Entertainment News

drew81

Original Poster
Please remember some of these are just rumors and things can change-

-Walt Disney Entertainment is looking at bringing back the Magic Kingdom Easter Parade.
-TDO is looking at bringing back Fantasmic to a more full schedule. On non Fant! nights guest spending and revenue is down at Studios.
-The chain meet n greet set-up at Studios will probably be going to other parks. It has been very popular.
-Monsters Inc. meet n greet at Studios will soon be featuring a time clock which will stamp autograph books with Mike and Sulley's autograph.
-High School Musical may soon be closing.
-Prince Caspian and the UP characters will probably be out till May 2010.
-I would definitely look for the Club Penguin characters to come back in the near future ;)

And if you see the new Princess and the Frog riverboat show and enjoy it please stop at Guest Relations or email them and let them know. This can only help to let Disney Mngt know that the Princess and the Frog characters need to be out at Walt Disney World. I've heard that after the show closes Tiana may be the only one left out for meet n greets. Dr Facilier and Louis will be show only characters. Oh and Louis the Alligator looks really awesome!

Animaniac93-98

Good news all around with the Easter Parade begin the best of all. Will TV broadcasts be brought back as a result if the plan goes through?

And really, I think the HSM fad is pretty much over now. It's been replaced by Twilight IMO.

And guest spending is down when F! doesn't happen? Big surprise (not). When would anyone stay when there isn't really any extra special reason to be there after dark?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My experience last week is definitely that F! makes a huge difference in DHS attendance. Went to DHS two days. First was a F! night, with extended hours and the addition of a second show. Lines were long -- TSMM fastpasses gone by noon, 30-40 minutes for ToT and RnRC, etc. First show F! hit capacity (I'm told); second was about 80-85% full, I'd estimate.

Second day at DHS was a non F! day. Small lines, if any, through mid-afternoon (that's when we left) for everything but TSMM, and TSMM FP were still available at 1:30 pm when we left.

EPCOTPluto

-TDO is looking at bringing back Fantasmic to a more full schedule. On non Fant! nights guest spending and revenue is down at Studios.
Really excited about these two. Especially on HSM leaving. I never understood it anyway...

And if you see the new Princess and the Frog riverboat show and enjoy it please stop at Guest Relations or email them and let them know. This can only help to let Disney Mngt know that the Princess and the Frog characters need to be out at Walt Disney World. I've heard that after the show closes Tiana may be the only one left out for meet n greets. Dr Facilier and Louis will be show only characters. Oh and Louis the Alligator looks really awesome!
Will do. :cool::D

Figment632

Please remember some of these are just rumors and things can change-

-Walt Disney Entertainment is looking at bringing back the Magic Kingdom Easter Parade.
-The chain meet n greet set-up at Studios will probably be going to other parks. It has been very popular.
-Monsters Inc. meet n greet at Studios will soon be featuring a time clock which will stamp autograph books with Mike and Sulley's autograph.
-Prince Caspian and the UP characters will probably be out till May 2010.
-I would definitely look for the Club Penguin characters to come back in the near future ;)

This would be cool!

Exprcoofto

We loose HSM and get Club Penguin. Granted its not this float going around with annoying sounds - Club Penguin, IMO, just doesn't fit.

Good news about Fantasmic! and the Easter Parade.

I really hope Louis is out after the Riverboat. Just from the concept art he looks awesome.

musicmaniac522

Although HSM was disrupting to the theme and it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but it added a lot of life I feel to the park during the day and for what it was it was a fun show. I'd like to see them keep the traveling show idea in use maybe they could theme to something more Disney or Hollywood Studiosish

BrerFrog

I am very glad to hear this. I am very sad that the Studios I got to know had out of place huge hat and a constant High School Musical "parade". Maybe next time I am there both will have been removed.

And while I am at it I will also hope for American Idol's removal. :sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

I am very glad to hear this. I am very sad that the Studios I got to know had out of place huge hat and a constant High School Musical "parade". Maybe next time I am there both will have been removed.

And while I am at it I will also hope for American Idol's removal. :sohappy:
And the Hat. Always the Hat.:D

disney4life2008

Do not get me wrong, I like HS. However, it is the most boring park to me. There is no DISNEY magic. I feel like when I am at HS, I am in Pixar or Disney Channel Studios. It bothers me that the main Disney characters are NO WHERE. On NON Fantasmic days, I never see Mickey and gang unless you do a character greeting. I also HATE High School Muscial. And the Pixar Parade is TERRIBLE - BEYOND TERRIBLE. Im sure little kids enjoy it but it has no Disney magic. It seems like something that would be at Universal. There are NO DISNEY CHARCTERS in the parade (Mickey and Gang). I like the rides but HS needs to HUGE UPDATE. I spend about 4 hours at HS and I am done.

Also, they have ruined the Back Lot Tour. I enjoyed it with Residental Street then when they tore that down, I still enjoyed it. But the Back Lot Tour is nothing more than just a tram ride through the back of the studios. BORING. And the pre taped speech is HORRIBLE. I always enjoyed the tram ride driver making jokes.

Do not get my started on Fantasmic. The reduction in the show is terrible. It has been a year, I have gotten used to it but at the end of the day it sucks.

Finally, American Idol is a JOKE. While I give kudos to the attraction - it is similiar to TV. It is something that belongs at Universal Studios. Little Kids would rather wait in line and see Fantasmic vs. waiting in line and watching people perform whom may or may not be good.

Sorry for the rant but it is just my personal feelings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom