Epcot asthetic changes and more (9/19 pics!)

mickeymouse2818

I really like the Epcot Center logo underneath the signs and all the new vegetation looks fresh and clean. The only problem I see with many of these pictures is the dull looking sky. Where's the sunny Florida weather?

WISH4EE@WDW

mickeymouse2818 said:
I really like the Epcot Center logo underneath the signs and all the new vegetation looks fresh and clean. The only problem I see with many of these pictures is the dull looking sky. Where's the sunny Florida weather?

It's been raining in Oviedo non-stop since Monday at 11 pm. This morning is the first time I've seen sunlight since Monday morning. I always feel bad for the people going to Disney while walking to class in the rain. Then I remember that at least there walking at the happiest place on earth in the rain. I'm walking to electrical networks, and then I don't feel so bad anymore. LOL

plpeters70

Do you think there would be enough time between now and the 1st for them to repaint Spaceship Earth's supports, or will it have to wait??

CaptainMichael

Do you think there would be enough time between now and the 1st for them to repaint Spaceship Earth's supports, or will it have to wait??

There's definitely enough time, I just don't think they plan on doing that yet. Disney (ABC) can build a house in matter of days, I don't think a few coats of paint is that much of an obstacle.

SirNim

A Merftastic photupdate, as usual.

Now, I wonder... How much more can be done T-MINUS 10 days? Think the SSE legs can become solid powder-blue again in 10 days? Think a new, younger crop of palms can be planted in the western planter where they were just ripped out within 10 days?... :lookaroun

RayLaVeau

Awesome Merf, thank you, maybe we will see each other there, Im the guy with bald head and goatee...(wait that might be a little vauge nowadays! lol :ROFLOL: ) anyway cant wait to see the changes in person, they look awesome!!:wave:

Omnispace

Thanks for the update pics!! I was just wondering how things were coming along at Epcot. It's always exciting to see things being spruced-up, and cleaning-up that cluttered design in Future World is something that has been on a lot of people's wish lists.

I'm disappointed that the new signs you took pics of are not a greater departure from what we have been seeing out there for the past 10 years. They still have the disjointed detaining which in my mind makes them still look cluttered. My hope would have been for them to develop a sleek and modern signage package to celebrate a rejuvenated EPCOT Center.

Another problem I find with the signs is that the dark blue color of the lettering is difficult to see at night when it is backlit. Anyway, just my honest two cents. Signage is going to be a significant factor in the way a new Epcot will look.

-dean../

918epc18.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

I don't get it....the have the 1994 Epcot font outfront....and then the 1998ish or so Epcot "letter C eating the O" font in the park? :eek:

The 1994 font is so boring!!!!! For a company that tries to show Epcot isn't boring, the irony is amazing when they selected the most simple and boring font imaginable. Then the epcot eating the letter O font is like a 90s experimental photshop font.

They need a font with the creativity of the 1982 font...and just a touch of today......ughhhhh. :dazzle: :ROFLOL:

But atleast they got palm trees again.

TestTrack

I kinda like the 1994 Epcot font. Clean. Stands the test of time. Looks good next to the flower.

I like it too...it looks "industrial" to me...yet...fun

I am happy as long as they didn't move to the "Wand Font"....someone please tell me who thought that was a good representation of EPCOT.
:ROFLOL:

Omnispace

I thinned the 1982 font and flattened it.

:cool:

That's an interesting way to take something familiar and make it look fresh! It reminds me a little bit of the Mission Space font. My hope is that the signs themselves get a fresh clean look as well. Those old 90's signs with the swirly pattern metal need to go by way of the wand.. And, while am on a roll....not every sign needs to say "Epcot" at the top of it.

dean..,.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom