News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Bocabear

That makes it sound like a zoo ride. It is significantly more intense than that. It is a thriller for sure.
It's a fun ride with some excitement...but certainly not terrifying... Not so scary adults would be afraid to ride it.... or even pre-teens for that matter...

ToTBellHop

It's a fun ride with some excitement...but certainly not terrifying... Not so scary adults would be afraid to ride it.... or even pre-teens for that matter...
The ride terrifies lawyers.

1716401027308.gif

J4546

Im not a fan of the seemingly generic 20+ IP carousel that is coming to tropical americas, if that concept art is true. Lion King characters and such dont belong in tropical americas....they should just put that carousel in DSP where the magic carpets spinner is cause that ride is terrible and they could surround it with trees and get rid of the ugly mural/wall

bwr827

That makes it sound like a zoo ride. It is significantly more intense than that. It is a thriller for sure.
We watched a YouTube highlight before our trip last year — it was enough to put my family off. Very dark, lots of flashing lights and aggressive dinosaurs popping out at you.

I wanted to ride it, but I was vetoed.

SilentWindODoom

My most recent Dinosaur experience was much better because I brought along a pair of foam earplugs. I've always had a sensitivity to loud noises. A fake dinosaur head bearing down on you is five times more intense when a loud roar that runs through your bones is blasted into your face alongside it. It sets off instinctual responses.

Haymarket2008

I am a fan of Dinosaur. I have a special affection for it. Especially that James Horner-esque, extravagently 90’s theme music.

That being said, I brought 3 of my very close friends to WDW last year and they all said that Dinosaur (and by extension Dinoland USA) was a major weak spot in the resort. It kind of surprised me but their reasoning made sense to me.

In the Parks
No
I am a fan of Dinosaur. I have a special affection for it. Especially that James Horner-esque, extravagently 90’s theme music.

That being said, I brought 3 of my very close friends to WDW last year and they all said that Dinosaur (and by extension Dinoland USA) was a major weak spot in the resort. It kind of surprised me but their reasoning made sense to me.
What was their reasoning?

osian

In regards to Dinosaur, they were shocked by how much blank space and darkness there was and they felt it was a rusty and outdated experience. They liked the narrative stakes and the thrill of coming face to face with some intense creatures, but found it to be half-baked and underwhelming.
And that's the key really, it's not the theme or concept that needed updating, in fact it seemed to be quite an attractive theme. The execution needs refurb and enhancing. The disappointing thing is that Disney is unable to do this now without also changing the theme at the same time. Because original and appropriate themes for the park are now "outdated"?

It's also interesting that some people are too scared by it, and others find it underwhelming.

MR.Dis

And that's the key really, it's not the theme or concept that needed updating, in fact it seemed to be quite an attractive theme. The execution needs refurb and enhancing. The disappointing thing is that Disney is unable to do this now without also changing the theme at the same time. Because original and appropriate themes for the park are now "outdated"?

It's also interesting that some people are too scared by it, and others find it underwhelming.
When I was younger I loved this attraction. However, with age comes issues--i.e. bad back. There is too much quick starts and stops that make this ride pure agony. So I have not been on this for over 5 years. My family still goes on it and they all still enjoy it but like others have stated they believe it needs an upgrade. Well there will be an upgrade as we now know it will be rethemed to Indiana Jones, similar to the Disneyland ride.

Haymarket2008

1000% agreed.

rle4lunch

It's interesting because last time my 9 year old rode it he was completely bored on it. Compare that to when he was 5 and he was really into it. Regardless, they've let it go so much. Even the pre show is hard to watch, it feels like you're looking at a Kodak film role from the 80's it's so hard to see. All in all, they haven't given it any love (except tuning up the speakers), and it seems they've known for a while that they've wanted to get rid of it.

And yes, the whole land was half baked, even before they took out primeval whirl. The only good thing over there is the boneyard, and that's going away, which is probably the single cheapest/easiest thing to retheme to Indy in the whole land...

James Alucobond

The only good thing over there is the boneyard, and that's going away, which is probably the single cheapest/easiest thing to retheme to Indy in the whole land...
Even there, it’s not so much the Boneyard as it is the Dig Site that’s special, IMO. I’d be very happy to see just that portion move over to the exit area of Indy for younger ones waiting for siblings and parents to exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom