Epcot Food & Wine Festival = Booze Fest

jaklgreen

Word. A normal non-F&W EPCOT day includes a couple maragaritas from the tequila bar inside mexico, a duck in love in china, 3 or 4 big german beers, 3 or 4 american beers, then a few pints in the UK

I am going to assume that this is sarcasm? That is a lot of alcohol to drink in 1 day. I would have to stop at the margaritas and call it a day.

jaklgreen

Not sarcasm, that's not alot. And then we usually grab a few more for the pool/hot tub area back at the resort.

That is not a lot if you are a heavy drinker. Most people who do not touch alcohol on a daily basis can not drink this amount in one day. That is fine if that is how you do you, not judging. But saying that most people can not drink that much without it seriously affecting them.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Was at F&W Thursday night. It was fine. No dangerous drunks fighting people in the streets. No one puking in the shrubbery. No one passed out on benches or in the grass.

Service at Via Napoli sucked though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That sounds about right. Much like most post race parties.
I'm planning on doing the Star Wars Half Marathon or Food and Wine Disney Half Marathon in 2019. I mean I am not going to have a bottle of red before I hit the start line....... :p

There is no handing out of alcoholic beverages when you cross the finish line. Don't think you can purchase a beer or anything else at the few food/beverage trucks available at the finish.

Registration for the W&D Half includes a ticket to the race After Party Sunday evening at Epcot and a $15 Disney gift card that will be emailed about a week before race weekend. For those not participating in the Half, tickets to the party must be purchased separately.

Last year's party didn't appear to me to be a major drunk fest as some think F&W has become. Just lots of runners celebrating, very tired runners....

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Wow...I think I've got you all beat...1981/82...case of Red, White & Blue cans (Pabst's "budget" beer)... $3.99/ case...mmm,mmm,good!
During the summer olympics in LA in 1984 my friends and I walked to Vons to get some beer to bring back to the beach. We thought we were being sooooo patriotic buying Red, White and Blue beer🇺🇸

Chef Mickey

I keep telling people there are drunks galore at EPCOT.

Alcohol should not be at Disney except in very few situations and tightly controlled. Yes, most people can handle it, up the few that don’t can and do ruin it for everyone.

Bpmorley

That is not a lot if you are a heavy drinker. Most people who do not touch alcohol on a daily basis can not drink this amount in one day. That is fine if that is how you do you, not judging. But saying that most people can not drink that much without it seriously affecting them.
do you know most people? I mean that only slightly sarcastic. How do you know? Do you mean 5 billion people don't drink like that? Going to germany once and got put under the table by these guys. And I can round up plenty of people that can do 5 times my drinking and be fine. Plus with F&W there is food too(along with the rest of the year). by saying I'm fine after that, I mean I'm feeling good. Could definitely operate machinery, probably not legally(as in over the .08)
As my wife was reading some of this she said don't forget the Peroni's in Italy and the Sake in Japan. hahahaha

jaklgreen

do you know most people? I mean that only slightly sarcastic. How do you know? Do you mean 5 billion people don't drink like that? Going to germany once and got put under the table by these guys. And I can round up plenty of people that can do 5 times my drinking and be fine. Plus with F&W there is food too(along with the rest of the year). by saying I'm fine after that, I mean I'm feeling good. Could definitely operate machinery, probably not legally(as in over the .08)
As my wife was reading some of this she said don't forget the Peroni's in Italy and the Sake in Japan. hahahaha

It is common sense that someone that does not drink regularly can not consume the amount of alcohol that you are describing without being completely blasted. Of course I don't know every single person(that is stupid) but I have seen enough drinkers and non-drinkers to know exactly how it works. What you are describing is someone who has built up a very high tolerance for alcohol(alcoholic). I don't doubt that there are those who can drink this much, or more then you. That is not in question. I was stating that people who do not drink on a regular basis would in no way be able to drink as much as you described without harm. And NO, I do not think it is normal or common to drink as much as you describe and it be a "regular day", as you say.

Bpmorley

It is common sense that someone that does not drink regularly can not consume the amount of alcohol that you are describing without being completely blasted. Of course I don't know every single person(that is stupid) but I have seen enough drinkers and non-drinkers to know exactly how it works. What you are describing is someone who has built up a very high tolerance for alcohol(alcoholic). I don't doubt that there are those who can drink this much, or more then you. That is not in question. I was stating that people who do not drink on a regular basis would in no way be able to drink as much as you described without harm. And NO, I do not think it is normal or common to drink as much as you describe and it be a "regular day", as you say.
Wow, that's a little judgy. Just because someone has a high tolerance does not make them an alcoholic. there could be alot of factors. Normal for you isn't normal for me and anyone else. I think thats fairly normal. Not for everyday, but for the once or twice a week I go out.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I vote for the new Dreamfinder to be modeled after Foster Brooks. It just makes too much sense.
1541975784452.png

Smiley/OCD

Word. A normal non-F&W EPCOT day includes a couple maragaritas from the tequila bar inside mexico, a duck in love in china, 3 or 4 big german beers, 3 or 4 american beers, then a few pints in the UK
Look, I guess you're going to call me judgmental too, but you "brag" about what you drink in a "normal" day or two during a typical week....just a few observations...first, you're setting a great example for your kids/grandkids, but hey, it's your liver...secondly, you sound like the guys I grew up with in HS in 1982, bragging in school on Monday about the amount of beer they drank over the weekend...
I will say this in closing, it says you're from Philadelphia...you sound like the PERFECT reason why there were jail cells at the Vet...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
A few thoughts.

I do see the daytime less crazy than nighttime. Back in 2008 I worked as contractor and spent a few weeks doing F&W events and saw some bad behavior to be sure.

Since then, there's been some things happening. I see a LOT more custom made shirts and groups of people who go specifically to party/get drunk. It's becoming its own thing, like the purple wall at MK for instagram, something Disney didn't really expect, but became a "thing" on its own.

I do think Disney could easily implement something to limit how many drinks people can have, or maybe give them a set number then a few hours later, another few drinks from the F&W booths and countries. Sure, they could wander off and get drinks somewhere else, but that might cut down on a big percentage of the problem.

Chef Mickey

galore? little exaggeration there.
Seeing 10 or more per night during food and wine not too many? Depends on your definition of galore. Any number of drunks at Disney is too many and it’s a lot more than 1. I’m at Disney 30 days or more per year and I have a good sample size.

Marc Davis Fan

I see a LOT more ... groups of people who go specifically to party/get drunk.

Seeing 10 or more per night during food and wine not too many? ... I’m at Disney 30 days or more per year and I have a good sample size.

How big of a difference do you buyers notice between different nights of the week? I would think that Friday and Saturday nights have a LOT more heavy drinkers, while Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday have far less.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
How big of a difference do you buyers notice between different nights of the week? I would think that Friday and Saturday nights have a LOT more heavy drinkers, while Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday have far less.

I don't have empirical data as now I only go 3-4 times if that per year, however I know the locals tend to go there on weekends much more, and a lot of them seem to be easily able to afford the pricey drinks.

Bpmorley

Seeing 10 or more per night during food and wine not too many? Depends on your definition of galore. Any number of drunks at Disney is too many and it’s a lot more than 1. I’m at Disney 30 days or more per year and I have a good sample size.
I've done over 60 days some years. I must be the lucky one and they don't show up when I get there. If people want to get drunk, so be it. It's their money. No offense, but people on here exaggerate about what they don't like. If you say 10, I'll think 2. any chance you see someone trip and automatically think they're drunk, not just that they tripped?

Bpmorley

I don't have empirical data as now I only go 3-4 times if that per year, however I know the locals tend to go there on weekends much more, and a lot of them seem to be easily able to afford the pricey drinks.
Anymore when I'm down there I go off property to eat and drink. I've gotten to know a fair amount of locals. Most say that they don't even go to disney anymore. People used to complain about all the drunks at Pleasure Island. Again, I can't see people going to DTD to get drunk when there are tons of places out the bubble where the prices are 1/5. Before we started getting a car me and DW would frequent PI and I never saw these hoards of drunk locals. This is why I can't buy all this. Do I believe that a few people get drunk at F&W, Yes. Do I believe that's it's as rampant as people on here make it out to be, NO. My days of disney are starting to dwindle now, so maybe it will get worse, I don't know. I just know with retirement coming I won't be spending my money on expensive beers around the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom