News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

cjkeating

Unless they do what they did like at TDS with Temple of The Crystal Skull and built upwards to make the queue above the ride..You can see that there isn't too much of a queue outside...
View attachment 745775
I think we are talking about two different things... I was referring to the ride layout being very similar but the ride structure being very different and the cavern room I meant was this...

Indiana-Jones-Adventure-1-800x400.jpg

Twirlnhurl

I think the queue at TDS is adjacent to the ride, not really above it (except at load).

It definitely is possible to retrofit the Dinosaur building to create the open cavern scene, but it would likely be expensive.

The walls separating show scenes are almost certainly not structural (I feel like shear walls wouldn't typically be so close to the center of the building, but I am not a structural engineer). But there probably are structural columns in the middle that would need to be changed at significant cost.

zipadee999

I think the queue at TDS is adjacent to the ride, not really above it (except at load).

It definitely is possible to retrofit the Dinosaur building to create the open cavern scene, but it would likely be expensive.

The walls separating show scenes are almost certainly not structural (I feel like shear walls wouldn't typically be so close to the center of the building, but I am not a structural engineer). But there probably are structural columns in the middle that would need to be changed at significant cost.
I was always under the impression that most of the center walls in Dinosaur were black curtains or just simple dividers. I think they’re likely just thematic and not load bearing because the entire point of Dinosaur is to feel isolated in the jungle so seeing another vehicle would break that

Cmdr_Crimson

The version with lights on shows that there's more faux plants and black walls

Annnnd yes, you want to use an ore on the guy who's narrating and to tell him...
shutuuuuup.gif

lazyboy97o

by “exact” I mean pretty close. 😄
Right, it’s pretty close. But then you start adding in the differences in the walls and, more importantly, the floors. Then things like the HVAC being different. 20 years of code development have also occurred. All of those little things add up and you end up with a good of work to try and take what already exists and clone it.

I was always under the impression that most of the center walls in Dinosaur were black curtains or just simple dividers. I think they’re likely just thematic and not load bearing because the entire point of Dinosaur is to feel isolated in the jungle so seeing another vehicle would break that
Show buildings are designed to generally have open spans. Load bearing walls aren’t usually going to be a concern. It’s not really an issue in commercial buildings the way you see on things like home renovation shows. What they can impact though is thinks like access to power and the flow of air through the building which could require modification. They also would have an impact on the life safety design on the facility and could require modifications to how people egress.

MagicHappens1971

Has there been an actual insider that said it’s supposed to be an exact DL clone, or just the people on these boards who think they're insider's?
It’s all people just “discussing”. No one (credible) has stated that it’s a clone.

My (uninsider) opinion doubts that it’s a clone. The original attraction was built years ago and it doesn’t really make sense for them to clone it. A new story that better fits the “South America” land makes more sense

rle4lunch

It’s all people just “discussing”. No one (credible) has stated that it’s a clone.

My (uninsider) opinion doubts that it’s a clone. The original attraction was built years ago and it doesn’t really make sense for them to clone it. A new story that better fits the “South America” land makes more sense
I agree. There's been so much more indy told since DLs came online, it just doesn't make sense to clone it. Besides, while I really enjoy forbidden eye, the effects are over 25 years old. They can do so much better now.

ToTBellHop

They could definitely make the big, open room. They’ll be knocking down most walls when they gut the thing in the first place.

Any time I’ve heard about an Indy conversion here, it has had the same overall layout as DL’s but different thematic elements (akin to comparing the two existing Indy rides).

No Name

Has there been an actual insider that said its supposed to be an exact DL clone, or just the people on these boards who think they're insider's?
The reason many people think it will be almost a clone is because Disney wants to minimize design costs and bring a guaranteed hit to the park. A new version accomplishes neither and only really makes sense if it’s plopping Indy into the current ride.

J4546

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Im all for it. Give fl the tokyo version and leave cali as the og and a bit different. Sounds good to me

sedati

“Indiana Jones and the Lost World”- Conan Doyle’s Lost World takes place in South America and would allow for maintaining some Dinos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom