EPCOT Center 35th Anniversary Events?

WDW1974

So why don't you tell us what the Guardians attraction is about and themed to, then? Then we can properly discuss how it has 'no place' in Epcot. Otherwise, we can't until we have that information.

I know - not wanting to jump to conclusions would be difficult for you, since thats pretty much your whole schtick (got ya!), but I suppose I can dream.

The attraction is a short thrill ride themed to GotG. That sorta is all you need to know. The FW pavilions all were about major topics (land, seas, communication, transportation etc.), where mankind had been and where it might be heading. A comic book group of loveable losers who have become a family and 'save the universe' does not fit in at all in any way, shape or form.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No, we can't. Because fundamentally it shows the cancer within Disney. That starts with the tumor at the top, Robert A. Iger. I also take online offense at your use of the term schtick. People who care about EPCOT Center and KNOW GotG have no place there really don't care that whether or not the typical fanboi wants a Guardians coaster at epcot.
Well, starve an individual for long enough and a weevil-infested hardtack will look like a Ritz cracker to them. Apply the same to an attraction-bereft area of a theme park, and anything can be made to make sense. Unfortunately....

trainplane3

So here's a question that goes out to everyone: how do we fix/stop this crap from happening? Is there anything that can be done aside from simply not going or throwing $$$$ at the mouse? I see it as no matter how many people hate a idea, stop visiting, and keep tweeting, none of it will make a difference.

Will it take them to replacing replacing Imagination with a movie from 2015 that has (apparently) no sequel or expansion plans 2019 onward (I can't believe it came out in 2015 and I hear so little about this "much loved movie" aside from them pumping out minimal merch for it or its few shouty fans)? Would they let a Imagination V2 rage-fest beat them again or will they push through it? Will it take them to converting SSE into a coaster?

durangojim

Unfortunately, I see EPCOT as a reflection of our American society as a whole. Elon Musk has his dreams of hyperloops, rocket travel around the world, an his mission to Mars, but what other big dreams are out there right now that capture the dream of the American public? The latest iPhone? A 4k HDR tv? When I was 9 And visited EPCOT for the first time in 1984, the whole park seemed to be from the future, whether it was watching a demo of the Lean Machine at World of Motion or calling Communicore to make dining reservations from the kiosk outside of Germany with a touch screen an video conferencing. The whole park was amazing and inspiring. I don’t think EPCOT has let us down. I think we as a society have let it down by not dreamming big anymore, and being satisfied with the status quo and superficial things.

EvilChameleon

So I just watched a stream, and I couldn't help but feel sad, because one fountain barge looked like the fountains didn't even turn on until halfway through the song, another barge seemed like it was behind, the globe was behind, etc.

Sad.

rocketraccoon

The pop-up shop isn't much to see, but it's nice to walk around part of and see Innoventions West again.

xe07ovV.jpg

JcpcMTV.jpg

lw5sV8W.jpg

The line even passed by the old area where you could play games on PS3s. The controllers and presumably the consoles are long gone, but the displays are still there and intact, and the lighting hasn't moved since it closed.
v5FBXSX.jpg

Kamikaze

The attraction is a short thrill ride themed to GotG. That sorta is all you need to know. The FW pavilions all were about major topics (land, seas, communication, transportation etc.), where mankind had been and where it might be heading. A comic book group of loveable losers who have become a family and 'save the universe' does not fit in at all in any way, shape or form.

Yes or no: Do you know for a fact the actual story to the GotG attraction?

Last edited:

JohnD

Sorely let down the anniversary tag was a repeat, literally, of the 30th. They couldn't have been bothered to come up with a new one?? Regardless of what certain bitter people have to say, today was great fun, with good friends, and food!

I saw it live streamed by another blog. Didn't seem very inspired. I recognized some of Tapestry of Nations. Didn't recognize any other music. Was hoping for Golden Dreams, Imagination, original UoE. Nope.

EvilChameleon

Sorely let down the anniversary tag was a repeat, literally, of the 30th. They couldn't have been bothered to come up with a new one??

It wasn't an exact repeat, some shells were changed, and the red whistlers at the end were new as well. VO at the beginning was new too.

But yeah, that one fountain barge was behind/ahead, and the globe was behind as well. Kind of a shoddy performance.

Might be time to finally put all of ROE out to pasture and bring in some state of the art barges.

rocketraccoon

Anyone looking to pick up the pins, other than the "I Was There!" pin, can get them anytime over the next few days. They were released during the 30th, but they'll be sold until they sell out. They aren't exclusive to today.

The pin & lanyard medal set says it's Limited Release, but the list of merch they were showing guests says it's LE1500.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom