Epcot asthetic changes and more (9/19 pics!)

918epc4.jpg

Save money, have one sign that says "EVERYTHING ^" :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oh! Thing i forgot to mention - Epcot monorail line has swingy-gates to stop people from walking up the exit platform at the TTC and Epcot stations. Epcot has always had them as the very end of the long ramp, but now has them at the top (just as you leave the platform proper) as does the TTC now.

Silvermist

918epc13.jpg

Thank you Merf. Everything is looking so beautiful!

I know I'm being greedy but if only they would get rid of the purple tent/tarp thing (above pic) and paint those legs on SSE! (I would love them to do something different with the LAL headstones, but I guess that's not happening). That's ok....I'm so happy about everything else, I can live with it! LOL

:D

tirian

The EPCOT Center flower logo looks nice!

The new signage I guess shows that the rumors of them renaming the park EPCOT Center isn't really that true.

.....all they got to do imo is remove the canopies from the innoventions....and paint the buildings a different color....more blue!!! and then the plaza will be quite asthetically pleasing. :p

Those aren't new sign structures. They're new panels on the old structures. The sans-serif "Epcot" has been there since 1994, and the flower logos are holdovers from EPCOT Center days.

CaptainMichael

Wonders of Life is reopening.....for the Food and Wine Festival. It will be the Festival's "Welcome Center".

I also noticed that the Siemens swooshes seemed to be being covered up. I'm really anxious to see the new signs that they are putting up behind that scaffolding.

Also recently, Disney has been putting up new road signs on 535. Not sure if they say anything new or not.

Magicot

And the entrance legs are being painted..

918epc6.jpg

Not sure what the final look is going to be...

918epc5.jpg

but they're obviously not the same color as the other supports currently..

918epc24.jpg
If all four SSE legs were painted that vibrant blue color, I would be a very happy person. :D PLEASE paint over those faux-LaL stones on the front 2 legs. How can management not see how tacky they look?? Jim MacPhee, if you're listening...... *I love you, and everything you stand for.... now do the right thing. :kiss: *

jmuboy

I hate those faux-LaL stones on the front 2 legs of SSE too and hope the get painted over soon too. I'm not sure if it will be done by October 1 though. Time is running short.

Disney_Freak429

^^^ Really I will do my best not to look up when I got to MNSSHP.

Merf great pics as always thanks a bunch.

For the new signs retro logo good, EPCOT not in all capitals bad. grrrr

But I guss that clears up the name change rumor but does bring back the logo for good.

RHeath2

Hehe, you think Merf's the only one doing an update that day? :eek:

I, however, will be witnessing everything in person.

As will I. I just got my new Nikon D40 digital SLR today and (save for a real annoying dead pixel that will need to be fixed) I'm looking forward to some photo-tastic glory!

Btw, thanks for the update oh great merf-master.

NewfieFan

Hehe, you think Merf's the only one doing an update that day? :eek:

The 1st is gonna be insane on News & Rumors. I, however, will be witnessing everything in person.

Now, now, no need to rub it in our faces!:animwink:

And I can't wait for the updates and the pics to start rolling in on the 1st, so exciting!!!

Thanks for the update Merf!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom