Environmentally Irresponsible

Tinkerbella16

I love it. How many threads do we have complaining about how Disney has made cuts to "little touches" that make the experience feel special in the name of saving a few dollars. Yet here we are complaining that one of those "little touches" is unnecessary.

I have 200-and-something days until my next Disney trip. Every piece of mail I receive from them builds excitement and anticipation. I can only imagine the effect is magnified when you have kids old enough to understand (my daughter is not yet 1).
100% completely agree with this! It adds to the excitement! I love getting any piece of mail that comes while anxiously waiting for the trip to come. And I look forward to that box a month out before my trip with my new, fresh magic band in it!

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Again, I just want an option to not get mailings for every reservation and maybe a bit less packaging. For folks who love waiting for mail, I would not deny them this joy to their lives.

Nubs70

A bit late but here I go.

Paper is a renewable resource that is a carbon sequestering device that employs 100's of thousands of people with higher wage professions.

Tom P.

I think the key here is to understand that there are many different perspectives. We've seen them expressed -- sometimes very passionately -- among just a few people here in this thread. Now imagine the millions upon millions of people that Disney is serving on a yearly basis who come from every imaginable culture in every corner of the Earth. Try to accommodate all of that and make everyone happy. It's impossible.

For me personally, I am one of those rightwing nutjobs who doesn't feel that the environment is in trouble or needs any form of help from us. I don't oppose people doing "small things" they choose to do like recycling or using "smart" thermostats. I just don't believe those things provide any benefit to the environment. But I would never want to take away the choice to do those things from the people who want to. But I don't want my choices taken away either, which is why I oppose things like the mandatory motion sensor-controlled thermostats and eliminating the mailers that my family and I find exciting.

The point, though, is that you can't please everyone. There has to be a middle ground. So I get irritated that there's a motion activated thermostat in my room, and other people get irritated that there's too many mailers. We meet in the middle and life goes on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom