News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

gerarar

Premium Member
Then again, this shouldn't come much as a surprise. For the weeks and days leading up to today, there were plenty of videos capturing the Epcot Forever testing, in which you can clearly hear "A Whole New World" at the end.

Surprised it didn't garnet a reaction then when first revealed/tested.

Surferboy567

So...I liked the show, I really didn’t even mind a whole new world since it made sense. I couldn’t help think though...that’s it? It lacked the emotional “we go on” punch of illuminations but then it did fix the (in my opinion) pacing problem that Illuminations had. So maybe those two cancel each other out? I’m not sure how to feel...I kinda missed the lack of special effects since I’m so used to effect heavy shows. I liked hearing the classic Epcot music but why the kids? That was super weird wish they spent more time on One Little Spark, and Golden Dream. Also no Destiny? Liked hearing Walt. Anyways, I liked the show but as I thought I’m super excited for HarmonUS. I’m excited to see how this plays in person though.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY EPCOT AND MAGIC KINGDOM!

Oh...and loved the fire kites.

Last edited:

tirian

They said EF was going to include Future, so Whole New World didn't shock me. Prob a better IP choice than anything else.

LOVED Golden Dream, TON ending verse, a nod to We've just Begun TO Dream, Fire Kites! It wasn't too windy! Torches lit up during TON, Palivion lights on till the end I think?
Those elements worked well; too bad they were attached to a series of “greatest hits” clips instead of being allowed to build naturally from one song and emotion to another.

I’m a huge Epcot fan. I love that park. I don’t know if I’d suggest this show to someone who isn’t familiar with the old attractions and who doesn’t have existing emotional connections, because without that point of reference, this show makes zero sense.

HMF

My thoughts-This show is nice for what it is which is basically an Epcot nostalgia clip show with fireworks. It does not anywhere near approach the heart or depth of meaning that Reflections of Earth had. What is more disconcerting is that it is likely leagues better than what will ultimately replace it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Also using a Walt clip for a city of the future that never to came to fruition...
giphy.gif

Atomicmickey

MINUSES
Kid's voices bleah. Might like better if sound quality was better. Jury's out.
ALADDIN

PLUSES
Lots of original music, TON, etc.
Good fireworks
Fire kites!

ANOTHER MINUS
-Each piece seemed so disjointed and . . . short.

PLUS
veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit

PLUS
Hey, this is just an interim show. So they did a lot for a stand-in, I think.

MINUS, AGAIN
ALADDIN

JohnD

So...I liked the show, I really didn’t even mind a whole new world since it made sense. I couldn’t help think though...that’s it? It lacked the emotional “we go on” punch of illuminations but then it did fix the (in my opinion) pacing problem that Illuminations had. I’m not sure how to feel...I kinda missed the lack of special effects since I’m so used to effect heavy shows. I liked hearing the classic Epcot music but why the kids? That was super weird wish they spent more time on One Little Spark, and Golden Dream. Also no Destiny? Liked hearing Walt. Anyways, I liked the show but as I thought I’m super excited for HarmonUS. I’m excited to see how this plays in person though.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY EPCOT AND MAGIC KINGDOM!

My only gripe with Illuminations is the extended segment of the globe spinning to the music but no fireworks. It was like a “pause” in the show. This didn’t have that. I like the new show. But overall Illuminations is still better.

Mikey73181

Well...it wasn’t terrible...but it’s no ROE.

I liked when the torches came on during the pre show, but then they just went off with the lights at the beginning, no more blowing them out. Then they quickly come back on during the Tapestry music then go back off until it’s over. They are still on now, don’t know for how long since it’s new post show music playing too.

brettf22

Premium Member
Gotta say, I’m a little underwhelmed. Like most things, it’s gotta be better in person.

Watched it with my Disney-loving but non-EPCOT historian wife. While she recognized Soarin’, Tapestry and Spark, a lot of her reaction was “Where is this music from?” Then of course, Whole New World comes on and she says “Ah, that I know. But why is it playing in EPCOT?” I’m guessing most visitors over the next year will have similar reactions.

“What is this from? Now what is this from? Oooooo!! I love Aladdin!”

And I’m guessing that’s the point Disney wants to make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom