Epcot Center/Buena Vista Drive Interchange Project

LL2WDW

That new off-ramp is the most perplexing thing. It takes away the flow on 2 Bonnet Creek Parkway. The old off-ramp allowed traffic to merge east bound on BVD towards Disney Springs, To stop and turn left on to west bound BVD, or to stop and then continue forward on to Bonnet Creek Parkway. This new off-ramp requires a stop, which is already causing backups onto the main Highway. Allows only for hard right or hard left turns onto east and west bound Buena Vista Drive. It also Eliminates the option to connect directly to Bonnet Creek Parkway. Cars will have to turn right at the new intersection and then make a very quick left turn at the original intersection crossing over several Lanes of traffic. Before they had one intersection handling everything, now they have two intersections that are too close to each other to be efficient. How is this better? I understand many parts of this project but I do not understand this part.

I believe when finished, there will be a dedicated merge lane for eastbound BVD (so that you avoid the light). The Bonnet Creek Pkwy problem really isn't a problem; just take the next exit from Epcot Center Dr. That next exit takes you where you'd need to go. There is no real reason to take the first exit, and go on to Bonnet Creek.

WDWBryan

Yeah it is perplexing but apparently it's all to eliminate the bridges over bonnet creek.

But also yeah you can just take the next exit to bonnet creek / vacation Blvd.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, October 28,2017. Landscaping (crepe myrtle trees) are being installed in the Buena Vista Drive median just west of the Epcot overpass. This view looking west, approaching the Bonnet Creek intersection (the red lights in background). Irrigation systems were being tested today.

IMG_0181.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom