Enchanted Tiki Room closing for month long refurbishment

billDozer

The thing just came back from a long refurb a year ago... How was everything broken already?
everything wasnt broken but there is usually a few things broken at tiki, brids with mouths stuck open broke lights just little things. it was the first time ive seen it since it opened when it came back where everything worked.

nytimez

The thing just came back from a long refurb a year ago... How was everything broken already?

Some of the drummers were broken from pretty much the first day it re-opened after the fire. I'm not sure they ever worked, post-refurb - it's as if they were given a date to complete it, and opened regardless of whether or not the work was actually done. Some were not only not drumming, but were missing arms and/or parts of arms, too.

Bad show.

But, glad to hear they're all fixed. Finally.

puntagordabob

Of course the Tiki Room, CBJ and CoP all suffer from low attendance and low guest satisfaction. .

Not sure where you get all "your data" but it seems the Tiki Room has good attendance and people seem to be enjoying the show again these days.... I understand you have this personal "Quest" against the Tiki Room for whatever reason (funny though that you spend so much time here with us in every Tiki Room topic...lol), but your arguements do not seem to have factual data behind it...

Goofnut1980

I can not believe the lack of care some things get... Can't they add a 3rd shift of 10 people per park to just do maintenance? Then they wouldn't have to take rides down? I know they watch what they spend, but overall it would have to be cheaper? no?

What did they do in the days of Walt and Roy? When we went to Disneyland last May, it was night and day difference on the little stuff like this...

KingStefan

Not sure where you get all "your data" but it seems the Tiki Room has good attendance and people seem to be enjoying the show again these days.... I understand you have this personal "Quest" against the Tiki Room for whatever reason (funny though that you spend so much time here with us in every Tiki Room topic...lol), but your arguements do not seem to have factual data behind it...
As much as I love the Tiki Room, and I haven't seen the refurb/return to original yet, I remember going before the new management version, and you'd have to wait and see a pre-show that was quite long. And before getting to the pre-show, there was quite a queue. Just about every time I've been since it's been virtually a walk-on; only had to wait for the show to cycle. And in the old days, every single seat was full every show. Now maybe attendance is back up since restoration, as I said, I haven't been back since 2009. But with the new management version, attendance was certainly NOT like it was in the old days.

pmaljr

It has a really nice attendance. It was an embarassment during the UNM days but now, it's great. We love the pre-show. We went twice last week in the span of a few days and both times the half of the room that was open was ~85-90% full or better. I think that's awesome. The poles do need some work though, as several of them were not working/mouths were stuck open/didn't work but part of the time. You can't beat the Citrus Swirl on the way out by the Sunshine Terrace.

JimboJones123

It has a really nice attendance. It was an embarassment during the UNM days but now, it's great. We love the pre-show. We went twice last week in the span of a few days and both times the half of the room that was open was ~85-90% full or better. I think that's awesome. The poles do need some work though, as several of them were not working/mouths were stuck open/didn't work but part of the time. You can't beat the Citrus Swirl on the way out by the Sunshine Terrace.
Oh you can beat them.... By letting them in the show like Disneyland does with the Dole Whip.

The Empress Lilly

Oh you can beat them.... By letting them in the show like Disneyland does with the Dole Whip.
I don't understand why Disney doesn't do this. (Well maybe it is because the WDW guests are wee little piggies who would spill half their swirls as they try to maintain their balance moving their twelve year old around in a SUV stroller with a forty pound Turkey leg in their other hand while sixty screaming Brazilians are jumping on their back...)

The Citrus Swirl (or modern competitor Dole Whip) could be developed into the Butterbeer of Adventureland. Tiki + Citrus could be made into a great tradition, a Disney classic! It is a much more natural fit than the slightly daft drink-nobody-had-ever-heard-of LeFou's Brew for Fantasyland.

I do hear rumours that some insolent guests sometimes manage to sneak in a Citrus Swirl - though I myself would of course never do such a vile thing...
paranoid.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom