Epcot Fountin Walls Are DOWN!

omg1224

Wait a minute. Why wasn't Promise playing?:eek:

The fountain just went on maby the song didnt start yet. It could of been that that was just a fake computer animation and they took that picture after a fountain show. But then not everyone is an epcot nerd like us. I know the fountain goes on and the ball images come on. Noone would think to show that to make it look convincing. They could pull that off with the fountain on. Maby they do have a real sponcer:veryconfu. Wasnt this discushion supost to be about the fountain LOL. I am starting trouble. Sooooooooooo!!!! anything new on the fountain anyone has to share!!!!???? LOL:lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The video in question WAS A FAKE.

Please read the description next to it. The author even goes as far and tells you how he created it.

When in doubt....READ.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
He has a show called skydance but it dosnt sound like an epcot show. I know he has something called skydance. I think the logo was a human figure in a dancing position. I miss the holograms. they should have the holograms along with the globe. I could see them better. Its hard to focus into a moving picture being show on a spinning screen shaped as a continent.
Skydance has been talked about around here for over a year now. It was the working title of the next version of IllumiNations which would retain some of the current hardward and ideas but add a whole new lot of new things. Right now it`s mothballed.
No Epcot show has ever used holograms.

omg1224

Skydance has been talked about around here for over a year now. It was the working title of the next version of IllumiNations which would retain some of the current hardward and ideas but add a whole new lot of new things. Right now it`s mothballed.
No Epcot show has ever used holograms.

They had walls of water in the four maxi barges and had laser images projected on to them like they do in fantasmic. I am pretty shure they called them holograms. I will double check and give you the link. They were bigger and easier to see. you are right they arent real holograms.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They had walls of water in the four maxi barges and had laser images projected on to them like they do in fantasmic. I am pretty shure they called them holograms. I will double check and give you the link. They were bigger and easier to see. you are right they arent real holograms.
It`s okay. They were Disneys first mist screens, introduced in 1988 - the water would fall from 2 standpipes either side of the barge. A laser animation would be projected from the original laser globe in the center of the lagoon onto it - kind of backscreen projection. And yes, it was very bright and clear.

One barge:

IllumiNations_Full_540.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

It`s okay. They were Disneys first mist screens, introduced in 1988 - the water would fall from 2 standpipes either side of the barge. A laser animation would be projected from the original laser globe in the center of the lagoon onto it - kind of backscreen projection. And yes, it was very bright and clear.

One barge:

IllumiNations_Full_540.jpg

How hard do you think it would be to bring those back? Would they get in the way of any new hardware for RoE?

Rob562

EPCOT Explorer

omg1224

How hard do you think it would be to bring those back? Would they get in the way of any new hardware for RoE?[/QUOTE

i like how they had more than one think going once the pictures were going the lasers were going and the buildings were lighting up all the time. ROE can be boaring at some parts. I take that back about skydance being out of range it carnival de lumere is out of range. If anyone knows where I can find a video of that tell me I realey want to see what it was like.

Rob562

i like how they had more than one think going once the pictures were going the lasers were going and the buildings were lighting up all the time. ROE can be boaring at some parts. I take that back about skydance being out of range it carnival de lumere is out of range. If anyone knows where I can find a video of that tell me I realey want to see what it was like.

If you think that RoE can be boring in parts, I suggest that you go back and watch a video of the original IllumiNations. While I enjoyed it for what it was, and liked the concept of it, RoE is (in my opinion) miles beyond the original IllumiNations.

The original was ENTIRELY lasers and fountains and pavilion lighting for the first 2/3 of the show. Basing the measurement on the MP3 that I have, which is 16:13 long, the moment where the very first pyro goes off is at the 9:50 mark. (the 4:15 break during the Earth Globe's voyage is less than half that time...)

That's a VERY long time to stand there and watch the lasers and fountains. It worked in the 80's and 90's because laser shows were brand new, and it was captivating to see the images on the water screens. But if you showed the original IllumiNations to modern audiences, people would have gotten bored by the time you reached the fireworks.

So while it was ground-breaking and provided the beginnings of larger and more-incredible nighttime shows at Epcot, the original was pretty dull compared to what we have now.

-Rob

omg1224

If you think that RoE can be boring in parts, I suggest that you go back and watch a video of the original IllumiNations. While I enjoyed it for what it was, and liked the concept of it, RoE is (in my opinion) miles beyond the original IllumiNations.

The original was ENTIRELY lasers and fountains and pavilion lighting for the first 2/3 of the show. Basing the measurement on the MP3 that I have, which is 16:13 long, the moment where the very first pyro goes off is at the 9:50 mark. (the 4:15 break during the Earth Globe's voyage is less than half that time...)

That's a VERY long time to stand there and watch the lasers and fountains. It worked in the 80's and 90's because laser shows were brand new, and it was captivating to see the images on the water screens. But if you showed the original IllumiNations to modern audiences, people would have gotten bored by the time you reached the fireworks.

So while it was ground-breaking and provided the beginnings of larger and more-incredible nighttime shows at Epcot, the original was pretty dull compared to what we have now.

-Rob

Never mind what I said you are right about that one. I was talking about illuminations 25 A and 25 B. 25 A I think was the best. The thing I do like better about Roe is that is has a meaning. i just wish they brought back some stuff. They should do the history of our planet and tour the countrys using holograms and the earth but make it roe quality but more movement. It seems like the old shows have more but I timed the videos today and they are shorter than ROE. Roe is more spread out. I think they should keep ROE change some effects and change the music. I was younger but I think I rember dreading the begining and wanted to go straight for the fireworks. I miss some of the old effects I wish they would put them with ROE and bring back the old laser effects in the begining that would be insane. Thats what I like in 25 A the laser effects and the music was pretty cool. i have to say the old shows didnt make sence and that is what makes it boaring. like i said if they bring some old effects back I will be happy. I am getting a little tired of knowing the show by heart. It makes it faster and faster each time.

omg1224

Huh. Very interesting...Shame they can't return in that form, but I'm thinking it's very worth it for that effect.:lol:

Disney has come far with there show technology. Those laser graphic inventions are old. They probaly could have a fountain that comes out if the water that stays there 24-7 Fantasmic has a little nozzle coming out of the water to make a water screen.

omg1224

How hard do you think it would be to bring those back? Would they get in the way of any new hardware for RoE?

Disney has come far with there show technology. Those laser graphic inventions are old. They probaly could have a fountain that comes out if the water that stays there 24-7 Fantasmic has a little nozzle coming out of the water to make a water screen. They would also have to make shure that the barge dosnt run them over. I think they already crashed the globe once LOL. I could tell by a dent on it I saw one time. At least I think thats how the dent got there. I think they fixed it I havent noticed it leteley.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The original was ENTIRELY lasers and fountains and pavilion lighting for the first 2/3 of the show.
Nothing wrong with that. It was enjoyable to watch and listen to, was very EPCOT Center, and the pavilion chase was great fun. I`d call it a multimedia show. FitS was a fireworks show. Mouse PR called it a `founatain, laser, light and firework show set to music`. The CM as we left Backstage Magic did call it a `laser and waterworks`show but we knew what she meant :D

EPCOT Explorer

Nothing wrong with that. It was enjoyable to watch and listen to, was very EPCOT Center, and the pavilion chase was great fun. I`d call it a multimedia show. FitS was a fireworks show. Mouse PR called it a `founatain, laser, light and firework show set to music`. The CM as we left Backstage Magic did call it a `laser and waterworks`show but we knew what she meant :D

Heh. I saw that on your video.:D

And yep, RoE is most assuredly multimedia, esp. with the Earth Globe.

omg1224

What amazes me about the show is that back in the 80s noone ever thought they would have an illuminations what would make people actrualey cry or get tearey. Even I get a little heavy feeling in the chest. i dont cry with that stuff I save the tears for the smoke that blow in my face. The end is amazing. I wish they would have a 1 minut firework display with all effects just to give time to soak it all in.

hpyhnt 1000

What amazes me about the show is that back in the 80s noone ever thought they would have an illuminations what would make people actrualey cry or get tearey. Even I get a little heavy feeling in the chest. i dont cry with that stuff I save the tears for the smoke that blow in my face. The end is amazing. I wish they would have a 1 minut firework display with all effects just to give time to soak it all in.

Thats true. Its amazing the amount of emotion and meaning that a fireworks/light show can produce. And I agree, they should do two shows a night so that one can soak it all in more effectively. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom