News EPCOT 2020 reopening reports

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Kinda surprised they would let Joy run around on uneven ground so near a pond. The vision for the character must be severely limited and a step too-near the pond where there's a significant drop could lead to a fall into or rolling into the pond. Now, I know the handlers will keep the character from drowning in a heavy head filling up with water, but... just seems out of place for safety-conscious Disney.
Geez. Way to kill the magic. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My latest understanding about the Park Pass system is that there was always intent to keep resort guests separate from AP’s and regular tickets. The decision to separate the other group appeared to be a decision to stop AP’s from eating up all availability for regular ticket guests. The general consensus seems to be that AP’s would not be able to fill the entire park capacity, but they could fill the entire non-resort guest capacity, which would drive away out-of-towners (which is a good thing given current travel safety imo, but I digress).

Also, of note is that (while I’m still double checking this info), it sounds like the “gradually increase capacity” plan has been put on hold due to the spike in cases.

Finally: These parks are at present designed to be uncrowded. We know (and Disney knows) that the parks could handle more at the moment. They plan for them to handle more in the future, but the reality is that they needed a starting point that will generate next to no operational complaints so that policies can be ironed out.

What? Not rushing ahead? Watching for trouble spots? Not ramping up reservations at a time when everything might get shut down anyway? Being extra careful with people's health? Not giving the critics calling for it to be shut down ammunition?

The nerve!!!

It's almost like they're doing everything right!!

Mainahman

Anyone know if the Epcot experience is open today? If I’m not mistaken, that’s where the source of the rumor of an announcement yesterday came from.
Well to me, if they decide to cut Le floating Bar, and other items that we lost the fountain from, id say the model will now be out of date. Id be surprised if it opened honestly.

joup7

ID dare to bet with the numbers, they know they can let more in eventually, but may be trying to just stay open and get through the spike alive.
Agreed. I’m guessing they planned to have AP spots available if the other spots didn’t fill. But with the numbers so bad and Florida being viewed as a state of lunatics by the media, I think Disney is happy losing some money to make sure they don’t end up with more crowds and thus more images of social distancing failures.

I’m also guessing that allowing AP’s to get additional days as resort guests is a way of making it up to AP’s while at the same time trying to get a little extra resort money. You get 3 and can get more for the cost of a hotel room.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1594763103914.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom