Entertainment cuts

PolynesianPrincess

for cripes sake, how much are bands like Hanson and Shela E? How bout cutting back on this "entertainment". I'd much rather see Kermit than Herman Hermits.

Well not everyone agrees with you there. I happen to like the entertainment at the festivals and considering these bands are nowhere near as popular as they were in their hayday, I assume they aren't THAT much to book .

note2001

The fireworks pull in enough guests so the parade isn’t needed. It’s not right but in Disney’s eyes it’s okay.
That nighttime parade certainly WAS needed. It added that touch of magic that is required in every Disney park. Disney's claim to fame in the theme park industry is not that they own the IP or that they have the best rides. It's the magic and everything that encompasses.

Fireworks are only one small part of it. Now days you need to stand in the crowds in front of the castle to even understand the show.

Cast Members make up about 50% of the magical atmosphere, be it the everyday cashier who takes the stress out of the crowded store situation, the person making your frappuccino who adds mickey ears to your name on the cup, or the person emptying the trash cans who stops to make sure a crying child or elderly guest holding arm is okay. Reducing positive human interaction is a bad move in itself and worthy of a whole other thread.

The parade was music, lights, interaction and just pure happiness that felt like it should be bottled to take home. The park has felt empty since it left - It needs to be be returned.

Last edited:

brb1006

That nighttime parade certainly WAS needed. It added that touch of magic that is required in every Disney park. Disney's claim to fame in the theme park industry is not that they own the IP or that they have the best rides. It's the magic and everything that encompasses.

Fireworks are only one small part of it. Now days you need to stand in the crowds in front of the castle to even understand the show.

Cast Members make up about 50% of the magical atmosphere, be it the everyday cashier who takes the stress out of the crowded store situation, the person making your frappuccino who adds mickey ears to your name on the cup, or the person emptying the trash cans who stops to make sure a crying child or elderly guest holding arm is okay. Reducing positive human interaction is a bad move in itself and worthy of a whole other thread.

The parade was music, lights, interaction and just pure happiness that felt like it should be bottled to take home. The park has felt empty since it left - It needs to be be returned.
Yeah, the Disney park experience isn't the same without a nighttime parade.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hope you're getting paid well as Bob C's PR man? Everything you post stinks of blind defense of lots of questionable WDW decisions
But in this case...they are correct
Everyone needs to pray Disney+ is successful. Disney essentially bet the company on this upcoming product. The amount of debt accumulation over the last 2 years is staggering. $80B in liabilities, $44B due over the next year & a measly $6B in cash reserve LOL - Expect a massive liquidation sale in the not too distant future if Disney+ fails. The freakout over SWGE is real! It was suppose to drive a lot more $$$. Pressure is on Disney+ now.

The suits in Burbank really screwed the pooch on this one.
Well...I sort of agree...

I think it’s more an issue of bob trying to cash out. A lot of that burden is on park customers and particularly wdw because of their tv/streaming realities.

Of course...never to disappoint...the customers have spoken...and it’s been: “thank you, bob...please raise my prices again and roll out some more upsells!!”
Well not everyone agrees with you there. I happen to like the entertainment at the festivals and considering these bands are nowhere near as popular as they were in their hayday, I assume they aren't THAT much to book .
They’re not...but Epcot’s festivals have become tacky...it’s the same stuff again and again 6 months or more every year. They were more unique when they were limited
That nighttime parade certainly WAS needed. It added that touch of magic that is required in every Disney park. Disney's claim to fame in the theme park industry is not that they own the IP or that they have the best rides. It's the magic and everything that encompasses. Fireworks are only one aspect, and a small part of the whole. Cast Members make up about 50% of the magical atmosphere, be it the everyday cashier who takes the stress out of the crowded store situation, the person making your frappuccino who adds mickey ears to your name on the cup, or the person emptying the trash cans who stops to make sure a crying child or elderly guest holding arm is okay. Reducing positive human interaction is a bad move in itself. The parade was music, lights, interaction and just pure magic. The park has felt empty since it left - It needs to be be returned.
It was not...because attendance at MK had gone up...and so have prices.

No point paying for things when the people pay you NOT to have them.

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

They’re not...but Epcot’s festivals have begun tacky...it’s the same stuff again and again 6 months or more every year. They were more unique when they were limited

I DO agree that they were more unique when limited. The first shows were at Flower and Garden right? Or it might have been Food and Wine, I don't remember! then they added shows to the other festival.. then they added ANOTHER festival with Festival of the Arts. And the thing with the festivals is its the same food and drink year after year with only a few things changed, portions made smaller and prices going up!

note2001

It was not...because attendance at MK had gone up...and so have prices.

No point paying for things when the people pay you NOT to have them.

Sir, I'm going to put you in time out in the corner to reflect on what you've just said...
You seem to be taking an ISTP attitude and leaving out the Feeling part. This is exactly what Disney execs are doing and it will burn them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I DO agree that they were more unique when limited. The first shows were at Flower and Garden right? Or it might have been Food and Wine, I don't remember! then they added shows to the other festival.. then they added ANOTHER festival with Festival of the Arts. And the thing with the festivals is its the same food and drink year after year with only a few things changed, portions made smaller and prices going up!
Flower and garden and holidays around the world - which they neutered - where there first.

The festivals - which I like - jumped the shark when they built the booths. Intending on replicating the same features every other month.

We reward them by paying more and more to both attend and eat.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sir, I'm going to put you in time out in the corner to reflect on what you've just said...
You seem to be taking an ISTP attitude and leaving out the Feeling part. This is exactly what Disney execs are doing and it will burn them.
I was gonna wait till you explained “ISTP” means?...but it won’t change anything

The reality is I don’t support the management of the parks...let alone some other parts of the conglomerate...but it’s obvious what’s wrong:

Nobody will say NO! They have no need to change and do anything for their customers when they are rewarded for every cut throat move. And they have been.

note2001

I was gonna wait till you explained “ISTP” means?...but it won’t change anything

The reality is I don’t support the management of the parks...let alone some other parts of the conglomerate...but it’s obvious what’s wrong:

Nobody will say NO! They have no need to change and do anything for their customers when they are rewarded for every cut throat move. And they have been.
Ha! You're very right that if you aren't aware of the Myers Briggs personalities, then for you it will not make a difference. I was simply pointing out that you and the execs took nearly the same process when looking at cutting the night parade. I'm sure they studied the heck out of foot traffic patterns and the financial aspect, but didn't consider the emotional side and long term impact at all. I'd be very surprised if any of the Bobs understand anything other than smiling for a camera and how their bonuses will be impacted by changes.

BTW - what I said was NOT an insult to you, ISTP folk are very much needed and appreciated.

I'm glad to hear you don't support the current management. Those on the inside can't seem to get their heads out of their... uh... spreadsheets. Mickey needs give them a kick.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ha! You're very right that if you aren't aware of the Myers Briggs personalities, then for you it will not make a difference. I was simply pointing out that you and the execs took nearly the same process when looking at cutting the night parade. I'm sure they studied the heck out of foot traffic patterns and the financial aspect, but didn't consider the emotional side and long term impact at all. I'd be very surprised if any of the Bobs understand anything other than smiling for a camera and how their bonuses will be impacted by changes.

BTW - what I said was NOT an insult to you, ISTP folk are very much needed and appreciated.

I'm glad to hear you don't support the current management. Those on the inside can't seem to get their heads out of their... uh... spreadsheets. Mickey needs give them a kick.
Myers Briggs aside...and I apologize for not recognizing what you were doing there...I still identified the problem and the solution.

The power is with the people...but they’ve been shameful.

How? Too many examples to count...but the simplest way to demonstrate is:
Why does “after hours magic” exist?

PolynesianPrincess

When you pay $4.50 for a bottle of Coke; 8 performers making $14 an hour, one equity making $20 an hour, two techs, a captain, and a manager isn’t expensive to operate. There’s no excuse, it’s just budget cuts.

It IS just budget cuts, plain and simple. Yet the higher ups continue to get raises and million dollar bonuses while the people at the bottom of the totem pole suffer. Chapek doesn't care about the little people, nor will he ever. He gets his money regardless.

The elimination of these performers may not seem like a big hit to some people but for me, it added to what makes Disney parks so special. Without any added streetmosphere or shows, its just another amusement park. The whole taking things away and increasing the prices is really getting old and I think a lot of people are at the end of their rope with TDO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom