Epcot Food & Wine Festival = Booze Fest

LUVofDIS

If you say 10, I'll think 2. any chance you see someone trip and automatically think they're drunk, not just that they tripped?

This makes me chuckle, September of 17 my wife and I were dueling it out for master marksman on TSM and the ride ended with me being victorious, now my wife still claims innocence, but I still believe she knew I was going to win and she placed her shoulder strap to her backpack around my ankle. As I got up to leave the ride, boom, I was on the ground. If that had happened in EPCOT I am sure people could have thought I was drunk.

Bpmorley

This makes me chuckle, September of 17 my wife and I were dueling it out for master marksman on TSM and the ride ended with me being victorious, now my wife still claims innocence, but I still believe she knew I was going to win and she placed her shoulder strap to her backpack around my ankle. As I got up to leave the ride, boom, I was on the ground. If that had happened in EPCOT I am sure people could have thought I was drunk.
Exactly. Disney is crowded, very crowded. People walk into each other often. Someone sitting down can say look at all these drunks can't even walk straight.

Phonedave

That is not a lot if you are a heavy drinker. Most people who do not touch alcohol on a daily basis can not drink this amount in one day. That is fine if that is how you do you, not judging. But saying that most people can not drink that much without it seriously affecting them.

Not to mention that unless you are drinking lite beer, or hard seltzer, that amount is at or over the average recommended daily caloric intake. Even with low cal drinks, you are looking at over half you daily calories from alcohol.

-dave

Chef Mickey

I've done over 60 days some years. I must be the lucky one and they don't show up when I get there. If people want to get drunk, so be it. It's their money. No offense, but people on here exaggerate about what they don't like. If you say 10, I'll think 2. any chance you see someone trip and automatically think they're drunk, not just that they tripped?
Maybe you just don't notice them because you're fine with it? I'm not saying a drunk falls in my lap 10 times/night at EPCOT. I'm saying I notice them acting like fools, being loud, and in general acting unfit for a Disney park.

You like it, cool. I don't like it and want it out of Disney parks. Just because someone spends "their money" doesn't mean they have a right to act like a fool, drunk or not. Disney has rules and they must be followed.

I didn't give you my max years, but I guess you could say we both go a lot. I just think you're no as observant as me if you really go that often.

jaklgreen

Anymore when I'm down there I go off property to eat and drink. I've gotten to know a fair amount of locals. Most say that they don't even go to disney anymore. People used to complain about all the drunks at Pleasure Island. Again, I can't see people going to DTD to get drunk when there are tons of places out the bubble where the prices are 1/5. Before we started getting a car me and DW would frequent PI and I never saw these hoards of drunk locals. This is why I can't buy all this. Do I believe that a few people get drunk at F&W, Yes. Do I believe that's it's as rampant as people on here make it out to be, NO. My days of disney are starting to dwindle now, so maybe it will get worse, I don't know. I just know with retirement coming I won't be spending my money on expensive beers around the world.

Maybe you don't see them because you are one of them? Maybe? You did say that a "normal" day for you is to consume about 10 drinks.

BuddyThomas

Not to mention that unless you are drinking lite beer, or hard seltzer, that amount is at or over the average recommended daily caloric intake. Even with low cal drinks, you are looking at over half you daily calories from alcohol.

-dave
That's why if you're a big old drunken lunatic like me, you have to go to the gym and work out like its the end of the world every day. No gym, no drinky. 😜

Bpmorley

Maybe you just don't notice them because you're fine with it? I'm not saying a drunk falls in my lap 10 times/night at EPCOT. I'm saying I notice them acting like fools, being loud, and in general acting unfit for a Disney park.

You like it, cool. I don't like it and want it out of Disney parks. Just because someone spends "their money" doesn't mean they have a right to act like a fool, drunk or not. Disney has rules and they must be followed.

I didn't give you my max years, but I guess you could say we both go a lot. I just think you're no as observant as me if you really go that often.
That's inaccurate. I'm very observant. It's my job to be observant. Me and DW were trying to make a point of finding drunks at our last F&W stop. We found way more rudeness than drunkness. Now I can't make the determination that alcohol was the reason for the rudeness, that would be speculation. Acting like a fool is not against the law, neither is being loud in most circumstances. Maybe it's time to loosen up and have some fun, stop worrying about what other people are doing? again, not disagreeing that it happens, but no way on the scale described on here.
Maybe you don't see them because you are one of them? Maybe? You did say that a "normal" day for you is to consume about 10 drinks.
No I am not one of them. You won't see me staggering around the park falling all over people. I'm also just naturally loud, so I guess that could be mistaken for drunk too, even if I'm not drinking. I can handle my alcohol. Normal day doesn't mean everyday. It means on days I chose to go drinking. Which is not everyday. And it's probably more than 10. I don't work traditional hours, so that could be any day of the week.

And this was the first time I was able to work this multi-quote thing, Go Me. time for a beer at 7:30am. hahahaha

Chef Mickey

That's inaccurate. I'm very observant. It's my job to be observant. Me and DW were trying to make a point of finding drunks at our last F&W stop. We found way more rudeness than drunkness. Now I can't make the determination that alcohol was the reason for the rudeness, that would be speculation. Acting like a fool is not against the law, neither is being loud in most circumstances. Maybe it's time to loosen up and have some fun, stop worrying about what other people are doing? again, not disagreeing that it happens, but no way on the scale described on here.

No I am not one of them. You won't see me staggering around the park falling all over people. I'm also just naturally loud, so I guess that could be mistaken for drunk too, even if I'm not drinking. I can handle my alcohol. Normal day doesn't mean everyday. It means on days I chose to go drinking. Which is not everyday. And it's probably more than 10. I don't work traditional hours, so that could be any day of the week.

And this was the first time I was able to work this multi-quote thing, Go Me. time for a beer at 7:30am. hahahaha
Eh, whatever. Our data is still anecdotal, so I'm not going to argue about seeing it or not. I know what I see.

A lot of rules that must be followed at WDW are not against the law anyway.

This isn't about being more loosened up. I'm as socially liberal as you can be, but the parks are, in my opinion, a place that needs closer regulation. Your idea is winning, so be happy.

Bpmorley

Eh, whatever. Our data is still anecdotal, so I'm not going to argue about seeing it or not. I know what I see.

A lot of rules that must be followed at WDW are not against the law anyway.

This isn't about being more loosened up. I'm as socially liberal as you can be, but the parks are, in my opinion, a place that needs closer regulation. Your idea is winning, so be happy.
I get what you're saying about the regulation. But if Disney were to start cracking down on this so-called misbehaving they would be chasing money away. And we all know disney isn't about to do that.

tomast

Idk, how "Disney" is a drinking game or a "Drunk in Epcot Challange" but I think Disney likes it, cause they can sell lot of overpriced licor

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm saying I notice them acting like fools, being loud, and in general acting unfit for a Disney park.
I notice COMPLETELY sober adults at MK acting like fools, being loud, treating CM's horribly, leaving dirty diapers on top of a trash can, ramming through crowds with their stroller, shoving people out of the way and even allowing their child to urinate in the bushes (yes). This behavior is completely unfit for a Disney park. I notice this at MK much more than any of the the other parks and most likely because it is the entitled parent mentality and MK is where the parents with young kids tend be at the most.

Have I seen people at Epcot who have had a few too many drinks? Sure, but they are nowhere near as rude and disturbing as the sober moms and dads who feel they can do whatever feel like since they paid money visit WDW.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I notice COMPLETELY sober adults at MK acting like fools, being loud, treating CM's horribly, leaving dirty diapers on top of a trash can, ramming through crowds with their stroller, shoving people out of the way and even allowing their child to urinate in the bushes (yes). This behavior is completely unfit for a Disney park. I notice this at MK much more than any of the the other parks and most likely because it is the entitled parent mentality and MK is where the parents with young kids tend be at the most.

Have I seen people at Epcot who have had a few too many drinks? Sure, but they are nowhere near as rude and disturbing as the sober moms and dads who feel they can do whatever feel like since they paid money visit WDW.
This past week I saw a 10 year old girl pee her pants in the line for Slinky Dog. She was then berated (I think, they were speaking Spanish so I couldn't get the specifics) for it, and then left to stand in her pee pants, and RIDE IN HER PEE PANTS.

FWIW, I don't think she was drunk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom