EPCOT Center Odds and Ends with obnoxiously HUGE pics 9/5/09

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Okay folks, I'll be sporadically posting pics from today, mostly of the breezeway work. Bear with me, it will take me a little while to get them all up. Coming in around 6:30, it was a bit of a soggy Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow:
3891380328_6ee5a7e2e3_b.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

Innoventions Plaza: Now with over 8,000 different styles to choose from. Come and see our nice assortment of blue, non-slippable floors, our salmon pink paint, purple whirley gigs, diamond patterened cement, and so much more. Order now, and we'll even send you a free SMRT-1 computer robot. He'll even guess you're birthdate. Call 1-800-PROMENADESTRUCTUREREMOVAL now.

SirNim

Innoventions Plaza: Now with over 8,000 different styles to choose from. Come and see our nice assortment of blue, non-slippable floors, our salmon pink paint, purple whirley gigs, diamond patterened cement, and so much more. Order now, and we'll even send you a free SMRT-1 computer robot. He'll even guess you're birthdate. Call 1-800-PROMENADESTRUCTUREREMOVAL now.
Post of the freakin' week! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I can research this later to be sure, but I think the poles for the Electric Umbrella awnings have been painted blue, I think they used to be purple. Can anyone else verify?
3890575039_46d7a733eb_b.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

...but the CommuniFloor has no symmetry (like early EPCOT Center aesthetics) it's just blue and white waves that go in random directions. :(

krankenstein

Slide1-15.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

the electric umbrella canopy was built to help bring more tables outdoors and to provide shade. When they filled in the plaza in the mid 90s, they took advantage of the space where the old ponds used to be and then expanded the restaurant further outward. The electric umbrella canopy has a much-needed function, the triangle tarps...well.....not so much. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom