Epcot dining

Don't eat three sit down meals in one day. All you will be doing is going from restaurant to restaurant. Even if you have reservations it takes at least 1 - 2 hours for a sit down meal at Disney. Don't forget transportation time between parks. Allow at least 1.5 hours. My suggestion is to do only one sit down meal per day and the rest quick service otherwise all you will be doing is eating your way through Disney. This happened to us when we first started going to Disney.

Witchy Chick

Original Poster
I would go to beaches and cream and have a " No Way Jose" for lunch. Your on vacation. Ice cream sundaes count as meals.

LOL -- I actually considered Beaches and Cream, and ordering The Kitchen Sink (we're a party of ten). ;)

Don't eat three sit down meals in one day. All you will be doing is going from restaurant to restaurant. Even if you have reservations it takes at least 1 - 2 hours for a sit down meal at Disney. Don't forget transportation time between parks. Allow at least 1.5 hours. My suggestion is to do only one sit down meal per day and the rest quick service otherwise all you will be doing is eating your way through Disney. This happened to us when we first started going to Disney.

I am definitely trying to maximize our time in the parks since we have two small kids, and will be "losing" 2-3 hours each day returning to the resort for naps. On this particular day that I am asking about, I (and my in-laws) are running the 5K at Epcot. We will already be in the area (and finishing up the 5K by 7:30am I guess) and just need the rest of our party to join us. 8:05 ADRs for Akershus means we will be in the park (and well into the park -- WS) when the park opens at 9. My game plan (haha) is ~1-1.5 hour breakfast, tour WS (not much for the kids to do there), and head back towards park entrance around lunchtime. We could eat lunch on the way out of the park at Coral Reef, Garden Grill or a counter-service on the France/UK side of WS or in FW. Or just eat back at the resort.

I would love to do the QS dining plan, but DH is pretty insistent on the "ease" of purchasing the Deluxe plan. I priced things out if we would pay OOP for four us (DS will be just under 3 years (doesn't count towards MYW packages, but would eat a TON if we were paying OOP for meals)). My cost comparisons came out pretty equal paying OOP for four vs. DDP for three. And two snacks per day sounds like a lot (in addition to meals) -- but we'll be splitting six snacks per day between four people. I can handle that -- especially if the kids don't have to fight over.......I mean, "share" a snack. :D

Thanks again for all of the advice. I drafted an email (but have not sent it yet) to our group to see what everyone wants to do to "replace" Le Cellier lunch. I have lots of good ideas thanks to this thread!

Witchy

maryszhi

via napoli!!!! its amazing. also Hollywood and vine is not that great. i would recommend the 50s prime time cafe right next door. food is much better

Witchy Chick

Original Poster
via napoli!!!! its amazing. also Hollywood and vine is not that great. i would recommend the 50s prime time cafe right next door. food is much better

We picked H&V for dinner that evening as the "dinner and a show" package. We have small kids, and waiting in line for Fantasmic! for an hour is probably not high on their list of fun things to do in Disney. ;) I figured the dinner/show preferred seating would work out better for the kids.

I'm making a lot of concessions on this trip due to the kiddos. :)

I could never eat 3 sitdown meals in one day. Goodness gracious. I'd have to walk out the door sideways.

Well, I am figuring on some of my app and/or meal will be shared with the almost-3-year-old. So I will not be eating as much at each meal as DH will be eating. LOL

Witchy

maryszhi

We picked H&V for dinner that evening as the "dinner and a show" package. We have small kids, and waiting in line for Fantasmic! for an hour is probably not high on their list of fun things to do in Disney. ;) I figured the dinner/show preferred seating would work out better for the kids.

I'm making a lot of concessions on this trip due to the kiddos. :)

Well, I am figuring on some of my app and/or meal will be shared with the almost-3-year-old. So I will not be eating as much at each meal as DH will be eating. LOL

Witchy
they will love the characters :)

PolynesianPrincess

I agree with checking out Sunshine Seasons. There's something there for everyone. Either that or skip lunch altogether and head over to Beaches N Cream for the Kitchen Sink!! :D

MattyFresh

My vote would be Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. The food is amazing, and its not going to be heavy like burgers or a chicken sandwich. Plus its a great place to sit and relax and bit and people watch! If that is a bit adventurous for some of the group, then Sunshine Seasons has a very good variety and my 3rd option would be Electric Umbrella!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
LOL -- I actually considered Beaches and Cream, and ordering The Kitchen Sink (we're a party of ten). ;)

I am definitely trying to maximize our time in the parks since we have two small kids, and will be "losing" 2-3 hours each day returning to the resort for naps. On this particular day that I am asking about, I (and my in-laws) are running the 5K at Epcot. We will already be in the area (and finishing up the 5K by 7:30am I guess) and just need the rest of our party to join us. 8:05 ADRs for Akershus means we will be in the park (and well into the park -- WS) when the park opens at 9. My game plan (haha) is ~1-1.5 hour breakfast, tour WS (not much for the kids to do there), and head back towards park entrance around lunchtime. We could eat lunch on the way out of the park at Coral Reef, Garden Grill or a counter-service on the France/UK side of WS or in FW. Or just eat back at the resort.

I would love to do the QS dining plan, but DH is pretty insistent on the "ease" of purchasing the Deluxe plan. I priced things out if we would pay OOP for four us (DS will be just under 3 years (doesn't count towards MYW packages, but would eat a TON if we were paying OOP for meals)). My cost comparisons came out pretty equal paying OOP for four vs. DDP for three. And two snacks per day sounds like a lot (in addition to meals) -- but we'll be splitting six snacks per day between four people. I can handle that -- especially if the kids don't have to fight over.......I mean, "share" a snack. :D

Thanks again for all of the advice. I drafted an email (but have not sent it yet) to our group to see what everyone wants to do to "replace" Le Cellier lunch. I have lots of good ideas thanks to this thread!

Witchy

I just noticed this now, or I would have mentioned it before. You won't be able to tour World Showcase after your breakfast, assuming you finish between 9 and 9:30. World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00. You'll be asked to walk back towards Future World after you finish your meal.

Witchy Chick

Original Poster
I just noticed this now, or I would have mentioned it before. You won't be able to tour World Showcase after your breakfast, assuming you finish between 9 and 9:30. World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00. You'll be asked to walk back towards Future World after you finish your meal.

URG. You are totally right. How could I have screwed that one up? :(

Witchy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom