Epcot Food & Wine Festival = Booze Fest

Chef Mickey

Can you imagine if the gov't started tracking us at bars? omg.

That's what makes it a full day park! :D
Now THAT, I'm against. If you go to an establishment, Disney or otherwise, the only one that should know is the establishment itself. And they have a duty to keep your information private.

Privacy is very, very important and the government shouldn't be involved in private transactions.

I am fine with ALL transactions, as long as they are between 2 willing parties...but it should be kept between them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
it opens unnecessary risk, and it's not always easy to get away from these people.
Unnecessary risk is all around you, every day, all the time. There have not been any incidents (to my knowledge) of a person drinking alcohol at Epcot to put anybody at risk but themselves.

I do not understand how difficult you consider it to "get away from these people"? Walking away, or simply walking past them should suffice. And again, have there been any incidents at Epcot where a person or family was held hostage or not allowed to pass by another person(s)?

I appreciate your responses and glad that you understand I am not trying to troll. Its enjoyable when conversations like this can have a god back and forth without name calling or reporting to the mods.

Chef Mickey

Unnecessary risk is all around you, every day, all the time. There have not been any incidents (to my knowledge) of a person drinking alcohol at Epcot to put anybody at risk but themselves.

I do not understand how difficult you consider it to "get away from these people"? Walking away, or simply walking past them should suffice. And again, have there been any incidents at Epcot where a person or family was held hostage or not allowed to pass by another person(s)?

I appreciate your responses and glad that you understand I am not trying to troll. Its enjoyable when conversations like this can have a god back and forth without name calling or reporting to the mods.
Absolutely. I just think those risks should be kept to a minimum at Disney.

It will take an incident for Disney to act, which is the unfortunate part.

If you’re in line or watching fireworks, it’s not always easy or desirable to just walk away. I’m trying to watch a show or wait for an attraction.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If you’re in line or watching fireworks, it’s not always easy or desirable to just walk away. I’m trying to watch a show or wait for an attraction.
I cant see a situation while waiting in line for an attraction that could get to any level of being remotely dangerous that the CM's or security would not act on right away. I have only ever experienced disruptions while waiting in line from cheer leaders or tour groups. Same for fireworks.

We live out of state but visit several times per year (DVC and AP's), and my wife has been 7 times this year already. In all our years we have not had any disruptions in line or watching fireworks from intoxicated guests, aside from a person applauding loudly and cheering at the end of the show, which, IMO, adds to it.

One time, there was a large group of people (all had drinks in hand) walking around Canada pavilion near the waterfall and I had a beer in my hand and one of the guys yelled over from about twenty feet away, "what are you drinking", to which I replied, "Kronenburg"! He yelled back, "party on"! as he raised his beer. That was the most extreme "drunk person" encounter Ive had, and it was fun.

BuddyThomas

Again, I didn't say it bothered me to the point I won't go. You're creating that image in your own because you don't like my opinion. I never said it was popular, but I think it's the right decision.

Eventually, I do believe Disney will track your alcohol consumption with the MagicBand. I don't think it's a bad idea and it will be forced if there is a significant incident involving a drunk (let's hope not).

You saw their reaction after 1 freak accident in the water involving a child. You'll see the same thing with the regulation of drunks.
The day Disney tracks my alcohol consumption with a Magic Band is the day I bid them Bon Voyage forever. I'm a hard working adult, not a toddler who needs Mommie Mouse telling me what to do, and if I can't do what I want on an ultra-overpriced vacation (so long as I am not disturbing others with my fun), then I will gladly take my vacation dollars elsewhere.

BuddyThomas

It's a personal opinion. I've seen all kind of anecdotal stuff and I'm confident it would be better gone or at least more regulated through MagicBands.

I'm not going to get into specific incidents because people against my opinion will just shoot everything down.

High level, I just don't think unlimited easy to get alcohol mixes well at a Disney park because it's a family environment, there are massive crowds, it opens unnecessary risk, and it's not always easy to get away from these people.
As far as it being a family environment, I'd be willing to bet that there are very few kids who want to be at the food and wine festival in the first place.

Chef Mickey

The day Disney tracks my alcohol consumption with a Magic Band is the day I bid them Bon Voyage forever. I'm a hard working adult, not a toddler who needs Mommie Mouse telling me what to do, and if I can't do what I want on an ultra-overpriced vacation (so long as I am not disturbing others with my fun), then I will gladly take my vacation dollars elsewhere.
It may happen...remember, Disney can basically implement anything they see fit.

BuddyThomas

It may happen...remember, Disney can basically implement anything they see fit.
Yup, it can happen. The Long Island Railroad used to have a very profitable beer, wine, and spirits business, and if you have ever had to navigate Penn Station during rush hour, you will know that these alcohol carts came in very handy.

But they had some ultra conservative on the board, and he finally got rid of the entire thing, denying them of 2 million in annual income.

And it is so stupid, because now people just get their beer and wine from other places and still take it on the trains (which is legal here).

https://nypost.com/2018/03/17/say-bye-bye-to-bar-carts-on-lirr-platforms/

BuddyThomas

Yup, it can happen. The Long Island Railroad used to have a very profitable beer, wine, and spirits business, and if you have ever had to navigate Penn Station during rush hour, you will know that these alcohol carts came in very handy.

But they had some ultra conservative ****** on the board, and he finally got rid of the entire thing, denying them of 2 million in annual income.

And it is so stupid, because now people just get their beer and wine from other places and still take it on the trains (which is legal here).

PS to this. I wish I was a fly on the moderators' meeting when they all sat down and decided which words might offend all of humanity and had to be replaced by little asterisks.

Bpmorley

I'm just about there now. Started going less and less a few years back. don't frequent the parks as much when I do go. I rent more of my points than I use anymore. I take that money and go to other places where I feel I get more bang for my buck. It's kinda sad for me. I grew up on disney. Sunday dinner at Grandmoms ended with the wonderful world of disney almost every week. the greed and drop in quality of everything have taken it's toll on me. F&W has been a constant, but any tracking of my drinking, eh expensive drinking, and I will be completely done.

Phonedave

Year 2 was awesome. You finished inside Epcot at night right into the party and your bib had a tear-off for a free beer or soft drink that you could pick up right after the finish line.

Plenty of runners stop for a beer in Epcot during the full marathon. I couldn't do it.

Yeah, year 2 was way better than than year 1. Year was was a total mess.

I never thought of stopping for a beer in EPCOT. I don't think I could at that point either. Mile 25 on is autopilot mode. Just keep plodding along. If I stopped and stood in line to buy a beer, I don't know about staring up again. Spectators / Guests at EPCOT need to understand that too. When they cut across the taped off running lanes in front of runners in WS, many runners are at a point both physically and mentally where they can't dodge out of the way (or stop). If you cut me off at that point, chances are I am going to run right into you, with little to no coordination, and we are both going to end up in a heap.

Now stopping for a beer in the MK, that I could do. That's nice are early in the race.

Phonedave

But they had some ultra conservative ****** on the board, and he finally got rid of the entire thing, denying them of 2 million in annual income.

That is one of the amazing sights to see in Penn Station. Around rush hour, just about every store on the concourse, rolls out those big lexan cubes of iced down cans of beer and sells them. Every store - delis, magazine shops, shoe repair, dry cleaners - they all sell beer.

-dave

Bpmorley

That is one of the amazing sights to see in Penn Station. Around rush hour, just about every store on the concourse, rolls out those big lexan cubes of iced down cans of beer and sells them. Every store - delis, magazine shops, shoe repair, dry cleaners - they all sell beer.

-dave
never had any desire to go to NY, but now maybe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom