EPCOT Center 35th Anniversary Events?

Maccabee18

Wasn't there supposed to be some big unveiling about the changes to Epcot and all this blue sky concept art about what the future of Epcot will finally look like? Or has that not happened yet?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
E5BF8840-4671-435A-B4D4-D0727B315173.jpeg

193446C3-3561-4A1D-80DF-551031DCE9B5.jpeg

jrhwdw

Based on how Epcot grew in the last year, I think they made the right choice to go with the 30th tag, Esp if this was ROE's last Epcot Tag, who knows what we're getting when ROE is done!

I didn't see any glaring fountain errors from nelsonj3's YT Livestream. He was right next to America Gardens facing SSE

Where were some of you stranding?

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Glad I parked at the studios tonight seems like, as usual, getting out of the parking lot is a disaster. Though my poor back is hating me. Lol
Actually, having experienced many a holiday at Epcot (July 4th, NYE, etc..) over the years I have to say getting out of the Epcot parking lot and off Disney property was no big deal at all tonight.

Kman101

I don't begrudge anyone who wanted to be there to celebrate. They weren't celebrating the corpse now know as Epcot. They were likely there to celebrate Epcot Center that they once knew and loved. I don't see it as supporting the current state and future direction of the park. Epcot trended on The Twitter today which shows to me a lot of people care about what the park used to be. I saw a lot of "fixitplease" in the tweets. Unfortunately though, many DO want Guardians and IPs everywhere and that's sadly who they're listening to. That's not excusing it but I 'get it'. I don't like it. I don't think they need to rely on IPs. I do think if IPs are used to enhance something that fits what Epcot Center should be then I'm not too upset but that's not what Guardians will do. I don't think Frozen was the right fit. I'm not upset at Ratatouille or even Coco if it comes. Doesn't mean I don't love the park for what it was and what it could be again.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Really? It was a huge pain in the *** for me.

Agreed, I sat in the parking lot 35 minutes

I'm curious what section you were in and what time you got to your vehicles. Trying to get a sense if it was timing, or the lot location that made your experiences so much different.

I know part of the reason I got out easily was because I was the the farthest parking section in the 2nd row from the back. I had a really long hike to the car, but once I got that at exactly 10PM getting out was easy.

Kamikaze

When it is announced that Duffy the Bear is cast as reincarnation of Darth Vader for the main antagonist in episode IX to make Star Wars 'more timeless, more relevant and more Disney' you don't need to know the colour of his lightsaber to call it a risible affront.

As you say - when it is announced. We don't have that announcement. We only know that the attraction exists. Thats all.

Chances are good that yes, it will not be as 'true EPCOT' as people would like. But we do not know that for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom