be in the hub to hear it though; regular BGM is played on MSUSA and in Town Square.

A wonderful way to end the day (make sure you can hear the fantastic version of WYWUAS)

Thats just pathetic. :fork: Has job orientation gone completely out the window or something? I can understand not knowing former characters/attractions, but my goodness, for a CM to not know about a present day event, even if it is slightly obscure, is just sad. :(

EPCOT Explorer

Thats just pathetic. :fork: Has job orientation gone completely out the window or something? I can understand not knowing former characters/attractions, but my goodness, for a CM to not know about a present day event, even if it is slightly obscure, is just sad. :(

Yep! Traditions is a shell of what it once was, apparently.:rolleyes::(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom