Epcot dining

Witchy Chick

Original Poster
On January 11, we have 8:05 ADRs for Akershus and 4pm dinner (and a show) reservations at Hollywood and Vine. My lunch choice (Le Cellier) was not available for that day, so now I'm figuring on a different location for lunch. I'm thinking after breakfast, we would do World Showcase in a clockwise motion -- so by lunch we'd be over in the France/UK/Canada area.

Or -- we might even be in (or headed to) Future World. Off the top of my head, the only restaurants I can think of in FW are Garden Grill (where we have dinner ADRs one evening) and Coral Reef.

I'm thinking of polling the travel group (10 of us) to see if anyone wants Coral Reef for lunch that day. But for us (myself, DH, two kids) -- I think Akershus 8am, lunch (noon?) and dinner 4pm is A LOT. It might be better to get a counter-service for lunch that day? Any recommendations for that side of WS (France/UK/Canada) or in FW? Thanks!!

Witchy

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Maybe grab some lunch at Sunshine Seasons, and get the AWESOME strawberry shortcake ;)

573ee199.jpg

a035f540.jpg

crispy

Definitely do counter service that day. Three sitdown dinners especially when one is so early is a lot of food. Sunshine Seasons is great or you could do the bakery at France if you want a lighter lunch.

mouse_luv

I'd recommend going to France and getting something like quiche or a crossaint sandwich at the bakery there. Something lighter.

NiarrNDisney

If you are going to be on the west side of World Showcase - Have you considered going to one of the many restaurants availible at the Epcot Resorts? Many many great options you might want to look into it!

disney magic 06

As there are so many of you, Sunshine Seasons would be a good bet as they have a huge selection to choose from, there really is something for everyone. Its ambience leaves a lot to be desired though, it is a bit like a canteen. The Boulangerie Patissserie in France is great but very small, Tangierine Cafe in Morocco very good too but not much bigger. I wouldn't think you'll be hungry after a large breakfast, and as you have an early dinner grazing around the world may appeal, again lots of choice there.

DizneyPryncess

DH & I ate at Akershus and were stuffed at least through our next meal. So I think a full lunch will be too much. If you are hungry around lunch time, I'd grab a snack in whatever country you are in. Or another vote for heading over to Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella and grab a quick service bite to eat.

Witchy Chick

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the great advice!! I had forgotten Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons (I knew there were other counter-services, just couldn’t remember them).

I think I will throw these ideas out to our group to see what everyone wants to do. And I will try to “convince” DH to do a counter-service (OOP) for lunch that day and save a table-service credit for our 2 TS ADR at Narcoossee’s. :D

Oh and for the record – I might actually be hungry for lunch believe it or not. Walking around EPCOT, pushing our two kids (each going on 37, 38 pounds) in a double stroller builds an appetite. Plus, I (and in-laws) are running the 5K that morning. haha

Witchy

JillC LI

On January 11, we have 8:05 ADRs for Akershus and 4pm dinner (and a show) reservations at Hollywood and Vine. My lunch choice (Le Cellier) was not available for that day, so now I'm figuring on a different location for lunch. I'm thinking after breakfast, we would do World Showcase in a clockwise motion -- so by lunch we'd be over in the France/UK/Canada area.

Or -- we might even be in (or headed to) Future World. Off the top of my head, the only restaurants I can think of in FW are Garden Grill (where we have dinner ADRs one evening) and Coral Reef.

I'm thinking of polling the travel group (10 of us) to see if anyone wants Coral Reef for lunch that day. But for us (myself, DH, two kids) -- I think Akershus 8am, lunch (noon?) and dinner 4pm is A LOT. It might be better to get a counter-service for lunch that day? Any recommendations for that side of WS (France/UK/Canada) or in FW? Thanks!!

Witchy

I agree - skip a sit-down and either get QS at Sunshine Seasons or take the below suggestion. You can definitely make a meal on snacks in the WS!

I would skip lunch and instead split a variety of treats as you tour the countries as lunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom