News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

bwr827

My pipe dream for Dinoland’s replacement would result in 3 highly accessible rides of varying thrill, from zero thrill like Na’vi River to a maximum of, say, big thunder.

Lose the fear factor of Dinosaur in the process, making the result a +3 for families who currently skip that ride. And sell way more Genie+ as a result.

Bring in the level of magic of Disney Sea’s new Frozen ride, but focused on Encanto, creating a rope-drop competitor for Flight of Passage — and an all-day queue balancer.

Bocabear

it really is ok for some scary experiences.... Everything just can't be for everyone... It is nice there are some things for the little tiny ones, but they will soon grow out of that stage....faster then they will grow out of Disney experiences as long as there are enough things for people beyond toddler age.... If they keep shooting for the 3-5 year old set, they are doomed to lose the market to USF... The toddler stage only lasts a very short time....Back when WDW opened people used to actually wait until their kids were at least 5 before going so they could enjoy it more and get more out of the expensive experience... Now that it is very expensive to go, people bring their infants... lol

Gusey

it really is ok for some scary experiences.... Everything just can't be for everyone... It is nice there are some things for the little tiny ones, but they will soon grow out of that stage....faster then they will grow out of Disney experiences as long as there are enough things for people beyond toddler age.... If they keep shooting for the 3-5 year old set, they are doomed to lose the market to USF... The toddler stage only lasts a very short time....Back when WDW opened people used to actually wait until their kids were at least 5 before going so they could enjoy it more and get more out of the expensive experience... Now that it is very expensive to go, people bring their infants... lol
But there is also not enough at the moment for that age bracket at some of the current parks. AK only has Triceratop Spin, Na'vi River Journey and Kilimanjaro Safaris that doesn't have a height requirement, HS only has Alien Swirling Saucers and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Those two parks need to make sure that they add new attractions for all ages, not just thrill seekers

ToTBellHop

This.

Arguably more "scary" - or at least "thrilling" - as there will be much more to see.
Indy deals with some rather frightening imagery in the films. I stopped being a boy when I saw
1716222468359.gif

And
1716222517848.gif

Chef idea Mickey`=

Of course it’s okay. But it was my pipe dream and I was looking for more capacity and balance to offset Flight of Passage.

My 9- and 12-year-old both refused to try Dinosaur due to the warnings. So did my wife!

Scary rides are a great addition to a park that has enough other rides.
Agreed, same as I feel for Hollywood Studios. Rides that aren't shows based on a time schedule or rides like MMR and Toy Story Mania where the wait is long.. all is left is Alien Swirling Saucers.

Bocabear

Of course it’s okay. But it was my pipe dream and I was looking for more capacity and balance to offset Flight of Passage.

My 9- and 12-year-old both refused to try Dinosaur due to the warnings. So did my wife!

Scary rides are a great addition to a park that has enough other rides.
Dinosaur is not scary...lol well maybe for toddlers that can't understand what is going on, but you are sent in a time vehicle to the time of the dinosaurs and drive around, see some dinosaurs and then leave...

Purduevian

But there is also not enough at the moment for that age bracket at some of the current parks. AK only has Triceratop Spin, Na'vi River Journey and Kilimanjaro Safaris that doesn't have a height requirement, HS only has Alien Swirling Saucers and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Those two parks need to make sure that they add new attractions for all ages, not just thrill seekers
FYI TSMM doesn't have a height limit, but Alien does (32"). TSMM however most likely isn't very entertaining for someone under 32". So yeah it's basically just MMRR there.

seabreezept813

Re: BOG

Prices will keep ticking up (and staffing ticking down) to compensate for the softer demand. What was once a tough reservation to get is now mostly available for walkup day-of. I will say that I've never had a bad meal there, and the potato leek soup they had last year was absolutely divine... but our check last visit was over $500. We won't be back for a bit.

What really hurt was their shift away from the hybrid QS/TS model it opened with. It democratized the experience a bit, pumped more people through on the quicker breakfast and lunch turns, and protected the scarcity and pricing integrity of the dinner offerings.

Every internal move to fix it has been quashed, so we're left with rising prices and worsening service. Oh well.

BUT this thread is about Tropical Americas... and I'm still quite optimistic in their plans. Some interesting scuttlebutt on why and how Brayden may have been leaked recent art with bad info.

While Indy is teed up to be the standout here, the inbound dining concept is looking very promising. Encanto should be great, too, though from what I can tell they're keeping details quieter than the rest.
Ya we're not going back unless it goes back to one credit or QS and we have princess loving girls. Even a menu revamp for dinner where the prices are more like an average character meal would be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom