News EPCOT 2020 reopening reports

doctornick

If they shut off the interactive part of Test Track, why don't they make it part of MDE? Its pretty simple. It would link to each persons MagicBand easy enough.

Agreed, why add it as an interactive element on the app/website as part of MDE. I think it might actually be more interesting to choose stuff at home at your leisure instead of (relatively) quickly while in the design room. Plus then families could work on designs together.

SilentWindODoom

I have no friggin' clue what could be going on with the space restaurant.

I've thus far seen three parade floats and the trolley being used at Magic Kingdom for the character cavalcade. Animal Kingdom has been using the Festival of Light boats. The Studios has vehicles used for streetmosphere and high spots in Galaxy's Edge they can work with like the back of the castle/Stormtrooper balconies in Disney Springs.

Does anyone know of the floats in Magic Kingdom's parades or Main Street Vehicles that could fit the theming for use in Epcot? And would floats be able to navigate the China and English Channel bridges?

Haven't seen the old crystal castle or Rapunzel swinging floats, which could be used for the Princess Cavalcade, although I don't think Rapunzel appears anywhere in the park.

The Epcot buses have been sold, but isn't the Main Street Omnibus the same vehicle? Right down to the logo on the horn? Couldn't they use that? I haven't seen it at MK yet.

WDW Pro

Looking at the pics and wait times that keep rolling in, it's possible there isn't enough real demand to have even 2 parks open.

This is partially why I still don't understand the rush to get Epcot open. I've heard there's language in the vendor contracts that had something to do with it, but surely something could have been worked out.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
This is partially why I still don't understand the rush to get Epcot open. I've heard there's language in the vendor contracts that had something to do with it, but surely something could have been worked out.
I think those vendor contracts would have involved Disney making cash payments to the restaurants/stores to stay closed. I'm not sure that's better.

disneygeek90

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Spotted on stream (credit- Cory Meets World)

Goofnut1980

Agreed, why add it as an interactive element on the app/website as part of MDE. I think it might actually be more interesting to choose stuff at home at your leisure instead of (relatively) quickly while in the design room. Plus then families could work on designs together.

They make us plan everything else for our vacations 60+ days ahead of time.. Why not my car for Test Track.. HAHAHAA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom