News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

ToTBellHop

Let me know when Illuminations is coming back.
1623798671562.gif

zapple

jrhwdw

IMDREW

I actually liked the kites, or at least, the concept of it. Felt like something really new. Never saw it in real life unfortunately.

jrhwdw

I actually liked the kites, or at least, the concept of it. Felt like something really new. Never saw it in real life unfortunately.
I did like the Fire Kites! Something different for a Disney Nighttime Spectacular. IDK why Epcot didn't just add last night's Test Pyro to the kites from the start... I believe Surprise In The Skies had Kites and Pyro at the same time...

TikibirdLand

It's almost like you don't need anything to happen on top of the lake whether it be a globe, kites, or stargates and tacos.

Imagine watching a fireworks show in Epcot from literally anywhere without having to crowd along a fence to see what's happening on the lake.
I have some great memories of watching Wishes from the balcony of the Contemporary one year and from our patio at the Poly. Didn't need to be in the hub with 3 whiny, tired kids. I was able to let them climb in my lap and fall asleep. IIRC, they played the music on the TV during this.

Now, they're all grown up (well, almost) and we got to see HEA in the hub back in 2017. Incredible projection mapping on the castle. Music was much better through their sound system. So much going on. I really needed multiple viewings to take it all in. It is a great replacement for Wishes. But, you would definitely get less if you saw it from CR or Poly today. I'm hoping they do the projection mapping down main street to distribute the crowds better.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have some great memories of watching Wishes from the balcony of the Contemporary one year and from our patio at the Poly. Didn't need to be in the hub with 3 whiny, tired kids. I was able to let them climb in my lap and fall asleep. IIRC, they played the music on the TV during this.

Now, they're all grown up (well, almost) and we got to see HEA in the hub back in 2017. Incredible projection mapping on the castle. Music was much better through their sound system. So much going on. I really needed multiple viewings to take it all in. It is a great replacement for Wishes. But, you would definitely get less if you saw it from CR or Poly today. I'm hoping they do the projection mapping down main street to distribute the crowds better.

Or run a show that doesn’t require viewing the castle to know what’s going on. You could watch Wishes! from multiple resorts with the music piped in and be able to enjoy the show. Just a thought.

jrhwdw

It's almost like you don't need anything to happen on top of the lake whether it be a globe, kites, or stargates and tacos.

Imagine watching a fireworks show in Epcot from literally anywhere without having to crowd along a fence to see what's happening on the lake.
It's true that EF is the first show with nothing on WSL but anyone else miss the Fountains? That's been an Epcot staple for years. It's also sets Epcot apart from MK when it was just Pyro, no Projections at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom