Epcot Center/Buena Vista Drive Interchange Project

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
I was going to say the same thing. There are all kinds of confidentiality/non disclosure/proprietary/any other synonym for "private" agreements out there these days. I'm sure his sources are bound in some way, which then limits Martin's ability to discuss anything.

Considering that @marni1971 has an entire website dedicated to Disney information and fun facts, I don't think he is keeping quiet just to spite all of us (at least I hope not!).
No he isn't, as that isn't his way. @marni1971 site is awesome, btw! I was just a bit flabbergasted that a road or transportation project would require him to not reveal any information about it as of yet. What's so special about a roadway? I would certainly understand his silence if he has plans for Star Wars Land lying around, but not a road.

Disneyhead'71

You don't see the unbelievably huge difference between "don't spend billions of dollars on new monorail lines" and "destroy all of the existing monorails"? The monorail works well for what it is. Five stops located in close physical proximity on a round trip loop. It is NOT a viable solution to resort-wide transportation on the scale necessary to get guests where they need to go at anything resembling a reasonable cost to build and operate.
Ok, read carefully. No one, I repeat no one is suggesting to run a single monorail loop to all 4 parks and all 30 hotels. That would be stupid. But there are a plethora of options between state of the art highways in the sky and city busses.

Otterhead

Exactly, like the "leave it alone, we already have that" system.*
Whether the buses are city buses or sexy future buses, I think some sort of dedicated bus hub is increasingly necessary. DD was the de-facto bus hub, and now that it's a construction zone, transferring around the park is a nightmare.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Cap, your thinking is how we ended up in this mess to start with. It's like they developed the property by flinging darts at a map. They didn't have a comprehensive transportation plan before they sprouted hotels like dandelions. You, my friend, are cheering them on. You literally are cheering them for grabbing the ball and running full bore in the wrong direction.

What WDW needs is not. I repeat, NOT 10 lane highways and more city busses.
I agree with Master Yoda, please enlighten us how they can fix the issues that they have with more people driving on property than ever before?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No he isn't, as that isn't his way. @marni1971 site is awesome, btw! I was just a bit flabbergasted that a road or transportation project would require him to not reveal any information about it as of yet. What's so special about a roadway? I would certainly understand his silence if he has plans for Star Wars Land lying around, but not a road.
Opstay ithway allyay ethay uestionsqay. Etjay ackspay areyay omingcay!:cautious:

Disneyhead'71

Would you, for the love of God, please stop saying "10 lane highways" and "city buses" like you're describing the drive from LAX to the Staples Center? Traffic is what it is. Adding lanes will make it less congested. I can't see how you're spinning that into a bad thing.
10 lane highways and city buses are what they are. I call it as I see it. Others ban words they don't like like our Gov. has banned the words "Global Warming" and "Climate Change".

Disneyhead'71

I agree with Master Yoda, please enlighten us how they can fix the issues that they have with more people driving on property than ever before?
Oh, a monorail extension. Some light rail, Some of those nifty people movers and some moving sidewalks.

First thing is to get them out of their cars.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Oh, a monorail extension. Some light rail, Some of those nifty people movers and some moving sidewalks.

First thing is to get them out of their cars.
While I would absolutely applaud it, you do know that first off, people aren't going to get out of their cars. Ever. We see on these boards all the time that even people staying at a WDW resort, will still drive to MK and have to take the boat or monorail, even though the bus would get them a lot closer. Not because they like the boat or monorail, but because they insist on driving, and think it's the best way to go. Second, Disney is NEVER going to spend that kind of money at WDW. What are you thinking??

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
While I would absolutely applaud it, you do know that first off, people aren't going to get out of their cars. Ever. We see on these boards all the time that even people staying at a WDW resort, will still drive to MK and have to take the boat or monorail, even though the bus would get them a lot closer. Not because they like the boat or monorail, but because they insist on driving, and think it's the best way to go. Second, Disney is NEVER going to spend that kind of money at WDW. What are you thinking??
@Disneyhead'71 is a New Urbanist. His personal utopia is a world in which nobody has cars and everybody is at the mercy of public transportation and/or walking. The interstate highway system, land ownership, suburbanization, and anything powered by gasoline are evil to him.

MGMBoy

I think we all know that they money isn't going to get spent but it is still kind of fun to dream up possible solutions, regardless of cost. (That includes jet packs.)

Otterhead

Smart man, since those things have been proven to be erroneous claims based on fraudulent science.
Um, what? You seem like a pretty clever fellow, but um... what?
Global climate change is fact. The vast majority of scientists worldwide agree. This isn't a political issue or something you can 'believe' or 'not believe'.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Um, what? You seem like a pretty clever fellow, but um... what?
Global climate change is fact. The vast majority of scientists worldwide agree. This isn't a political issue or something you can 'believe' or 'not believe'.

It depends on which political party you belong to or ally with. ;)

Disneyhead'71

@Disneyhead'71 is a New Urbanist. His personal utopia is a world in which nobody has cars and everybody is at the mercy of public transportation and/or walking. The interstate highway system, land ownership, suburbanization, and anything powered by gasoline are evil to him.
I don't really know a lot about urbanization, I grew up 22 miles from the closest stop light in the coal fields of West Virginia. We didn't have a monorail.
I live at Disney World now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom