Entertainment cuts

pdude81

I mostly understand the upcharges, but the cuts are baffling. The band in AK is an important piece of the atmosphere and one of the few things that will stop us in our tracks while trying to escape the heat there. Muppets was also fun and interesting for people to check out, even if not quite as important. And now we have no more pulling of the sword from the stone? Really?

This is the kind of entertainment that keeps people in the park all day eating overpriced meals and snacks rather than go back to the pool or their rooms for a break. The same kind of shortsighted idiocy that is leading to so-so reviews of SWGE. But maybe I don't understand the strategy. If the goal is to cut down on the number of people with annual passes, then this will be wildly successful.

asianway

Does Chapek have a fear of puppets? Muppets, Coco, Star Wars entertainment, and talking head Mickey have all been cut. Just a theory. Ha.
When Coco was added to Mariachi Cobre people were ticked about shoehorning in IP.

Remind me again what I’m supposed to be outraged about?

Disone

Why would anyone spend 2 weeks at any theme park? Wdw prob has more than any other theme park in the world and 5 days is stretching it. You want 2 weeks explore the world
Have you been to Walt Disney World? You refer to it in the context of single theme park but its way more then one theme park. Many many visitors spend two weeks at Walt Disney World. 14 night stays at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, while not anywhere near the majority of reservations, are certainly very common.

ImperfectPixie

Have you been to Walt Disney World? You refer to it in the context of single theme park but its way more then one theme park. Many many visitors spend two weeks at Walt Disney World. 14 night stays at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, while not anywhere near the majority of reservations, are certainly very common.
Yup. We stayed for 11 days on our honeymoon, and it wasn't nearly enough.

Disone

NYE and July 4th, guests camp out for fireworks viewing.
And yet for decades they did night parades on both those evenings.

Disneyland Maine Fireworks shows are just as popular as Magic Kingdom happily ever after. People do camp out for them here. Disneyland Forever and Remember Dreams Come True are was a strong example of this. The Hub is also much smaller at Disneyland and I do mean much smaller for those who haven't been.... It is not just a little bit smaller. And yet they still ran a night parade. In front of the council, in front of It's a Small World, both which were use for projection mapping, and both which are directly in front of the parade route.

Happily ever after debuted at the Magic Kingdom in 2017 and has been wildly successful. However the Hub was enlarged greatly to accommodate literally thousands of more guests. On top of that in Dan cockrell's exit interview in 2018 he mentions that it would actually be handy to have a night parade, it helps with closing the park down. What he did not say in his exit interview was that it was no longer possible because of the success of Happily Ever After.

So sure if you want to give Disney a pass you keep on writing that excuse for them. But there's plenty of evidence to say with a little bit of effort it could definitely be done.

Lilofan

So sure if you want to give Disney a pass you keep on writing that excuse for them.
Really? My family and I have been vacationing and supporting the 🐁for the last 30+ years and have invested long term with Disney as a shareholder. So, all good...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom